WA: Rasmussen: Sen. Murray (D) now down by 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:53:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA: Rasmussen: Sen. Murray (D) now down by 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Rasmussen: Sen. Murray (D) now down by 3  (Read 1551 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »

New Poll: Washington Senator by Rasmussen on 2010-07-14

Summary: D: 45%, R: 48%, I: 3%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:11 AM »

A visit from Obama wouldn't go a miss...
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »

Question for our Washingtonians,

Why is Murray so vunurable? I mean, this is an anti-Democratic year, but, she really should be in a beter position then she is. What gives?
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »

Didier and Rossi polling the same?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

She maintains a low profile in the senate, although she votes the liberal line she has angered many on the left on her votes on the funding of troops in both Afghanistan and the war in Iraq.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:15:05 PM »

She maintains a low profile in the senate, although she votes the liberal line she has angered many on the left on her votes on the funding of troops in both Afghanistan and the war in Iraq.

So people are turning to the Republicans?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »

I dont have Wa as a top tier pickup opportunity, but it is getting cloe. The independents are looking for alternatives.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »

Question for our Washingtonians,

Why is Murray so vunurable? I mean, this is an anti-Democratic year, but, she really should be in a beter position then she is. What gives?

Patty Murray stomps on children: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37K5Q3yTlH0&feature=player_embedded
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »

Oh Scott. You're so silly.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »

Hey, if this makes Republicans think Didier actually has a chance, I say "Go Scott, go!"
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:23:06 PM »

Hey, if this makes Republicans think Didier actually has a chance, I say "Go Scott, go!"

True. This is not the time for conservatives to compromise their principles. People disregard Rasmussen at their peril.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »

Washington flipped to Republican in 1994. Hard.

It's definitely the kind of state that's wave sensitive. If a Republican is going to be ahead in polling in Wisconsin and California, they'd almost have to be ahead in Washington, too.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

I love how the liberals try to rationalize Rasmussen's polls.  Earlier this week it was, "Hey, look, Scott is changing his likely voters screen to make it more accurate in time for the general!"  Now it's back to "lol Rasmussen".

I never said that. Just because one Democratic poster expresses an opinion doesn't mean we all share it. We aren't some sort of alien hive with one mind.

As for the race, I'm willing to conceded that it's competitive and close right now. I don't think Rossi's ahead though. If more polls come out contradicting that then I'll be willing to change my mind.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:15 PM »

It's do or die for Dino Rossi.
He definitely needs to maximize turnout in Western and Central Washington in order to do this.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 04:14:13 AM »

I love how the liberals try to rationalize Rasmussen's polls.  Earlier this week it was, "Hey, look, Scott is changing his likely voters screen to make it more accurate in time for the general!"  Now it's back to "lol Rasmussen".

I never said that. Just because one Democratic poster expresses an opinion doesn't mean we all share it. We aren't some sort of alien hive with one mind.

As for the race, I'm willing to conceded that it's competitive and close right now. I don't think Rossi's ahead though. If more polls come out contradicting that then I'll be willing to change my mind.

Quiet, you delusional liberal!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2010, 06:40:28 PM by bgwah »

Washington flipped to Republican in 1994. Hard.

I don't completely disagree, but it's important to remember that a combination of an open seat + several freshmen Democrats might make it look a bit more "hard" than it really was. Cantwell (her seat was won by a Republican in 1990), Krielder (his district was new in 1992), and Inslee (his seat was won by a Republican in 1990) were all freshmen. Swift retired.

Additionally, Eastern Washington moved to the Republican Party for good during the 1990s, and the fact that the Democrats had both seats in the East after 1992 was impressive, but also kind of an anomaly. Tom Foley losing was certainly upset for obvious reasons (and Unsoeld to a lesser extent, though I don't fully understand SW WA's bizarre voting patterns), though I really don't know how Jay Inslee ever got elected in the 4th district (the district voted 71% R in 1990, 51% D in 1992, and then 53% R in 1994, and now is reliably >60% R). Are there any Democratic districts that I think will trend Republican permanently like Eastern Washington did? Not really--the seat here Republicans will probably gain (the 3rd) already has a slight Republican lean and is open. I will be very surprised if such a seat doesn't fall in a wave election.

Of course we're talking about a Senate seat here, and of course the Senate seat up in 1994 was an incumbent Republican so it's a more difficult comparison, but I suspect your "hard" comment was inspired by the House seats, hence my reply.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies