Any lawsuits against me
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:14:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Any lawsuits against me
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any lawsuits against me  (Read 1103 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:04:26 PM »

I've heard people plan to file them, so, I better make clear the events that transpired and anything that will come out.

My actions in the time leading up to "the incident".

I posted absentee ballot due to meeker seemingly being unavailable. I only found out later that meeker was not going to be around for the official election itself. While I had prepared for this eventuality, I had purposfully decided to not prepare too much as doing so would mean, psychologically, that I had locked myself into doing it.

When I did find out, I set out to get basic information. Meeker's thread had election dates and I used that without consulting with the constitution. This is the main source of error that I committed and it is from this error that all others followed. This, my presumption is, will be the key to any court case, and if I understand the law right, this will cost me my job.

I am willing to accept that if it, in turn, makes the votes cast valid.

One person's voluntary non-paid job in a fantasy government is a very small price to pay to ensure that an election, ANY election, "real" or not, is done fairly and validly. I've said before I consider Democracy to be more important than Freedom, and thus is the basis of my above belief. To me, there is nothing more important that voting. I feel guilty for mucking it up, psychologically.

I opened the booth at a time I thought was 4 hours too late.

After others shared their thoughts, I then thought that I had in fact opened it 20 hours too early.

After researching the law, I found out I had opened it on time, but, had it set to end 20 hours too late.

Re-read the above three lines again. This is the key to the "confusion" surrounding this incident.

Due to the confusion, voters only had about 5 to 7 hours notice that the booth would close "20 hours early"

This confusion was added to by the fact that the time I had listed, as closing time, was unconstitutional. This therefore will be the basis for any court claim against me, and it relates above to my error in not actually reading the law until that point in time; 5 to 7 hours until the booth 'closed'.

I wish to clear all of this up to prevent confusion, and to let everyone know that I will not take any lawsuit against me personally. Nor will I be "changing my story". The above is what happened and the above is what I will report to the court.

Thank you

~Teddy
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:09:30 PM »

tl;dr
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »

Goodness, I guess going abroad with limited internet access during an election was a bad idea.

I will leave this to the DoFA and courts to clarify.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »

Drama.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies