I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:55:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've had enough of the Israel-bashing  (Read 6249 times)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« on: July 11, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »
« edited: July 11, 2010, 12:14:31 PM by Earth »

I hate to put it so frankly, but the Arabs do not give a toss about the Palestinians.

So what? Who cares what the Arabs think about Palestinians? Anti-Israeli sentiment is not based on some sort 'love' that Arabs may or may not have towards a group of oppressed.

Also, I don't see why supporting a Jewish homeland and supporting the overthrow of capitalism are incompatible.

They aren't; the same way a fish isn't incompatible with a hat. You could put a nice little hat on a fish, and no harm done, but the two have nothing to do with one another. The same for 'support' of a Jewish nation, and the 'overthrow' of capitalism.

If there's anything I resent more than an aggressor playing the eternal victimhood card, is the piggybacking of unrelated issues on something valid, like when comfortable liberals come out of the woodwork at a police brutality protest, bringing unnecessary baggage.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

Certain posters, Libertas being the best example but also with other posters such as FallenMorgan and BRTD have taken a completely one sided view of this. Everytime Palestinians are killed, the cliche left wing or libertarian types immediately cry out about 'Zionist oppression' and 'Israeli apartheid'. Yet, when Palestinian rockets fall on Israeli villages and children are murdered, they don't even care. They vary in their reasons why.

So how do we, "the Israel Bashers", rectify the 'one sided view' of things?

Palestinians have engaged in violence? Of course.

Palestinians in authority have probably set back their cause? I'll agree.

Are Arab nations in it for themselves, if they do care? Absolutely.

The opposition wants nothing less than complete acceptance of Israel, on Israel's terms, something no rational person should even entertain. Otherwise, the old canard of "Anti Semite", or maybe even 'radical' rears it's head, in the hopes of silencing the argument.

About the last sentence; it's a very odd one. As if Israel hasn't killed more Palestinians, or that the Palestinians seem to be the aggressors in spite of their situation. Or is it that violence is simply unacceptable? That's also weird. That would conflict with this unquestioned support for Israel.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »

In light of everything, there isn't enough bashing, imo.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies