The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:56:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The futur of the dem party must be Edwards or H Clinton? (to win next election)
Edwards (I'm D)

Hillary Clinton (I'm D)

Edwards (I'm R)

Hillary Clinton (I'm R)

Edwards (I'm other)

Hillary Clinton (I'm other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: The futur of the dem party: Edwards or Hillary?  (Read 37872 times)
Umengus
Belgium

« on: November 03, 2004, 05:07:54 AM »

ok Bush won and the defeat of Kerry is, for me,  the defeat of the "liberals" ideas. Hence, I think (and I always thought) that the futur of the dem party must be John Edwards. In others words, the future must be the working & conservative class (WV, Ohio,...) rather than the rich people who give New York but not the congress, the senate and the white house.

In all of case, a change in the direction of this party must be done

What do you think?
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:18:22 AM »

Hillary won't let Edwards invade her turf.

It's her party for the taking.  She "controls" the money in the Dem Party and the power.

If it's the case, I think that the dem party will lose the next election.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 07:14:25 AM »

ok Bush won and the defeat of Kerry is, for me,  the defeat of the "liberals" ideas. Hence, I think (and I always thought) that the futur of the dem party must be John Edwards. In others words, the future must be the working & conservative class (WV, Ohio,...) rather than the rich people who give New York but not the congress, the senate and the white house.

In all of case, a change in the direction of this party must be done

What do you think?

Some guy on ABC, I don't know if he was a party official or a reporter, said the Democrats did so poorly because they weren't liberal enough (which I think is a big mistake).  George Stephanopoulis predicted a civil war inside the party between moderates and liberals.

Kerry was not enough liberal? lol but the problem is maybe "what's a liberal?". The problem in the dem party is that moderates and liberals have the same opinion about economy. The difference between them is values.

But I think that Hillary Clinton will seem as the party saver and hence, I'm not sure that there will be a civil war between moderates and liberals (behalve of course if John Edwards wants the post but a ticket Edwards-Clinton seems a good consensus).
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 07:43:29 AM »

I hereby endorse Al Gore for Presidential Candidate 2008.

I hereby Endorse Kerry/Gore '08. He's a good VP Wink

Seriously though, anyone think Kerry'll be back?
No he won't.

Edwards problem is that he hasn't an any public position. Lawyer Edwards to the White House! Doesn't make sense.

anti-establishment candidate... I don't think that it will hurt him. And he stays the "VP candidate".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies