I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:15:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've had enough of the Israel-bashing  (Read 6241 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 11, 2010, 03:20:19 PM »

I've had enough of it too. We are a Christian nation and if you don't believe me just go to the south. Or ask a simple majority of this country. The hope for Middle East peace depends on our support for Israel anyways. If we stopped supporting them, then they'd blow everyone else up.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:16:35 PM »

I've had enough of it too. We are a Christian nation and if you don't believe me just go to the south. Or ask a simple majority of this country. The hope for Middle East peace depends on our support for Israel anyways. If we stopped supporting them, then they'd blow everyone else up.

1. Since when was Israel a Christian nation?

2. We are not a "Christian nation." We are a nation that has a lot of Christians.

I was saying that we are a "Christian Nation" not Israel. Christians think they are doing the Christian thing by saying they support Israel even though they have no idea that ancient texts regarded territory as important for their tribes and it has nothing to do with the will of Yahweh or El. Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:28:16 AM »

I was saying that we are a "Christian Nation" not Israel. Christians think they are doing the Christian thing by saying they support Israel even though they have no idea that ancient texts regarded territory as important for their tribes and it has nothing to do with the will of Yahweh or El. Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.

Since when is it Christian to submit to genocidal blackmail?

What do you mean? No one is committing genocide or blackmailing anyone? Israel is under some type of control as a result of our support. To discontinue our support and take such a chance is the wrong thing to do. Now if they were threatening to strike us if we didn't support them that would be different because then they'd actually be the ones controlling us.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:57:23 PM »

Since when is it Christian to submit to genocidal blackmail?

What do you mean? No one is committing genocide or blackmailing anyone? Israel is under some type of control as a result of our support. To discontinue our support and take such a chance is the wrong thing to do. Now if they were threatening to strike us if we didn't support them that would be different because then they'd actually be the ones controlling us.
If cutting off aid means that Israel implements their Final Solution for the Palestinian Problem, which involves sending six million Arabs to camps, it will be their decision, and their consequences.

That doesn't sound like a peaceful foreign policy.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »

To some extent I wouldn't mind seeing some Israeli annexation. Jews tend to be moral and live by the Old Testament and while I have strong historical disagreements with how the OT is interpreted today, it keeps people in line politically. Just look at Alabama and Mississippi. However, I'd prefer peace and harmony if possible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies