I will now accept my accolades
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 284177 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: December 10, 2004, 06:26:56 AM »

nobody cares about the bloody Canadian anymopre Cheesy

I suppose MPF WAS right about the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, clearly it didn't match up to Kerry's...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #301 on: December 10, 2004, 11:26:46 AM »

I suppose MPF WAS right about the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, clearly it didn't match up to Kerry's...

The Kerry campaign was clearly able to bring so many people out that it had 115% turnout in a number of Madison districts.

Bringing out more voters than people who live in a precinct, county, etc. is a certain way to ensure that you'll win whatever race you're in.
Rococo4

« Reply #302 on: December 11, 2004, 12:46:54 PM »

who is mypal's stone-cold lock to win in 2008?  he must know already who will win
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #303 on: December 12, 2004, 03:40:52 AM »

The Kerry campaign was clearly able to bring so many people out that it had 115% turnout in a number of Madison districts.

Bringing out more voters than people who live in a precinct, county, etc. is a certain way to ensure that you'll win whatever race you're in.

Three words: Loving County, Texas.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #304 on: December 14, 2004, 01:04:52 PM »

I don't think voter turnout exceeded population. Even if it did, it may have been a technical glitch like those 3,800 extra votes in Columbus for Bush, when only 600 people lived there. Were those fraudulent votes? I say no, but if you assume there was fraud in Madison with no evidence whatsoever, it's intellectually dishonest if you didn't also believe that the 3,800 votes in Ohio weren't also produced by fraud.

If population increases over time, then voter turnout could exceed the official population total, since that's based on the 2000 census.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #305 on: December 18, 2004, 03:50:47 PM »

The things you miss when you have to go away for awhile.

I'm just glad Chumly posted and had a good sense of humor about it.

But, since we now know Wisoncisn is where he was, I know what happened to the 30 Bush GOTV cars that had their tires slashed.  Mypalfish did it in a fit of despondency!  Fess up!

DanimalBr

« Reply #306 on: December 18, 2004, 04:02:05 PM »

The things you miss when you have to go away for awhile.

I'm just glad Chumly posted and had a good sense of humor about it.

But, since we now know Wisoncisn is where he was, I know what happened to the 30 Bush GOTV cars that had their tires slashed.  Mypalfish did it in a fit of despondency!  Fess up!

Hee Hee.  That's good.  I never thought of that.  Maybe I've been wrong about him all along.  Maybe he really did work for the Bush campaign as a Kerry mole.  It all makes perfect sense now.   Excellent work.  We now must conduct a thorough investigation.  LOL.  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2004, 03:59:48 AM »

Bump, only because MFP hasn't posted in a while.
DanimalBr

« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2004, 11:27:05 PM »

That hasn't stopped him from visiting this board.  Perhaps he's hoping that we'll all forget about this thread so the next time he talks about some inside track he has, people will take him seriously.  If that's the case, DON'T COUNT ON IT!!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2004, 11:42:04 PM »

That hasn't stopped him from visiting this board.  Perhaps he's hoping that we'll all forget about this thread so the next time he talks about some inside track he has, people will take him seriously.  If that's the case, DON'T COUNT ON IT!!

I know he visits.  I have, seriously, ask him to join in.  I re-extend the invitation.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2005, 02:48:32 AM »

LOL
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »

Okay, mypalfish screwed up royally and royally paid the price.  Let's encourage him to post serious things.
DanimalBr

« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2005, 09:31:23 PM »

Okay, mypalfish screwed up royally and royally paid the price.  Let's encourage him to post serious things.

Serious things?  Like what?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2005, 09:32:39 PM »

Serious things?  Like what?

Like serious commentary.
DanimalBr

« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2005, 09:34:05 PM »

Serious comentary can mean different things to different people.   
Rococo4

« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2005, 12:24:08 AM »

He wont be able to comment tomorrow....he will be at the Kerry inaug., accepting his accolades
DanimalBr

« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2005, 12:38:43 AM »

He wont be able to comment tomorrow....he will be at the Kerry inaug., accepting his accolades

LOL
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #317 on: January 20, 2005, 12:44:29 AM »

Now that he's apologized, admitted his wrongness, and been humble about it, why don't we not beat a dead fish, guys?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #318 on: January 20, 2005, 02:56:43 AM »

Now that he's apologized, admitted his wrongness, and been humble about it, why don't we not beat a dead fish, guys?

I beat up on mypalfish more than anybody else, but Alcon's right.  He does read and I hope he starts posting.
DanimalBr

« Reply #319 on: January 22, 2005, 06:55:32 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2005, 01:32:25 AM by DanimalBr »

Okay, the action on this thread has died down significantly, but not entirely since mypalfish came out of hiding.  Now, I'm all for moving on and not beating a dead fish.   But to say that he's apologized is just not an accurate statement.   He has only posted twice since the election ended and he stuck his foot in his mouth by starting this thread.   You got this one:

Nope, go ahead, I deserve the thrashing. 

and this one:

I'll let you go, fish, for good, if you'll answer two more questions for me.

Why did you go around this forum pretending to be a Bush volunteer and crying out about how bad the Bush campaign was being run?

No one believed you and no one was going to believe you because (frankly) it was ludicrous on the face of it.

I am also wondering what you hoped to gain out of it.  Panic out of the Bush people or something?  Really, what was the point?

And finally, do you look like this in real life?

Actually, I really was a volunteer for the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, and even got to shake the President's hand after the rally at the Arena.

BTW, I'm quite a bit younger than that Abe Vigoda pic...

No where in either one of these two posts does he appologize for anything.  He just says go ahead and thrash me and then still insists that he really was a Bush volunteer who actually got to meet the president and shake his hand.  Of which I still don't believe a word of.   I truly find it insulting to my intelligence that somebody would try to pass themselves off as a Bush volunteer to make their claims of the Bush campaign being in peril and in a state of dissaray have some kind of validity and expect me to buy that pure and utter crap.   You see, I really did volunteer for the Bush campaign and I gave up an awful lot of my free time to help the President get re-elected.   And everyone I worked with, even when poll numbers looked bleak for Bush, would never even dream of saying the things that this guy was saying right up to the election.  For fish to try to pass himself off as a Bush volunteer and then never miss a change to try to spread doom and gloom throughout the election is a disservice to all of us who worked our tails off to get him re-elected.

I'm all for moving on and letting this issue die.   And I'm not trying to get him to appologize cause I could care less if he ever does or not.   But to say he's come clean and appologized is just not accurate and needs to be pointed out.  The fact is that he has NOT APPOLOGIZED for anything, nor has he admitted that he did anything wrong.  And I hardly call saying "I deserve the thrashing" as being humble about it. 
semissou
Rookie

« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2005, 08:24:12 PM »

Took about an hour of my life to read this thread and it was well worth it. hilarious!
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2005, 04:16:29 PM »

Welcome back MyPalFish...

If kerry had won, somebody else would have taken a similar beating.. Smiley
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #322 on: January 28, 2005, 02:18:45 AM »

Okay, the action on this thread has died down significantly, but not entirely since mypalfish came out of hiding.  Now, I'm all for moving on and not beating a dead fish.   But to say that he's apologized is just not an accurate statement.   He has only posted twice since the election ended and he stuck his foot in his mouth by starting this thread.   You got this one:

and this one:

I'll let you go, fish, for good, if you'll answer two more questions for me.

Why did you go around this forum pretending to be a Bush volunteer and crying out about how bad the Bush campaign was being run?

No one believed you and no one was going to believe you because (frankly) it was ludicrous on the face of it.

I am also wondering what you hoped to gain out of it.  Panic out of the Bush people or something?  Really, what was the point?

And finally, do you look like this in real life?

Actually, I really was a volunteer for the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, and even got to shake the President's hand after the rally at the Arena.

BTW, I'm quite a bit younger than that Abe Vigoda pic...

No where in either one of these two posts does he appologize for anything.  He just says go ahead and thrash me and then still insists that he really was a Bush volunteer who actually got to meet the president and shake his hand.  Of which I still don't believe a word of.   I truly find it insulting to my intelligence that somebody would try to pass themselves off as a Bush volunteer to make their claims of the Bush campaign being in peril and in a state of dissaray have some kind of validity and expect me to buy that pure and utter crap.   You see, I really did volunteer for the Bush campaign and I gave up an awful lot of my free time to help the President get re-elected.   And everyone I worked with, even when poll numbers looked bleak for Bush, would never even dream of saying the things that this guy was saying right up to the election.  For fish to try to pass himself off as a Bush volunteer and then never miss a change to try to spread doom and gloom throughout the election is a disservice to all of us who worked our tails off to get him re-elected.

I'm all for moving on and letting this issue die.   And I'm not trying to get him to appologize cause I could care less if he ever does or not.   But to say he's come clean and appologized is just not accurate and needs to be pointed out.  The fact is that he has NOT APPOLOGIZED for anything, nor has he admitted that he did anything wrong.  And I hardly call saying "I deserve the thrashing" as being humble about it. 

I'll say it again...I did volunteer for the Bush campaign in southeast Wisconsin.  And, yes, I did get to briefly meet the President and shake his hand before the rally at the old Milwaukee Arena (in fact, there was a post where I said Bush would be coming to town BEFORE anything was made public...hmmm, wonder how I knew that?).  Whether you like it or not, there was considerable pessimism among the "helpers," which began in earnest after the first debate, when Bush's 2 point lead in the state dissapeared.  The momentum was never regained, and I correctly stated that Bush could not win here, but had a great shot at Iowa where he was maintaining solid traction.   IIRC, I also said Bush had a real chance in New Mexico and that Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania were all out of play and campaign stops there were a waste of time.  I certainly deserve the criticism for predicting a Kerry victory, but I did make quite a few correct calls, too.

So keep firing away at me, and you can even say I was a terrible volunteer, which may be true.  But I am not a "troll."

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #323 on: January 28, 2005, 03:05:53 AM »

Well, you deserve accolades for inspiring one of the funniest threads on this forum. Nice work;)
DanimalBr

« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2005, 09:41:49 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2005, 03:00:14 PM by DanimalBr »

Whatever, Fish.   Like I said, I really was a volunteer for the Bush campaign.  And I met a lot of great people this past election while volunteering.  Some were in their 70s and 80s and knew that this might be the last election they'd ever see.   And  We weren't always joyfully optomistic about Bush's chances to win.   But not one of us would have ever gone out and proudly spread the kind of doom and gloom you did in the weeks leading up to the election. 

You took every opportunity thrown at you to say that Bush was toast and was going to lose.  And on election day, the first chance you had you came here to gloat and tell everyone you were right.   And for what?   So you could come to a message board and gloat to a bunch of strangers, who wouldn't know you if they passed you on the street, and say how right you were in predicting your own candidate's downfall?  The way I see it, this either makes you a troll or somebody who's truly got his priorities out of whack.  Even if there was any truthfullness in what you had to say, what purpose did it serve to come to a political message board that is used by Republicans, Democrats, and Indepenents and continue to say all that crap.  Seems like the only purpose it would serve would be to depress the Bush voters, the very same ones that you as a campaign worker (or so you say) are suppose to be trying to get to go to the polls and vote.   There's a fine line between being pesimistic about your campaign's chances and gleefully and joyfully anticipating every bit of bad news and spreading it around with the utmost pride.  Not once did you ever acknowledge or say anything good about Bush of his campaign.  But you took every tabolid story that portrayed the Bush camp as being in peril and every poll that showed Kerry leading and you posted it here like it was your own personal golden trophy. 

Why don't you do us all a favor.  When the next campaign rolls around, please go work for the Democrats.   Because we don't need your kind on our side. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies