"Sleeper" House Seats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:37:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  "Sleeper" House Seats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Sleeper" House Seats  (Read 11017 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: July 06, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »

Do I dare say PA-13?  Nah, Dee Adcock is not going to get attention from the NRCC.  However, I have seen a few lawn signs for him.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »

Do I dare say PA-13?  Nah, Dee Adcock is not going to get attention from the NRCC.  However, I have seen a few lawn signs for him.

Lol.

I'd have to say Altmire's seat, but he is pretty conservative.

Altmire wouldn't be considered "sleeper" for it is known to be conservative to begin with and a conservative Dem is representing the district.  It would however, take a severe wave for Allyson Schwartz to get knocked off in the 13th, but the candidate is unimpressive.  If Bruce Castor were to run, I'd put this on Watch List at least, possibly Likely Dem.  I would think the 7th and 8th would have long flipped back before this is even a possibility as well.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »

Lol.

Altmire wouldn't be considered "sleeper" for it is known to be conservative to begin with and a conservative Dem is representing the district.  It would however, take a severe wave for Allyson Schwartz to get knocked off in the 13th, but the candidate is unimpressive.  If Bruce Castor were to run, I'd put this on Watch List at least, possibly Likely Dem.  I would think the 7th and 8th would have long flipped back before this is even a possibility as well.

Possible. However, with a Cook PVI of D+7, a lot of craziness has to happen before a Republican is elected.

Another one I forgot: PA-15.  But it would have to be an average or good Democratic year.  Don Cunningham should have ran in 2006 or 08, not now.  PA-6 the same thing.  The Dems ran a dud in 2008, who almost won anyway, when that was definitely the year with Obama winning the district by 18 points.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »

Lol.

Possible. However, with a Cook PVI of D+7, a lot of craziness has to happen before a Republican is elected.

Another one I forgot: PA-15.  But it would have to be an average or good Democratic year.  Don Cunningham should have ran in 2006 or 08, not now.  PA-6 the same thing.  The Dems ran a dud in 2008, who almost won anyway, when that was definitely the year with Obama winning the district by 18 points.

My home district Smiley . Yeah, you're right Dems should have run better but Dent's safe for another cycle. As for PA-6, it's probably the same deal. only D+4 in a tough year, that 4 is erased.

I've spent a lot of time in the Lehigh Valley at one point.  True swing district.  Hard to tell what will happen.  Lots of unions there, but lots of exurbs (NYC/Philly).  Voted for Toomey and Obama.  Go figure.  I agree with you on Dent- he's safe, but only for this cycle.

PA-6 will be a Dem district if kept intact at some point when Gerlach retires.  I'd still have it Lean GOP, but that's only considering the cycle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies