The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:26:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The futur of the dem party must be Edwards or H Clinton? (to win next election)
Edwards (I'm D)

Hillary Clinton (I'm D)

Edwards (I'm R)

Hillary Clinton (I'm R)

Edwards (I'm other)

Hillary Clinton (I'm other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary?  (Read 37914 times)
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« on: November 03, 2004, 03:13:40 PM »

Your characterization of Edwards as somehow the new, more conservative Democrat (and Hillary as somehow the outmoded liberal) is way off base.

What does Edwards' platitudes about the working man have to do with winning an election?

THE DEMOCRATS HAVE YET TO WIN AN ELECTION WITH A POST-VIETNAM FOREIGN POLICY WIMP!!

The fact that they tried to do it in the first post 9/11 election was proof that they are massively out of touch with the American people on the issues of war, peace, and patriotism.

The Democrats don't have the good sense anymore to identify a decent conservative in their midst. The party has removed itself completely from it's twentieth century foundation of the true liberal foreign policy (as in, "liberating" oppressed peoples from despotic enemies) set down by Wilson, FDR, Truman, Kennedy, Henry Jackson, and Ronald Reagan (before he jumped parties).

When the Democrats (or the Republicans) get a candidate who, like George Bush, is clear-eyed about the need to "pay any price, bear any burden" to defend freedom and our freedom-loving allies in the world (and to act all alone if we must), but who represents more moderate approaches with regard to tax incentives, the environment and social issues, that person will rack up the kind of EV victories that you saw under Clinton.

Joe had the policies, but unfortunately, not the charisma. But he would have been a great President.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies