I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:43:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49502 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010, 01:26:56 PM »

I know he's gonna quit his current job before making sure.....I know it.  Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »

I have the same feeling, gramps.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

Kidding, but that is very rare for States and Opie to agree with each other.

Yeah so please take it seriously.

Seriously, man, I live in a constant state of fear of poverty (and by that I mean including death by poverty), and I've got money in the family. 

So I just want to stress, please be cautious and take things seriously.  The world is a very terrible and awful place, and you are incredibly lucky to have a subsistence job at the Gas Company.  You're not just playing around with a little mishap, you're playing around with a painful, miserable death, as is any american who becomes unemployed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 03:52:56 PM »

All opebo doomsday speak aside, he's right. The worst thing that could happen to you is that you leave OK Natty Gas for this company and it turns out to be a scam. Combine that with the fact that you have a wedding, honeymoon and then a wife who doesn't work to support on top of that, things could turn ugly fast.

If this is what you want, meaning, to move to work for ON-Company, at least wait until you are fully hired, have your first paycheck, etc, before you decide to leave OK Natty. The fact that they didn't even interview you is a huge red flag to me. It's also kind of puzzling that they are hiring you as an assistant manager to work from thousands of miles away. How can you manage anything in that manner?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

I got some more clarification today on the "assistant manager".  That title is given because they are looking to expand into the States and open more offices in this area, and they will eventually put other employees under me.  I can still move to Phoenix real easily, but they want to expand into the country.  I do have a voice to put with the online communication now, so that's a step in the right direction.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »

Do you listen to anything people say???
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

Do you have any interest in buying the Menai Suspension Bridge?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »

Le sigh.  I tried....

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »

Ugh... from the looks of it, BushOK has already quit his job at OK Natty Gas...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Compulsiveness and gullibility are a lethal combination when it comes to being scammed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

My friends and family are comfortable with this switch.  Yes, it is a big risk, but as I've said before, sometimes you just have to step out in faith.  I'm growing increasingly confident in this company.  They've been in business over 10 years and it's absolutely impossible to be in business that long and conduct illegal business.  The government would have found them out and shut them down for now.  Also, they gave me their registration information with the Australian Government and I have checked them out on their version of the Better Business Bureau as well as America's BBB and have found no complaints.  I do indepth research before I make a decision, especially one as big as this, and that my mother can verify.  Sometimes I do make mistakes, but I always do extensive research on my decisions before I jump in with both feet.

Duke, you are correct, my last day at ONG is tomorrow, but I'm not worried at all.  I'll get started with my first training day on Monday and will get paid at the end of the first week of August.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »

Yeah, I thought he had to do the depositing, not them.  Regardless, the other concerns are enough.  This thread is such a disappointment.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »

Bushie, are the issues others are pointing out concerning to you? Even a little?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

Since it's too late to talk you out of this, how about a job description? Or have they given you that yet?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »

They've been in business over 10 years and it's absolutely impossible to be in business that long and conduct illegal business. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicilian_Mafia
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2010, 12:59:48 AM »

Since it's too late to talk you out of this, how about a job description? Or have they given you that yet?

Here is the job description:

This is the job description:
The position is home-based and your duties will include the following areas:
- maintaining business correspondence with customers of the company, replying on time and managing it,
-working out internal reports and classifying fiscal information (all stages of the process: from data collection to its organization),
-processing direct payments from the customers to programmers, working for our company (paper formalities),
- starting a new branch office (your assistance in looking for a proper office space and solving possible administrative issues).
- helping the company design and maintain websites on occasion.

To carry out your work you will be admitted to the corporate banking account as soon as you start working for us.

Memphis,

I hear what everybody else is saying and I had the same concerns at first, but as I've researched this company over and under, forward and backward, inside and out, I've grown more and more confident in not only their legitimacy, but their stability.  This is not a fly-by-night gig.  My mother and dad are also on board with this decision.  It took a while to convince them, but they are on board.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2010, 01:31:05 AM »

BushOk, I wish you the best on your new endeavor and I hope my suspicions are very, very wrong.

However, get elaboration on what below entails:

processing direct payments from the customers to programmers, working for our company (paper formalities),

To carry out your work you will be admitted to the corporate banking account as soon as you start working for us.

There is a scheme to establish a front company, offer someone a job and then use said person for wire and banking fraud.   Maybe I'm paranoid but wouldnt want to see you facing Federal wire fraud or passing bad check charges.   Hell its even alluded to a craiglist:# 7 http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

There is really NO LEGITIMATE REASON that a company would not be able to handle their own corporate accounts payable and receiving on a Global level from Australia.  My previous companies HQ was in London and handled all payment/receiving and annoyingly even payroll for over 100 countries. 

Also re: Contract-  for something this important have it looked at by a lawyer. 

P.S.- I hope I'm not coming off like a jerk.  This could very well be your dream job- just want to make sure all bases are covered.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 01:45:59 AM »

This does not pass the smell test.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 05:36:34 AM »

Stupidity needs to be punished, I suppose. I won't have much sympathy when the Truth comes out....but you just go ahead and let God lead the way!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »

P.T. Barnum was spot on.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2010, 08:15:22 AM »

As far as I'm concerned, the real clincher here is they finding you. That doesn't happen. A company doesn't randomly find some dude in another country with no previous experience in the particular field and give them a dream-job.

People do get dream jobs they're not qualified for (I know of cases similar to this one) but in those cases it always happens EITHER from personal contacts OR through the person himself seeking out the company.

If the business is legitimate, this way of conducting business is sufficiently unprofessional that they're unlikely to survive. Tongue

At the very, very least you should take some pre-caution in emptying the account you give them any kind of information on. Also, if they're good at this they might give you a little bit of money early on to instill confidence. If you're smart, don't get fooled by that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 08:20:02 AM »

Does anyone but me smell money laundering?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

I think I smell the same thing, Gramps. It smells rank for sure.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2010, 11:05:01 AM »

I often wondered how people could possibly fall for Nigerian scams. Now I see how.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

He has to be kidding us.

How can it be that a poor person exists who does not fear the pains of death by starvation?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies