Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:58:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former White House of Purple State/Marokai Blue  (Read 24300 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »

Tell Marokai Blue to be carefull if he is helping you refurnish your office, wouldn't want something bad to happen to him to prevent him from running the Senate. Evil Grin
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:34:30 AM »

Announcement

First, I will be announcing my pick to replace VP Marokai Blue on the Supreme Court tomorrow night so stay tuned.

Second, there is a budget committee still floating around whose mission I support and which I want to see make some sort of effort to study and understand this issue. If confirmed, GM-designee Al will preside over the committee, but there are two additional members that I am statutorily bound to appoint. Please PM me if you are interested in serving on this committee.

Thanks!
~PS

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!! THE END TIMES ARE COMMIN!!!! REPENT AND SAVE YOURSELVES!!!! Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »

Announcement

First, I will be announcing my pick to replace VP Marokai Blue on the Supreme Court tomorrow night so stay tuned.

Second, there is a budget committee still floating around whose mission I support and which I want to see make some sort of effort to study and understand this issue. If confirmed, GM-designee Al will preside over the committee, but there are two additional members that I am statutorily bound to appoint. Please PM me if you are interested in serving on this committee.

Thanks!
~PS

PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!! THE END TIMES ARE COMMIN!!!! REPENT AND SAVE YOURSELVES!!!! Tongue

Suddenly this no longer feels like a joke but the truth. Man I sure know how to call them.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:36:15 PM »

Oh nothing like stretching the boundaries of our Senate Procedures to the max. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 07:47:02 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2010, 07:49:04 PM by The Demon's Façade »

Mr. President

The Senate has passed the Foreign Policy Review Act

-NC Yankee,
Demon PPT from Hell
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »

Once again, we gain further proof of the need for reformation of the GM position. We've been talking about it on and off since I first started in Atlasia... This is further proof that only certain talents can handle the job as it's so data driven. The job should be storyline focused with only a smattering need for data.

There is nothing that prevents that from being done right now. There are certain basic data we need but we aren't even getting that. We need both. The problem isn't one of too much data, and no story lines. The problem is no data and no storylines. There is nothing stopping the GM from creating a story line, except percieved fear from the public that its not wanted or will be ignored. Legislation will not fix that. My advice to PS back in the day was to ignore it to go ahead anyway and he caved on it and that was the last really we saw of any attempt at a big storyline. Create the data, then incomporate it into a broad overall storyline.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »

Once again, we gain further proof of the need for reformation of the GM position. We've been talking about it on and off since I first started in Atlasia... This is further proof that only certain talents can handle the job as it's so data driven. The job should be storyline focused with only a smattering need for data.

I disagree, we need someone who can give us data or much of what we do is pointless.

Agreed. Storylines are good, but they won't make sense without at least some basic data. I don't want the Senate to deal with completely absurd and fantastical storylines that make no sense or anything like that.

I don't really see, like Yankee, what's so difficult with just some simple sets of data once in awhile. It's really not too much to ask for, even if I do understand why people don't want to do it.

I love it when I post long responses, no one ever understands what the hell I am saying.

No, I am fine with the most wild and fantastic stories and I said back in the day that PS should have the complete freedom to post whatever the hell he wanted, while YOU said no, Mr. Bluey. I want what I proposed to Al, essentially, fill out every three months the entire economics section of the CIA World Factbook from any country, preferably the US, since the categories will be the closest as will most of the data. Then the GM should be able to make up a storyline as creative and bold as he wants to explain why changes occurred, to deal with not economic events, and add some interesting twist and current events. Its pretty damn hard to do Foreign policy with a bunch of percentages and random numbers. Hence why Hashy and Ben have ran into solid brick walls as the damn SoEA.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »

Good lord, I am sandwiched between MB and Dr. Cynic. Well as George C Scott said as Patton, if asked what he would do with the Germans on one side and the Russians on the other, "I will attack in both directions".

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »

Certainly the amount of data needed to create compelling storylines is minimal.

Unemployment.
Positive\Negative Growth.
Inflation number.
"General Polling"

National and for each region. That's it. I remember when the GM was responsible for a whole budget which really hurt the position as a whole. Data and statistics can be gotten by on minimals unless you have a data driven GM, and there aren't many of them out there. That's all I'm talking about.

We had more then that and we technically still would have had the "storylines" if MB and the anti-story line forces had stayed out of it.

One doesn't take away from the other. The problem here certainly has nothing to do with too much of one versus the other. Its activity in anything period.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 12:28:46 AM »

The stories don't have to be fantastical.

As long as they're compelling, who cares either way?

The Vice President has certainly made an issue of it.

Certainly the amount of data needed to create compelling storylines is minimal.

Unemployment.
Positive\Negative Growth.
Inflation number.
"General Polling"

National and for each region. That's it. I remember when the GM was responsible for a whole budget which really hurt the position as a whole. Data and statistics can be gotten by on minimals unless you have a data driven GM, and there aren't many of them out there. That's all I'm talking about.

We had more then that and we technically still would have had the "storylines" if MB and the anti-story line forces had stayed out of it.

One doesn't take away from the other. The problem here certainly has nothing to do with too much of one versus the other. Its activity in anything period.

My point is that the more detailed the data you want, the harder it's going to be to keep your stamina up to do it. Like I said, if I had the job, that's what I'd do. Those would be the numbers you got. As far as with the storylines, I know that's a job I could do, since I'm almost exclusively just writing a story on the forum now with the Americana thread. If the President interviewed me for the job, I would tell him exactly that. The numbers would come out once every week regionally and once a month nationally (barring significant storyline dealing with numbers such as unemployment, etc.) You'd get at least one new storyline a day and an undetermined number of articles on said storyline depending on importance and reaction. That's what I'd personally do with the job and whatever anyone else would do is fine, but like I said, the burnout often comes from the numbers at least it has traditionally in the past. Personally, I'd have a hell of a fun time with the stories because writing is in my background. Now, that's all the point I was making.

I think that would be great, but in my opinion if you have an established structure set up and once you get it started it wouldn't be very difficult to do something like I suggested, 4 times a year.

We need action to get the game moving and stir interest. The Storylines provide that. The responses and new policy made by the policy wonks need data and in some cases in large amounts. Yet surely, the Pro-data people must release the limits of stale percentages and certainly the pro-storyline people realize that without some info (and I think we would need more then what you have said you would provice, Dr. Cynic) we run into this problem where we are constantly not knowing how things are and what needs to be done. What are we spending on this? What is the condition of education? What is the budget for the NE? What are the reasons for our economic problems? Is there structural unemployment problems to be dealt with? Are people saving too much? Is there a savings glut? Do we have large trade deficit? Is the Atlasian dollar weakening or strengthing in value? What is the price of tin, related to zinc on the commodities markets? I hear these questions all the time and the answer is a shoulder shrug and the nothing happens. Each one of these, if answered, could have led to a bill, or a bunch of bills even. You can have a strong dollar movement get started. You can have a movement for protectionism get going if outsourcing is a problem. All of these things can generate activity.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 11:58:39 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2010, 12:20:39 AM by The Demon's Façade »

Anybody want a nice cold beer?

Mr. President,
The Regional Legal Drinking Act has been passed 8-0

NC Yankee, PPT

Edit: and this has as well

Edit2: And don't forget this one
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 08:52:51 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=124084.msg2667035#msg2667035

Mr. President, this bill has passed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

Does this need your signature Mr. President? https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=125521.new#new
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:36 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=125422

This has passed, Mr. President.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 08:04:51 PM »

Mr. President,

This has passed

NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »

This too, Mr. AWOL President. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 09:34:37 PM »

I'm pondering the essence of life over here. And dealing with a deluge of work. I'll get to these later tonight hopefully.

Isn't that supposed to be above your pay grade? Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 08:07:16 PM »

Attencion El Presidente,

The bill has passed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2010, 10:34:24 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Mr. President Purple " I think the Constitution requires the Senate to hold a 2/3's vote to remov a dead body from the membership" State,

This has passed.

NC Yankee,
The tired PPT
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »

This is what I meant to post for your signage.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=126988.0
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies