I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  I've had enough of the Israel-bashing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I've had enough of the Israel-bashing  (Read 6246 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« on: July 13, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »

I was saying that we are a "Christian Nation" not Israel. Christians think they are doing the Christian thing by saying they support Israel even though they have no idea that ancient texts regarded territory as important for their tribes and it has nothing to do with the will of Yahweh or El. Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.

Since when is it Christian to submit to genocidal blackmail?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:43:20 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2010, 01:45:06 AM by 猫主席 »

"Give me billions of dollars per year no questions asked and for no rational reason or I'll wipe out six million Arabs" is blackmail and a threat to commit genocide. Just sayin'.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:56:35 PM »

I don't think Israel ever made those kinds of threats. They sure didn't in 1963 when JFK planned to cut aid to them, or in 1975, or in 1991.

Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

I was saying that we are a "Christian Nation" not Israel. Christians think they are doing the Christian thing by saying they support Israel even though they have no idea that ancient texts regarded territory as important for their tribes and it has nothing to do with the will of Yahweh or El. Do you want Israel to wipe out other countries in the Middle East after we stop supporting them? I know I don't.

Since when is it Christian to submit to genocidal blackmail?

What do you mean? No one is committing genocide or blackmailing anyone? Israel is under some type of control as a result of our support. To discontinue our support and take such a chance is the wrong thing to do. Now if they were threatening to strike us if we didn't support them that would be different because then they'd actually be the ones controlling us.
If cutting off aid means that Israel implements their Final Solution for the Palestinian Problem, which involves sending six million Arabs to camps, it will be their decision, and their consequences.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »

If the U.S. will cut off aid to Israel, chances are Israel just draws its borders unilaterally, adding East Jerusalem, the major West Bank settlements, and maybe some of the Hordan Valley to Israel while creating a Palestinian state in the rest of the West Bank and in Gaza. 0% chance that what you wrote will actually happen.

Israel has already declared East Jerusalem in its borders. The West Bank settlements and the Jordan River are de-facto part of Israel even if no one officially recognizes it as so. A Palestinian state in the region will immediately resemble the bantustans of South Africa. The claims that Israel practices Apartheid seem doubtful now, but will definitely be true if it annexes the entire West Bank minus a few islands. Inevitably (given that its main backer has cut it off), the crippling sanctions will follow and millions of secular and wealthy Jews with western passports will flee. Hamas will have won the war without firing a shot. At least we can always hold out hope that a charismatic Nelson Mandela-type figure who preaches reconciliation will emerge to save the day.

The ball is always in their court.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies