A (Rhetorical Question) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:16:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  A (Rhetorical Question) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A (Rhetorical Question)  (Read 16016 times)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« on: July 25, 2010, 12:27:35 AM »

Eliminating medical licenses is most probably the worst idea that I have ever heard.

There's nothing wrong with being board-certified, I just think that that shouldn't be required in order to sell medical services.

Haha, this speaks for itself.

So long as you say up front that you are not board-certified, what is the problem?

There are plenty of stupid, or oblivious people, that's why.

Bunch of dumb asshole ideas, period.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:58:18 AM »

So you trust these supposed "stupid" people to vote for good politicians to manage your health care, but not to exercise clear judgement themselves about which doctor to use? Other than that, your "argument" is entirely ad hominem attacks. Please explain why a totalitarian corporatist health care system would be preferable to a free market in health care?

It's very simple; without a medical license you aren't "a doctor". At the very least, it stops or curtails these snake oil salesman from doing more harm.

I don't trust anyone to vote for 'good' candidates, so it's beside the point. Politicians no more manage healthcare, then they manage my personal finances.

I'm not playing along to this silly dichotomy of "totalitarian corporatist health care" versus "the free market". Find someone that'll take that argument seriously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies