I will now accept my accolades
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 282785 times)
Rococo4

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2004, 12:27:59 AM »

I think it has a few more pages at a minimum to go yet.....kudos to whoever rescued this thread post-election by the way
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2004, 12:38:37 AM »

I say keep it going to Inaguration Day, at least.  This is one fish that needs a slow roasting.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2004, 12:40:04 AM »

I don't even care if he comes back or not; this thread is fun.
DanimalBr

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2004, 01:20:40 AM »

I say keep it going to Inaguration Day, at least.  This is one fish that needs a slow roasting.

Agreed.  This thread is just hillarious.  I say keep it going.  I highly doubt the Fried Flounder is gonna come back now.  Especially that he knows all of us are sittin here ready to pounce on him.  But if the fish hasn't gone belly up and is still swimming near the shore, we don't want him to forget this wonderful thread in which he says

"I WILL NOW ACCEPT MY ACCOLADES!!"   Well we're giving him his accolades and he's not here to accept them.  LOL
Rococo4

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2004, 01:21:41 AM »

This is definelty our way of gloating, without coming right out and doing it, so everyone wins
DanimalBr

« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2004, 01:25:58 AM »

This is definelty our way of gloating, without coming right out and doing it, so everyone wins

I'm normally not one who likes to rub it in either.  But if you go back and read the posts that this Fried Fillet has written during the past month, this is one who deserves to have it rubbed in.  Whether he is here to read them or not.  Smiley
DanimalBr

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2004, 01:35:36 AM »

Its sad this has gone on for 9 pages..but its still funny as sh**t. LOL

Want some grits with that fish?

Hey.   The election is over.  There are no more polls to look at, disect, and analyze.   Bush's innauguaration is still 2 months away.  So we got to have something to do now to keep us all coming back to this forum.  So let's all gather around for a good ol fashion fish fryin. 

BTW, anybody know how to make Sushi out of this Fish? 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2004, 08:04:33 AM »

I LIKE MYPALFISH! 

I LIKE MYPALFISH!

I LIKE MYPALFISH!

(Think that worked?)
DanimalBr

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2004, 11:31:51 AM »

Please come back MyPalfish and indulge us with all your stories about working for the Bush campaign and how depressed they were.  We know you tried to tell us.  But now we are really interested.  WE REALLY ARE!!  I promise I will read what you have to say and I will not take you any less seriously than I did before the election ended.  Smiley

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2004, 11:33:37 AM »

well, in all honesty, khirk also had a lot of crazy things to say.  i remember him saying that kerry was winning on the swing states and had excellent shots in wv, va, az, co, and nv.

but at least khirk came back.
DanimalBr

« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2004, 11:45:19 AM »

CAN, MYPALFISH COME OUT AND PLAY?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2004, 01:49:14 PM »

Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
Rococo4

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2004, 02:05:18 PM »

im sorry....everytime i open up this thread I just start laughing.  is this wrong?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2004, 02:09:48 PM »

hah, i love it
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2004, 02:18:12 PM »

I tried to tell you what was going on.  I really tried.  This looks like a landslide, folks.

Dumbass.
DanimalBr

« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2004, 05:57:17 PM »

WHere you at, Fishy Fishy Fishy?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2004, 05:58:23 PM »

I tried to tell you what was going on.  I really tried.  This looks like a landslide, folks.

Dumbass.

It's pronounced "Dumas".
DanimalBr

« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »

Comeon Fish.  I know that everyone here is giving you a hard time for you kinda premature patting yourself on the back.  But I got some really great news.

I JUST SAVED A WHOLE BUNCH OF MONEY ON MY CAR INSURANCE BY SWITCHING TO GEICO
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2004, 06:28:59 PM »

Dumbass.

It's pronounced "Dumas".

Actually, in this case, it would be Dumb Bass.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2004, 06:30:30 PM »

lol, this topic is still up here and going strong. Smiley Hey, I'll contribute a post every now and then. Smiley

I don't hardly ever rub something in, and in fact I didn't even discuss the election with my Democrat friends until they brought it up. But this one needs some rubbing in. I just can't believe anybody serious would make these kinds of predictions and guarantees based on early, slim leads in exit polls of swing states. A landlside? Oh, please. This is really funny. I just read it through from the beginning for the first time since election day. I'm smiling. Gosh, I hope Fishy didn't take the proverbial bridge. He seemed pretty convinced, even for a believer in a lost cause. Smiley
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2004, 06:54:49 PM »

I took the same tack. I had many friends predicting a decisive Kerry victory. Hell, I even went along with them for the sake of not starting an argument. God knows there were enough of those during the campaign. When it was over, I could barely bring myself to rub it in. I mean, they were soooo dejected. You'd have thought someone just shot their puppy or something.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »

I took the same tack. I had many friends predicting a decisive Kerry victory. Hell, I even went along with them for the sake of not starting an argument. God knows there were enough of those during the campaign. When it was over, I could barely bring myself to rub it in. I mean, they were soooo dejected. You'd have thought someone just shot their puppy or something.

Yeah, I didn't even bring it up. A few I didn't even hear from until about Sunday, it was like they were in mourning. Then the other half just dismissed it with an I don't really care, I can't stand either one of them. Then on the other hand, the GOPers were calling me the next morning. Watching election returns is almost like watching the Super Bowl and the media frames it that way, so I guess they do a good job of grabbing everyone's attention. Almost everyone I know watched at least part of the returns, depending upon where they were. We even get a pre-game show of sorts.

Rococo4

« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2004, 12:27:02 AM »

Dumbass.

It's pronounced "Dumas".

Actually, in this case, it would be Dumb Bass.

Good stuff.  Then again so is this thread.
DanimalBr

« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2004, 09:55:36 AM »

bump.   back to the top
Bogart
bogart414
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -5.39

« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2004, 02:46:46 PM »

Yeah, I didn't even bring it up. A few I didn't even hear from until about Sunday, it was like they were in mourning. Then the other half just dismissed it with an I don't really care, I can't stand either one of them. Then on the other hand, the GOPers were calling me the next morning. Watching election returns is almost like watching the Super Bowl and the media frames it that way, so I guess they do a good job of grabbing everyone's attention. Almost everyone I know watched at least part of the returns, depending upon where they were. We even get a pre-game show of sorts.

Keep it going. You're right about many Democrats suddenly dismissing the results as if they didn't care. Many of these same people wouldn't shut up 24 hours before about this "being the most important election in our history." Funny that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies