Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:46:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue  (Read 24006 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 02, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »
« edited: November 05, 2010, 04:43:59 PM by Purple State »

Welcome to the Purple State/Marokai Blue administration!

Our office is currently being furnished and redecorated in anticipation of our official swearing in tomorrow. Because I will not have access to the forum until later in the day (read: after noon), I want to have this thread up and ready to go for our first few initiatives tomorrow.

Feel free to leave comments, questions, etc. as always.

~PS and the team
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:47:31 AM »

I will make sure the flag waving cheering masses are ready Smiley Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »

Tell Marokai Blue to be carefull if he is helping you refurnish your office, wouldn't want something bad to happen to him to prevent him from running the Senate. Evil Grin
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »

Tell Marokai Blue to be carefull if he is helping you refurnish your office, wouldn't want something bad to happen to him to prevent him from running the Senate. Evil Grin

Keep hoping. Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 01:42:36 PM »

Do I need a confirmation or swearing in?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »

Do I need a confirmation or swearing in?

For DoFA? You'll still need some Presidential action, so you'll have to wait until PS gets online to make his appointments official, but I don't think your position needs a hearing, you just need to wait for the President and then Meeker to be confirmed I think, since you also need an SoFE in place to be picked.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2010, 08:45:45 PM by President Purple State »

Executive Action

By the power vested in me, I hereby nominate the following individuals for their respective positions for confirmation by the Senate:

Realpolitik (aka Al), as Game Moderator.

Peter, as Attorney General.

Meeker, as Secretary of Federal Elections.

Fritz, as Registrar General.

Winston Disraeli, as Secretary of Internal Affairs.

Benconstine, as Secretary of External Affairs.

By the power vested in me, I hereby appoint Teddy to be Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs, with optional review by the Senate within five days.

Signed,
~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2010, 12:56:46 AM by President Purple State »

Executive Order Outlining Wiki Responsibilities in the Executive Branch

Whereas, the need for a fully updated and complete Wiki is of the utmost importance for the long-term sustainability of the game;

Be it therefore resolved, that the following duties be given to the members of the executive branch with regards to the Wiki:

1. The President shall be charged with the creation and maintenance of a “Help:Editing” page, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Presidents of Atlasia page and all other pages pertaining directly to his duties.

2. The Vice President shall be charged with the maintenance of the front page of the Wiki, including the list of all executive officers, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Vice Presidents of Atlasia page.

3. The Attorney General shall be charged with providing timely updates to and cleaning up the Statute page, which shall include the process of moving all repealed legislation to a separate list, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Attorney Generals page.

4. The Secretary of Federal Elections shall be charged with providing a schedule of federal elections for the next year on the Wiki and adding results of each federal election to the Wiki, and he shall be responsible for the maintenance of the Secretary of Federal Elections page.

5. The remaining officers of the executive branch shall be responsible for updating their respective pages and for providing those updates and improvements to the Wiki as they shall see fit.

Signed,
~PS
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »

I'd be open to facing a Q&A if not an official confirmation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »

Executive Proclamation

I want to wish everyone a happy July 4th weekend! I know things will probably be slow until Tuesday or Wednesday and I look forward to hitting the ground running as everyone trickles back in.

I will provide a status update on our progress around the end of the week and I will hopefully be able to call the Constitutional Convention fairly soon, so look forward to a busy few weeks!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »

I will be introducing 9 bills once there is an elected PPT. It will be part of an "Administration Legislative Agenda" thread I will create once someone has been elected PPT, which of course looks to be BK at the moment.

There is more than one important bill in the bunch of initial proposals, much work still to be done, and plenty of game reform/forum affairs proposals in the package. (As well as the obligatory joke proposal Tongue)

Stay tuned!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »

Announcement

I have begun the Help:Editing page on the Wiki. It is available at the top of the Wiki Main Page and can be accessed whenever you go to edit any page (if you look down to the right by the "Save page" button).

Feel free to offer any tips for what should be included as the project continues.

~PS
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 12:55:11 AM »

Executive Order Calling a Constitutional Convention

Whereas, a majority of the regions have requested a Constitutional Convention, with the two remaining regions likely following suit shortly; and,

Whereas, Article VII, Section 2 of the Atlasian Constitution says that upon petition by the citizens of a majority of the regions the President shall call for a Convention with the advice and consent of the Senate;

Be it therefore resolved, that I hereby call for the creation of a Constitutional Convention for the purposes of consolidating the Constitution and amendments and closing loopholes and considering the possibility of a legislative reboot; and

Be it further resolved, that I ask that the Senate begin consideration of a Convention and the regulations for such an endeavor. This process should be straightforward, yet duly considered, and I trust that the Senate will choose the most efficient and appropriate way to conduct the Convention.

Signed,
~PS
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »

Very good. I'm looking forward to see what will emerge of this ConCon. Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »

I look forward to considering this in the Senate soon.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 12:46:08 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2010, 12:48:58 AM by SE Legislator PiT »

If I may make a suggestion, an ongoing problem in Atlasia has been that Constitutional amendments are often passed without fanfare. In some cases, this has meant that they have gone unrecorded & subsequently being forgotten for a period of months. I was reminded of this fact by RG Fritz's comment on the recent amendment allowing more frequent intra-regional moves apparently having passed.

As such, Mr. President, I would like to suggest that, upon the passage of any amendment, you make an official statement recognizing that fact. While there may still be a problem of amendments going unrecorded in the wiki, it should help alleviate the issue of people forgetting about the amendment & not knowing whether or not it passed unless they decide to systematically inspect the voting booths.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 12:55:35 AM »

If provided with some background information and on the spot help, I can troll though the records and attempt to figure out what's missing.

This would be a long term project however.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 01:21:16 AM »

If I may make a suggestion, an ongoing problem in Atlasia has been that Constitutional amendments are often passed without fanfare. In some cases, this has meant that they have gone unrecorded & subsequently being forgotten for a period of months. I was reminded of this fact by RG Fritz's comment on the recent amendment allowing more frequent intra-regional moves apparently having passed.

As such, Mr. President, I would like to suggest that, upon the passage of any amendment, you make an official statement recognizing that fact. While there may still be a problem of amendments going unrecorded in the wiki, it should help alleviate the issue of people forgetting about the amendment & not knowing whether or not it passed unless they decide to systematically inspect the voting booths.

This is actually a fine idea and one I will likely implement.

Honestly, there is an array of issues with how we do amendments to the Constitution and no easy way to fix those problems given the nature of the game.

As one example, currently an amendment goes to national referendum almost immediately upon passage by the Senate. However, that does not often draw votes from much of Atlasia and so the less active players may not only miss a vote, but they may also never even know that the vote took place or that the amendment exists. A rational solution would be to move those referendums to coincide with the next federal elections for regional senators (to make it easier to track results by region); however, this poses a problem for emergency amendments that effect the election process.

And that is just one example. Wink

One surefire way to make the amendment process slightly easier is for the Senate to only consider truly important amendments, rather than miscellaneous items. I will be the first to admit that I failed to live up to that standard as a senator, but once we consolidate I hope it can be implemented as an unwritten tradition.

Anyway, all of that was a long way of saying "Great idea!"
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 01:59:31 AM »

Announcement

First, I will be announcing my pick to replace VP Marokai Blue on the Supreme Court tomorrow night so stay tuned.

Second, there is a budget committee still floating around whose mission I support and which I want to see make some sort of effort to study and understand this issue. If confirmed, GM-designee Al will preside over the committee, but there are two additional members that I am statutorily bound to appoint. Please PM me if you are interested in serving on this committee.

Thanks!
~PS
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 02:34:30 AM »

Announcement

First, I will be announcing my pick to replace VP Marokai Blue on the Supreme Court tomorrow night so stay tuned.

Second, there is a budget committee still floating around whose mission I support and which I want to see make some sort of effort to study and understand this issue. If confirmed, GM-designee Al will preside over the committee, but there are two additional members that I am statutorily bound to appoint. Please PM me if you are interested in serving on this committee.

Thanks!
~PS

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!! THE END TIMES ARE COMMIN!!!! REPENT AND SAVE YOURSELVES!!!! Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »

Executive Action

By the power vested in me, I hereby appoint Ebowed to be Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of Atlasia for confirmation by the Senate.

Signed,
~PS
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »

Announcement

Thanks!
~PS

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!! THE END TIMES ARE COMMIN!!!! REPENT AND SAVE YOURSELVES!!!! Tongue

Suddenly this no longer feels like a joke but the truth. Man I sure know how to call them.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »

Question to the vice president- would you like to continue daily operation of the senate or would you prefer to have me step in as president pro tempore? I am willing and able to keep the Senate functioning, if you so desire Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 11:11:06 AM »

Mr. President, there is a bill on your desk: The Fusion Ballot Reform Act.

(Note that right now I'm only exercising PPT powers via OSPR Article II, Section 2, Clause 1.c, which states the PPT can do things "in any case where the President of the Senate has failed to uphold the provisions of this Procedural Resolution when it is in his power to do so individually. " I'm interpreting this, perhaps very broadly, to open and close votes when enough time has elapsed and such.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:18 PM »

Question to the vice president- would you like to continue daily operation of the senate or would you prefer to have me step in as president pro tempore? I am willing and able to keep the Senate functioning, if you so desire Smiley

I actually meant to PM you about that. I have no desire to run the Senate and I wanted to turn it over to you as soon as you were elected PPT, but I said nothing about it, so you had no idea I wanted you to do that. So yes, by all means Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies