I never said I wouldn't gloat.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:51:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  I never said I wouldn't gloat.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I never said I wouldn't gloat.  (Read 44172 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2004, 01:36:29 AM »

I never said I wouldn't gloat.  So I wanted to take this opportunity to point out how good this feels.

The country has vindicated Bush.  They have vindicated the war in Iraq, the Patriot Act, the tax cuts, the traditional values.  We will win the popular vote majority that no one has gotten since 1988.

They have given us a governing majority in the House and Senate, and soon a governing majority on the Federal Bench.  We also have gains at the state level.

They have rejected the draft scare, the medi-scare, the choice scare, and evereything else the Demos tried to trick America with.

They have rejected the guy who trashed his fellow servicemen, who cursed out a secret service agent, and whose wife can't keep her mouth shut.

Now, the neocons get to finish in iraq (we've pushed into Fallujah I heard tonight), complete the grand project there, vindicate our mission and our philosophy, and secure our place in history as the new soul of American foreign policy.  The troops will come home with a victory, and their friends will not have dies for nothing.

And all this feels good, but its not the best part.

The best aprt is that Al Franken, Michael Moore, and George Soros who hated this President so much, who lied so frivolously, and went to unprecedented lengths to destroy the commander in chief in wartime (memogate anyone?) have failed.  They hate Bush, and the fact that they will have to stumble about for the next four years knowing that America has re-elected George Bush not out of naivite or ignorance but with full knowledge of who and what he is and believes will crush their spirit.  They will never beat George W. Bush.  They had their shot, and he will now be able to go around for the rest of his life strutting his Texas strut and he gets immortal bragging rights.  They will never get to beat him.  Ever.  That's the best part.

I don't know if I could have withstood the Moore's and the Soros's getting the bragging rights.  Kerry would have been a piss poor President, but it would have only been one term.  The real kick in the nads would have been Michael Moore and his like winning and getting to rub our noses in it forever.  Now, they will never get to do that.

God bless the American people, they certainly deserve it tonight.
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 01:57:11 AM »

John,

Don't say anything...the Democrats haven't started their inevitable "post-election" campaign via the Legal System. Lawsuits will be filed challening results in Ohio, Iowa, New Mexico and perhaps Nevada if Bush manages to carry that.

Kerry will probably NOT concede until a recount is done in Ohio a week from now.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 02:31:33 AM »

John, I wish I were as sanguine as you are about our eventual success in Iraq after all the mistakes that were made that should never have been made.  Unfortunately, I can't see that.  It looks like we've managed to get our own version of the Israeli experience in Lebanon and you know how that turned out in the end.  In four years it should be clear whether Bush's efforts in Iraq have been a success or a failure, so history should be able to correctly judge his place in history.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 02:53:50 AM »

Thank God for this victory.  There were so many things that wre important this year.  The biggest just appeared this week.  The future supreme court is what this election will be remembered for.  Bush will now, with a loaded Senate, stock the court with conservatives to replace Stevens, Rehnquist, and O'Connor.

Oh, and Dave please get the prediction section running again so I can laugh at Collective Interest's prediction map. Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 03:13:07 AM »

Loaded Senate?  Even if all of the races that are still in doubt go for the GOP that only gets them 55 Senators which isn't enough to avoid the filibuster that will happen if Bush tries to appoint a hard right appointee.  Bush will have to nominate soft right justices with little to no paper trail for any vacancies that appear.  At most he might be able to appoint an existing hard conservative Justice tio replace Rehnquist as the Chief Justice.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 11:28:15 AM »

The best aprt is that Al Franken, Michael Moore, and George Soros who hated this President so much, who lied so frivolously, and went to unprecedented lengths to destroy the commander in chief in wartime (memogate anyone?) have failed.  They hate Bush, and the fact that they will have to stumble about for the next four years knowing that America has re-elected George Bush not out of naivite or ignorance but with full knowledge of who and what he is and believes will crush their spirit.  They will never beat George W. Bush.  They had their shot, and he will now be able to go around for the rest of his life strutting his Texas strut and he gets immortal bragging rights.  They will never get to beat him.  Ever.  That's the best part.

I don't know if I could have withstood the Moore's and the Soros's getting the bragging rights.  Kerry would have been a piss poor President, but it would have only been one term.  The real kick in the nads would have been Michael Moore and his like winning and getting to rub our noses in it forever.  Now, they will never get to do that.

Man, you hit the nail right on the head.  Seeing those people successful in their hateful campaign against a man who has done his best for America would probably have bothered me a lot more than seeing John Kerry as president.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 02:51:48 PM »

I'm still waiting for all those Hollywood liberals who said they'd leave the country to announce their plans......
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 03:26:35 PM »

I never said I wouldn't gloat.  So I wanted to take this opportunity to point out how good this feels.

The country has vindicated Bush.  They have vindicated the war in Iraq, the Patriot Act, the tax cuts, the traditional values.  We will win the popular vote majority that no one has gotten since 1988.

They have given us a governing majority in the House and Senate, and soon a governing majority on the Federal Bench.  We also have gains at the state level.

They have rejected the draft scare, the medi-scare, the choice scare, and evereything else the Demos tried to trick America with.

They have rejected the guy who trashed his fellow servicemen, who cursed out a secret service agent, and whose wife can't keep her mouth shut.

Now, the neocons get to finish in iraq (we've pushed into Fallujah I heard tonight), complete the grand project there, vindicate our mission and our philosophy, and secure our place in history as the new soul of American foreign policy.  The troops will come home with a victory, and their friends will not have dies for nothing.

We won't stop hating him.  I don't care if you win in 2008, 2012, or whatever, we won't go away.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 03:31:06 PM »

We won't stop hating him.  I don't care if you win in 2008, 2012, or whatever, we won't go away.

They won't go away, but they will become a national joke.  That's even better, because they will turn the Democratic Party and future Democratic nominees into part of that national joke.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 03:33:26 PM »

They won't go away, but they will become a national joke.  That's even better, because they will turn the Democratic Party and future Democratic nominees into part of that national joke.

The northeast should secede
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 03:42:36 PM »

But you'll never beat him, that's what matters.
khirkhib

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 03:45:01 PM »

What is  a ritten?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 03:46:38 PM »

Kerry got 61% in RI, 63% in MA, and 58% in NY.

I think it's best if 'we'* let 'them'** govern themselves.

-------------

*'We' will be defined as The "New England Triangle", containing MA, RI, CT (maybe) and NYC and LI.

**'Them' Are the NASCAR idiots who watch cars drive in circles and waste billions of dollars worth of gas every saturday and sunday, or whenever the hell they drive in circles.

I am ASHAMED to be part of the same country with the rednecks who re-elected this lying  because he 'keeps them safe'.

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

Call me an elitist.  Damn sure I am.  Nothing wrong with elitism.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 05:14:14 PM »

-------------

*'We' will be defined as The "New England Triangle", containing MA, RI, CT (maybe) and NYC and LI.

**'Them' Are the NASCAR idiots who watch cars drive in circles and waste billions of dollars worth of gas every saturday and sunday, or whenever the hell they drive in circles.

I am ASHAMED to be part of the same country with the rednecks who re-elected this lying f**ck because he 'keeps them safe'.

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

Your attitude is very sad.  You should listen to Sen. Kerry's speech.  There should really be no such bitterness this time - Pres. Bush won fair and square.

Although I am a northeasterner, I find the type of northeastern elitism you express to be repulsive.  We may dress better (at least some of us) than some people in other parts of the country, we may have better restaurants and our tastes may be more sophistocated, but that doesn't make us better or wiser than our fellow Americans.

My sense is that people in the heartland have a certain wisdom and understanding about bedrock American principles that many people around here lack, and we're too stuck up, snobby and elitist to recognize that the people in flyover country that we consider inferior may have something to teach us.  That attitude is really a shame.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 05:30:45 PM »

-------------

I am ASHAMED to be part of the same country with the rednecks who re-elected this lying f**ck because he 'keeps them safe'.

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

Call me an elitist.  Damn sure I am.  Nothing wrong with elitism.

Your attitude is very sad.  You should listen to Sen. Kerry's speech.  There should really be no such bitterness this time - Pres. Bush won fair and square.

Although I am a northeasterner, I find the type of northeastern elitism you express to be repulsive.  We may dress better (at least some of us) than some people in other parts of the country, we may have better restaurants and our tastes may be more sophistocated, but that doesn't make us better or wiser than our fellow Americans.

My sense is that people in the heartland have a certain wisdom and understanding about bedrock American principles that many people around here lack, and we're too stuck up, snobby and elitist to recognize that the people in flyover country that we consider inferior may have something to teach us.  That attitude is really a shame.

Speaking from part of flyover country, thanks Dazzleman!
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »

Anytime, buddy.  I hate to see that attitude, and it really gives the lie to the pretensions that people in this part of the country have about being tolerant and inclusive.  It's really quite embarrassing.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 12:23:32 AM »

So 2014 will be like 1814?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 12:31:53 AM »

Anytime, buddy.  I hate to see that attitude, and it really gives the lie to the pretensions that people in this part of the country have about being tolerant and inclusive.  It's really quite embarrassing.

Thanks again, especially since half of my ancestry comes from the northeast! There really is no one region that is 'more tolerant' than another, just different types of intolerance. For example, there are Hispanics here in NM that are more racist towards blacks than anything I've encountered in the south.

And a True Story: I was on good terms a few years back with a co-worker (since retired) who was a dyed-in-the-wool 'Chicano Socialist', anti-government Vietnam Veteran, definite Democrat, used to be the City Planner for Los Angeles some years back. And he told me 'no one is as racist as a white liberal'. But you know that already. Wink
James46
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 12:44:08 AM »

I am a Republican.  I have run on the Republican ticket.  I am not gloating (although I am thrilled with the GOP victories).  I am concerned.  What has happened to the Democratic Party?  If they do not get their act togather,  we may well have just seen the high water mark of a once great party.  They are no longer a national party, but a regional party.  Their best candidates do not want to run on their ticket.  And they no longer represent anyone but the lunatic left.  Come on, Democrats!  Get with the program!  You got creamed!!!!  The handwriting is on the wall.  Open up your minds or be prepared to become a permanent minority party that will eventually disappear.  Even though I am Republican, we need a strong TWO party system to remain a great nation.  Or is it that you don't care about this nation?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 12:58:05 AM »

Kerry lost by 3%.

The Democratic Party isn't going to die now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 01:53:37 AM »

-------------

I am a Massachusettonian/RhodeIslandan/GreaterNYArean.  They are Southerners.  I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.

Call me an elitist.  Damn sure I am.  Nothing wrong with elitism.

Join Canada. God knows we don't want you.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 02:36:47 AM »

I am so depressed I am going to go weep in the corner and slit my wrists with a rusty razorblade.

Wink

j/k

fb
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 03:49:54 AM »

-------------

I couldn't agree more Boss Tweed, and I'm from Missouri!  Let the economically productive and socially enlightened parts of the country free from those religious leeches in the South and 'heartland'.  (I hate that stupid term 'heartland'.)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 04:02:13 AM »

I totally agree.  The electoral college system is an albatross around the neck of this country that gives disproportionate representation to rural, backward, sparsely populated states like Wyoming and Utah.  They are overrun with religious fundamentalists who are ruthless in promoting their version of morality.  What scares me more than anything else in the world is people who are absolutely certain that they are right, without question, unswervingly convinced of their own morality.

fb
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2004, 04:37:06 AM »

I totally agree.  The electoral college system is an albatross around the neck of this country that gives disproportionate representation to rural, backward, sparsely populated states like Wyoming and Utah.  They are overrun with religious fundamentalists who are ruthless in promoting their version of morality.  What scares me more than anything else in the world is people who are absolutely certain that they are right, without question, unswervingly convinced of their own morality.

fb

The real problem with these people is they think they know what is right for *other people*, and they concern themselves with other's private business.  They should expect to be hated for that.

There was a very good reason the Romans fed these cultists to the lions.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies