I've had enough of the Israel-bashing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:54:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I've had enough of the Israel-bashing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I've had enough of the Israel-bashing  (Read 6129 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »

I was saying that we are a "Christian Nation" not Israel. Christians think they are doing the Christian thing by saying they support Israel even though they have no idea that ancient texts regarded territory as important for their tribes and it has nothing to do with the will of Yahweh or El. Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.

Since when is it Christian to submit to genocidal blackmail?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »

I was saying that we are a "Christian Nation" not Israel. Christians think they are doing the Christian thing by saying they support Israel even though they have no idea that ancient texts regarded territory as important for their tribes and it has nothing to do with the will of Yahweh or El. Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.

When has Israel commited genocide?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 01:43:20 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2010, 01:45:06 AM by 猫主席 »

"Give me billions of dollars per year no questions asked and for no rational reason or I'll wipe out six million Arabs" is blackmail and a threat to commit genocide. Just sayin'.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »

I'm pro-life, but i think Israel should be nuked.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »

"Give me billions of dollars per year no questions asked and for no rational reason or I'll wipe out six million Arabs" is blackmail and a threat to commit genocide. Just sayin'.

I don't think Israel ever made those kinds of threats. They sure didn't in 1963 when JFK planned to cut aid to them, or in 1975, or in 1991.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 12:52:49 PM »

I don't think Israel ever made those kinds of threats. They sure didn't in 1963 when JFK planned to cut aid to them, or in 1975, or in 1991.

Why would that be necessary? Kennedy would be taken out before the year was through.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »

Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 06:27:16 PM »

Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.

Derek is not an official representative of the Israeli govt. and he is not speaking to any U.S. govt. official.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »

What do you mean? No one is committing genocide or blackmailing anyone? Israel is under some type of control as a result of our support. To discontinue our support and take such a chance is the wrong thing to do. Now if they were threatening to strike us if we didn't support them that would be different because then they'd actually be the ones controlling us.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »

In light of everything, there isn't enough bashing, imo.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »

I'm pro-life, but i think Israel should be nuked.

So in other words, you've combined an awful view with a completely anti-Semitic and stupid one.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

What do you mean? No one is committing genocide or blackmailing anyone? Israel is under some type of control as a result of our support. To discontinue our support and take such a chance is the wrong thing to do. Now if they were threatening to strike us if we didn't support them that would be different because then they'd actually be the ones controlling us.
If cutting off aid means that Israel implements their Final Solution for the Palestinian Problem, which involves sending six million Arabs to camps, it will be their decision, and their consequences.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »

If cutting off aid means that Israel implements their Final Solution for the Palestinian Problem, which involves sending six million Arabs to camps, it will be their decision, and their consequences.

If the U.S. will cut off aid to Israel, chances are Israel just draws its borders unilaterally, adding East Jerusalem, the major West Bank settlements, and maybe some of the Hordan Valley to Israel while creating a Palestinian state in the rest of the West Bank and in Gaza. 0% chance that what you wrote will actually happen.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »

If the U.S. will cut off aid to Israel, chances are Israel just draws its borders unilaterally, adding East Jerusalem, the major West Bank settlements, and maybe some of the Hordan Valley to Israel while creating a Palestinian state in the rest of the West Bank and in Gaza. 0% chance that what you wrote will actually happen.

Israel has already declared East Jerusalem in its borders. The West Bank settlements and the Jordan River are de-facto part of Israel even if no one officially recognizes it as so. A Palestinian state in the region will immediately resemble the bantustans of South Africa. The claims that Israel practices Apartheid seem doubtful now, but will definitely be true if it annexes the entire West Bank minus a few islands. Inevitably (given that its main backer has cut it off), the crippling sanctions will follow and millions of secular and wealthy Jews with western passports will flee. Hamas will have won the war without firing a shot. At least we can always hold out hope that a charismatic Nelson Mandela-type figure who preaches reconciliation will emerge to save the day.

The ball is always in their court.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

That doesn't sound like a peaceful foreign policy.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »

Israel has already declared East Jerusalem in its borders. The West Bank settlements and the Jordan River are de-facto part of Israel even if no one officially recognizes it as so. A Palestinian state in the region will immediately resemble the bantustans of South Africa. The claims that Israel practices Apartheid seem doubtful now, but will definitely be true if it annexes the entire West Bank minus a few islands. Inevitably (given that its main backer has cut it off), the crippling sanctions will follow and millions of secular and wealthy Jews with western passports will flee. Hamas will have won the war without firing a shot. At least we can always hold out hope that a charismatic Nelson Mandela-type figure who preaches reconciliation will emerge to save the day.

The ball is always in their court.

I think Israel would care too much about their international reputation to annex most of the West Bank (in this scenario). At most, they annex the Jewish areas and some sparesly populated areas in the Jordan Valley/Negev Desert. A continguous Palestinian state would then be formed on 75-90% of the West Bank and all of Gaza. And no one would be able to accuse Israel of apartheid because Israel would still have a large Jewish majority. And to be honest I don't think the Palestinians would be that bad off in this scenario. But I still think this scenario is unlikely because I seriously doubt the U.S. would cut aid to Israel.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2010, 01:23:23 AM »

Of course the Arabs wouldn't be that bad off. The blacks weren't that bad off in the bantustans.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2010, 06:29:10 AM »

I wouldn't mind so many threads on the Israeli/Palestinian mess, but it would be nice if they were at least slightly less mindless and reductionist. Right now such threads (including this one!) tend to be almost ritualistic.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »

To some extent I wouldn't mind seeing some Israeli annexation. Jews tend to be moral and live by the Old Testament and while I have strong historical disagreements with how the OT is interpreted today, it keeps people in line politically. Just look at Alabama and Mississippi. However, I'd prefer peace and harmony if possible.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2010, 10:13:57 AM »

I will use this thread to note two things I wanted to say on the old "I don't care about Israel"-thread which was locked.

1. It always made me think of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF6JMotbHYM partly because I remembered the lyrics wrong in the obvious manner.

2. I read an article on that exact same theme (not caring about Israel) in the "newspaper" National Today, distributed by ultra-racist National Democrats a couple of weeks ago.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »

Seriously guys. Enough already.

Certain posters, Libertas being the best example but also with other posters such as FallenMorgan and BRTD have taken a completely one sided view of this. Everytime Palestinians are killed, the cliche left wing or libertarian types immediately cry out about 'Zionist oppression' and 'Israeli apartheid'. Yet, when Palestinian rockets fall on Israeli villages and children are murdered, they don't even care. They vary in their reasons why.

So are you back on the "right wing" then?

LOL no. 'Israel' is the aggressor, occupying what is rightfully Palestinian land. They are in no position to be dictating the terms of 'peace'.

Why should Palestinians resent other Arab nations, who are not occupying their land, rather than Zionists, who are certainly occupying their and?

Uh, right, Roch and constine are the balanced ones, their only problem is not they're not fanatically devoted to Zionism enough for you? Shocked

I wonder whatever happened to the Palestinian territories after the Israeli state was founded, before the 6 days war. There was something, but it eludes me at the moment. Might have to google it, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies