I will now accept my accolades (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:18:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 284152 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: November 05, 2004, 08:09:51 PM »

Oh, come on, give it up...yeah, the guy was wrong. Is it necessary to keep bumping this thread up? How long is this going to go on for?

So he has egg on his face. Give the man some peace....
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 11:45:59 PM »

Friendfriedflounder is the type troll that deserves to be drug out from under his Kerry Edwards collasped bridge,
skewered lengthwise, and roasted over an open fire.

Ok, but simply bumping up the thread without actually contributing to it, merely for the purpose of making someone look bad, seems to me to be in poor taste. I fail to see what is gained by beating the dead horse over and over again.

I'm not defending the guy, just saying, ok, we get the point, it's time to move on already....
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 01:04:52 PM »

nobody cares about the bloody Canadian anymopre Cheesy

I suppose MPF WAS right about the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, clearly it didn't match up to Kerry's...

The Kerry campaign was clearly able to bring so many people out that it had 115% turnout in a number of Madison districts.

Bringing out more voters than people who live in a precinct, county, etc. is a certain way to ensure that you'll win whatever race you're in.

I don't think voter turnout exceeded population. Even if it did, it may have been a technical glitch like those 3,800 extra votes in Columbus for Bush, when only 600 people lived there. Were those fraudulent votes? I say no, but if you assume there was fraud in Madison with no evidence whatsoever, it's intellectually dishonest if you didn't also believe that the 3,800 votes in Ohio weren't also produced by fraud.

If population increases over time, then voter turnout could exceed the official population total, since that's based on the 2000 census.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:48:31 PM »

I don't disagree with making light to some degree with someone's inaccurate prediction, but does this thread really merit being stickied?

This just seems ridiculous to sticky this, unless we are going to start stickying stuff like when AuH20 predicted Harris would win in Florida.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 06:09:51 PM »

I don't disagree with making light to some degree with someone's inaccurate prediction, but does this thread really merit being stickied?

This just seems ridiculous to sticky this, unless we are going to start stickying stuff like when AuH20 predicted Harris would win in Florida.

there's no reason at all to sticky this...Republicans bump it enough

Yeah. I agee it's the stupidest prediction anyone has ever made by far, but still, why sticky it? Is it sort of like putting skulls on the town walls in medieveal times, a warning to other posters that they better not make any ridiculous predictions or else they will suffer the same fate?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:43:04 PM »

This thread was of vital importance in November of 2004.  It kept the winning side from taunting the losign side.  Instead we all came in here and taunted mypalfish.  Its stickying also serves as a reminder to, as said by the angry one, not count your chickens before they hatch.

And there are some damn funny posts in here.

That's true, you bring up some good points. I'm still not sure it merits stickying but the guy did say it was ok to ridicule him for the next four years if he was wrong.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »

I wonder what his predictions are for this year. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length