I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49111 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2010, 09:25:47 PM by Stars & Stripes Forever »

For a while now, I have been corresponding with a website design and development firm who saw my resume' on Career Builder about an opening for an Assistant Manager position.  The headquarters for this company is actually in Auckland, New Zealand, but this would be a work from home position basically being the liason between the Company and their clients all over the world.  It would offer much higher pay and pretty darn good benefits, including health and disability, vacation pay, sick pay, social security, and even workman's compensation, as well.  Right now, at Oklahoma Natural Gas, I am pulling in a measley $26,000 a year which may increase to $27,500 in 2011, but with this new company, I would be pulling in $54,000 a year, which is $4500 a month payable semi-monthly.  The hours would even be much, much better as well such as 9 am - 3 pm Monday-Friday.  They have already told me they want me and I'm now waiting on them to answer my specific questions.  They have already sent me the contract which I need to print out, sign, scan, and send back to them in an e-mail along with my ID.  They way it's looking now, I could be starting no later than September 1, which is only 6 weeks from this Wednesday.

This would be a huge blessing, because I would be able to pay down my credit card, buy my bride's dress, and pretty much pay for this entire wedding, which should be under $5,000 all together including honeymoon.  This would also make it much easier to transfer to Arizona, since I would be working from home.

I went to school for an E-Commerce degree and about halfway through the program, I realized this would probably be a work-from-home type field as opposed to the traditional office setting.  This sure would cut down on gasoline and wear and tear on the car as my only trips during work hours would be maybe to the bank and to a Western Union.

It does have specific hours that I do have to work because I have to keep within the bank's hours and the WU hours.

This is a legitimate company with a legit website.  I looked on their site and saw a number of their clients.  This is a salary position, not a per diem or a pay-per-performance compensation structure like most other home-based businesses which are mostly scams.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »

Above the countless other questions that I won't even bother with, why would you choose to transfer to Arizona if you could work anywhere?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »

If you got that job, we'd make the same amount of moniez!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »

Why would the bank's hours be in the middle of the night? New Zealand time is very different than ours.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:03:37 AM »

Why would the bank's hours be in the middle of the night? New Zealand time is very different than ours.

Presumably he means the bank he has an account at.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »

How are you getting married on that salary?  Is Oklahoma really much cheaper?  I make way more and it's a bitch to pay for things where I live.  I know some guys from Tinker AFB who make a few dollars less than me who were buying 4 BR homes. 

That said, I'd be careful of such firms.  I've had my resume on CB and Monster and got a lot of crap that was not Accounting related and looked like a scam.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »

No, no, no.  If you are a poor, and you have a job at the Electric Company, you stay there, and say 'yes sir' and 'no sir, and just batten down the hatches and wait.  It will all be over soon enough.  No need to rush it by getting conned up the a**s by some Kiwi b******s and ending up living under a bridge.

Seriously, I know poors who work at the Power Company (true they're from the previous unionized generations so they made $70,000/year, but still), and they survived.  Every one of them - and they will get to die in hospitals with medical treatments.  Yes, Public Utilities are not government jobs, but they're the next best thing.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

How will this affect Arizona?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »

Congratulations!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »

This time of year it wouldn't be that bad. M-F 9am-3pm New Zealand time is Su-Th 3pm-9pm Mountain time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 07:16:11 PM »

I'm kind of concerned, though, if this is indeed a 9-3 M-F job that I would have to give up my current job for a job that may fall flat on it's face, and then I'd be up a creek without a paddle.

My dad gave me a good perspective today.  It's a bird in the hand thing.  I may not be making a whole lot right now, but I should get a raise come January 1 about $0.75 an hour more, which would be $1,500 a year.  Plus, before this new job came around, I was already planning to provide for two people on $26-28K of my own salary.  Hopefully, we'll be able to keep her disability which would give me $4,800 extra a year, so together, i would bring home about $2,000 a month with her $400.  My mother and dad said it is possible to support two people with just $30,000ish.  Really, it wouldn't be too much more than what I'm doing now with one person, and a heck of a lot better than what her mom would be up against.  $1,200 for two people.

If there was a way I could work on this in the evenings to try it out so I didn't have to give up the security of my day job, I would probably do that.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 08:26:17 PM »

Will Christmas still be your main focus?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »

Just IMO, but this new job seems too good to be true.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 03:59:40 AM »

Just IMO, but this new job seems too good to be true.

Actually to my way of thinking I find his Gas Company job better than I would have thought possible for a poor in the Middle West.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »

The HR rep I've been talking to answered some more of my questions today and it turns out they're based in Adelaide, Australia, not Auckland, New Zealand.  Hmmm, I wonder if Smid or any other of our friends down under might know this company "ON-company" with the URL www.on-company.com.  One of the questions she answered is that I wouldn't leave ONG until after training which would give me a chance to "test" this company out and see if they will actually deposit the $1,800 for training in my account (minus taxes, of course).  They said there would be no out-of-pocket expenses on my part and that they would take care of all taxes and expenses.  I replied back asking her how it would work with me working at ONG and with her company simultaneously.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »

Why would this Company PAY all that? Think about whether it makes sense. Nothing against you....but why are you worth this much to them?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:25 PM »

You have to pay them to train you?  SCAM
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:37 AM »

Where did he say that?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 04:15:17 AM »

Hopefully, we'll be able to keep her disability which would give me $4,800 extra a year, so together, i would bring home about $2,000 a month with her $400. 

Wait, your soon to be is on disability? Why? Are you sure that's something you want to jump in and commit your life to?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »

No, I don't have to pay a dime.  They will pay me.  I can work at the gas company and train at the same time for 2 weeks and then I will put in my two weeks notice at ONG and transition to ON-Company.

My parents are warming to this idea, as well, and my Dad said sometimes you just have to step out on faith and let the Lord take care of you.  This is a big leap, but I've been getting increasingly unhappy with ONG over the last few months and my bank account is struggling.

States, yes my fiancee' is on disability for a medical condition, and that's why I am going to try this new job because $54,000 will go a lot further than $30,800 which is what I would make with her $400 a month.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

No, I don't have to pay a dime.  They will pay me.  I can work at the gas company and train at the same time for 2 weeks and then I will put in my two weeks notice at ONG and transition to ON-Company.

My parents are warming to this idea, as well, and my Dad said sometimes you just have to step out on faith and let the Lord take care of you.  This is a big leap, but I've been getting increasingly unhappy with ONG over the last few months and my bank account is struggling.

States, yes my fiancee' is on disability for a medical condition, and that's why I am going to try this new job because $54,000 will go a lot further than $30,800 which is what I would make with her $400 a month.

It sounds admirable why you'd do this.  I don't know how you'd be able to get married on that money you and her are currently making.  However, I'd like to see a months, if not a few months pay before you give 2 weeks notice.  Or get a 2nd job.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »

I'm so glad Okie's soon to be gets disability for a "medical condition" and yet my mom is not considered disabled.  She just doesn't have use of the left side of her body because she chose not to, apparently.

I get really bitter towards people that get disability unless they're really actually disabled.  Is your wife unable to work at all?  Or is she more unwilling + qualifies for disability?

I hope she doesn't vote Republican.  Her disability is nothing but laziness in their eyes!  So I hope lip service on banning abortion and keeping the sissy boys from marrying is worth it when they cut her disability payments so we can afford another tax cut to the rich!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

I'm so glad Okie's soon to be gets disability for a "medical condition" and yet my mom is not considered disabled.  She just doesn't have use of the left side of her body because she chose not to, apparently.

I get really bitter towards people that get disability unless they're really actually disabled.  Is your wife unable to work at all?  Or is she more unwilling + qualifies for disability?

I hope she doesn't vote Republican.  Her disability is nothing but laziness in their eyes!  So I hope lip service on banning abortion and keeping the sissy boys from marrying is worth it when they cut her disability payments so we can afford another tax cut to the rich!

She actually receives SSI and is unable to be gainfully employed.  I think she would love to work, but with her condition, she'd be more of a liability than an asset.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

It sounds admirable why you'd do this.  I don't know how you'd be able to get married on that money you and her are currently making.  However, I'd like to see a months, if not a few months pay before you give 2 weeks notice.  Or get a 2nd job.

We could have made it on that income, it would have been tough, but it could have been done, but this will make things easier.  Now, it won't solve all problems, but it will definitely help.

I would like to have at least a month to work at both places, but that's just not possible.  Instead, I'll have a couple weeks to train and work at the same time.  The way it's looking, I have at most one more month at ONG.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »

Is there a guarantee that company will be around down the road if it is legit? You aren't making much now, but you may not be making anything in a few months. I'm sure Oklahoma NG is more stable than whatever company you're looking at now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies