I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:14:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49713 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2010, 09:25:47 PM by Stars & Stripes Forever »

For a while now, I have been corresponding with a website design and development firm who saw my resume' on Career Builder about an opening for an Assistant Manager position.  The headquarters for this company is actually in Auckland, New Zealand, but this would be a work from home position basically being the liason between the Company and their clients all over the world.  It would offer much higher pay and pretty darn good benefits, including health and disability, vacation pay, sick pay, social security, and even workman's compensation, as well.  Right now, at Oklahoma Natural Gas, I am pulling in a measley $26,000 a year which may increase to $27,500 in 2011, but with this new company, I would be pulling in $54,000 a year, which is $4500 a month payable semi-monthly.  The hours would even be much, much better as well such as 9 am - 3 pm Monday-Friday.  They have already told me they want me and I'm now waiting on them to answer my specific questions.  They have already sent me the contract which I need to print out, sign, scan, and send back to them in an e-mail along with my ID.  They way it's looking now, I could be starting no later than September 1, which is only 6 weeks from this Wednesday.

This would be a huge blessing, because I would be able to pay down my credit card, buy my bride's dress, and pretty much pay for this entire wedding, which should be under $5,000 all together including honeymoon.  This would also make it much easier to transfer to Arizona, since I would be working from home.

I went to school for an E-Commerce degree and about halfway through the program, I realized this would probably be a work-from-home type field as opposed to the traditional office setting.  This sure would cut down on gasoline and wear and tear on the car as my only trips during work hours would be maybe to the bank and to a Western Union.

It does have specific hours that I do have to work because I have to keep within the bank's hours and the WU hours.

This is a legitimate company with a legit website.  I looked on their site and saw a number of their clients.  This is a salary position, not a per diem or a pay-per-performance compensation structure like most other home-based businesses which are mostly scams.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:16:11 PM »

I'm kind of concerned, though, if this is indeed a 9-3 M-F job that I would have to give up my current job for a job that may fall flat on it's face, and then I'd be up a creek without a paddle.

My dad gave me a good perspective today.  It's a bird in the hand thing.  I may not be making a whole lot right now, but I should get a raise come January 1 about $0.75 an hour more, which would be $1,500 a year.  Plus, before this new job came around, I was already planning to provide for two people on $26-28K of my own salary.  Hopefully, we'll be able to keep her disability which would give me $4,800 extra a year, so together, i would bring home about $2,000 a month with her $400.  My mother and dad said it is possible to support two people with just $30,000ish.  Really, it wouldn't be too much more than what I'm doing now with one person, and a heck of a lot better than what her mom would be up against.  $1,200 for two people.

If there was a way I could work on this in the evenings to try it out so I didn't have to give up the security of my day job, I would probably do that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »

The HR rep I've been talking to answered some more of my questions today and it turns out they're based in Adelaide, Australia, not Auckland, New Zealand.  Hmmm, I wonder if Smid or any other of our friends down under might know this company "ON-company" with the URL www.on-company.com.  One of the questions she answered is that I wouldn't leave ONG until after training which would give me a chance to "test" this company out and see if they will actually deposit the $1,800 for training in my account (minus taxes, of course).  They said there would be no out-of-pocket expenses on my part and that they would take care of all taxes and expenses.  I replied back asking her how it would work with me working at ONG and with her company simultaneously.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »

You have to pay them to train you?  SCAM

No, I don't have to pay a dime.  They will pay me.  I can work at the gas company and train at the same time for 2 weeks and then I will put in my two weeks notice at ONG and transition to ON-Company.

My parents are warming to this idea, as well, and my Dad said sometimes you just have to step out on faith and let the Lord take care of you.  This is a big leap, but I've been getting increasingly unhappy with ONG over the last few months and my bank account is struggling.

States, yes my fiancee' is on disability for a medical condition, and that's why I am going to try this new job because $54,000 will go a lot further than $30,800 which is what I would make with her $400 a month.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

I'm so glad Okie's soon to be gets disability for a "medical condition" and yet my mom is not considered disabled.  She just doesn't have use of the left side of her body because she chose not to, apparently.

I get really bitter towards people that get disability unless they're really actually disabled.  Is your wife unable to work at all?  Or is she more unwilling + qualifies for disability?

I hope she doesn't vote Republican.  Her disability is nothing but laziness in their eyes!  So I hope lip service on banning abortion and keeping the sissy boys from marrying is worth it when they cut her disability payments so we can afford another tax cut to the rich!

She actually receives SSI and is unable to be gainfully employed.  I think she would love to work, but with her condition, she'd be more of a liability than an asset.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »

You have to pay them to train you?  SCAM

No, I don't have to pay a dime.  They will pay me.  I can work at the gas company and train at the same time for 2 weeks and then I will put in my two weeks notice at ONG and transition to ON-Company.

My parents are warming to this idea, as well, and my Dad said sometimes you just have to step out on faith and let the Lord take care of you.  This is a big leap, but I've been getting increasingly unhappy with ONG over the last few months and my bank account is struggling.

States, yes my fiancee' is on disability for a medical condition, and that's why I am going to try this new job because $54,000 will go a lot further than $30,800 which is what I would make with her $400 a month.

It sounds admirable why you'd do this.  I don't know how you'd be able to get married on that money you and her are currently making.  However, I'd like to see a months, if not a few months pay before you give 2 weeks notice.  Or get a 2nd job.

We could have made it on that income, it would have been tough, but it could have been done, but this will make things easier.  Now, it won't solve all problems, but it will definitely help.

I would like to have at least a month to work at both places, but that's just not possible.  Instead, I'll have a couple weeks to train and work at the same time.  The way it's looking, I have at most one more month at ONG.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 10:33:19 PM »

Is there a guarantee that company will be around down the road if it is legit? You aren't making much now, but you may not be making anything in a few months. I'm sure Oklahoma NG is more stable than whatever company you're looking at now.

Well, they've been in business for over 10 years and are in the ever-growing industry of web-design.  I've no doubt that this company will be here for the long-term.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »

Why would this Company PAY all that? Think about whether it makes sense. Nothing against you....but why are you worth this much to them?

Sorry for not answering this, but they are paying the industry norm.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »

I'm so glad Okie's soon to be gets disability for a "medical condition" and yet my mom is not considered disabled.  She just doesn't have use of the left side of her body because she chose not to, apparently.

I get really bitter towards people that get disability unless they're really actually disabled.  Is your wife unable to work at all?  Or is she more unwilling + qualifies for disability?

I hope she doesn't vote Republican.  Her disability is nothing but laziness in their eyes!  So I hope lip service on banning abortion and keeping the sissy boys from marrying is worth it when they cut her disability payments so we can afford another tax cut to the rich!

She actually receives SSI and is unable to be gainfully employed.  I think she would love to work, but with her condition, she'd be more of a liability than an asset.

Well, I didn't mean to sound so acerbic.  If your fiancee has a disability, then I'm sorry about that.  But I'm sure you get frustrated when the people who need help are denied it and you see abuse all over the place.

And the only people who wish to actually fix this only wish to cut everybody off.. so there's no real solution.

Well, hopefully your soon to be will at least find some good hobbies that help her forget about her disability for a while.

That is disturbing.  To your question about how she votes, she does vote Republican, because she's afraid of the Democrats doing exactly what you mention the Republicans would want to do.  She is afraid Obama wants to get rid of Social Security assistance for retirees and the disabled.  She doesn't mind me being a Democrat and an Obama voter, but she herself will never be one.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »

Might want to keep that in mind before you plunge into matrimony, big boy.

To me, she more of an asset than a liability, but companies may see her differently.  However, she is an artist and possibly may go into business selling her artwork which would help supplement our income and give her spending money, basically.  While my wife may not be "working", she may be an entrepreneur.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why on earth does she believe that nonsense?  When you say 'disabled' do you mean mentally?
[/quote]

I don't know, I think she's just been "Oklahomanized" which in the context of politics is not necessarily a good thing.

I'm not going to disclose her condition, but suffice it to say it is significant enough for SSI, but still leave her nearly normal.  She is extremely intelligent and very knowledgeable for a 25-year-old woman who has never lived away from her mother.  She really will help offset my personality.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »

Go wash your mouth out with soap. Tongue

Kidding, but that is very rare for States and Opie to agree with each other.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 05:40:44 PM »

Are you sure it will end?  I mean, the Update thread is alive and well after more than six months since creation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »

My parents are on board with this job and so is my bride-to-be.  I have the ball rolling and this company has already put in their intranet to increase safety of communication.  My training will begin most likely on Monday, July 26.  My first paycheck should come in the second week of August at the end of the training.  I'm growing increasingly more confident with this company that it is what it says it is.  They've been extremely prompt in returning my e-mails.  If I e-mail them in the evening, they respond by 10:30 the next morning and if I e-mail during the day, they will respond within an hour, usually in under half an hour.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

I got some more clarification today on the "assistant manager".  That title is given because they are looking to expand into the States and open more offices in this area, and they will eventually put other employees under me.  I can still move to Phoenix real easily, but they want to expand into the country.  I do have a voice to put with the online communication now, so that's a step in the right direction.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

My friends and family are comfortable with this switch.  Yes, it is a big risk, but as I've said before, sometimes you just have to step out in faith.  I'm growing increasingly confident in this company.  They've been in business over 10 years and it's absolutely impossible to be in business that long and conduct illegal business.  The government would have found them out and shut them down for now.  Also, they gave me their registration information with the Australian Government and I have checked them out on their version of the Better Business Bureau as well as America's BBB and have found no complaints.  I do indepth research before I make a decision, especially one as big as this, and that my mother can verify.  Sometimes I do make mistakes, but I always do extensive research on my decisions before I jump in with both feet.

Duke, you are correct, my last day at ONG is tomorrow, but I'm not worried at all.  I'll get started with my first training day on Monday and will get paid at the end of the first week of August.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 12:59:48 AM »

Since it's too late to talk you out of this, how about a job description? Or have they given you that yet?

Here is the job description:

This is the job description:
The position is home-based and your duties will include the following areas:
- maintaining business correspondence with customers of the company, replying on time and managing it,
-working out internal reports and classifying fiscal information (all stages of the process: from data collection to its organization),
-processing direct payments from the customers to programmers, working for our company (paper formalities),
- starting a new branch office (your assistance in looking for a proper office space and solving possible administrative issues).
- helping the company design and maintain websites on occasion.

To carry out your work you will be admitted to the corporate banking account as soon as you start working for us.

Memphis,

I hear what everybody else is saying and I had the same concerns at first, but as I've researched this company over and under, forward and backward, inside and out, I've grown more and more confident in not only their legitimacy, but their stability.  This is not a fly-by-night gig.  My mother and dad are also on board with this decision.  It took a while to convince them, but they are on board.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 01:38:29 PM »

Can we at least have an assurance that your password to this forum is not something that could be easily worked out from information that you've given to these people? You are a moderator and this is an issue of forum security.

My forum password is secure.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 01:39:48 PM »

Does this company have a website? The New Zealand one seems to be somewhat legit, but I can't find the Australian version anywhere.

I'm going to feel bad when this thing blows up. I'm almost certain it will. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not give them your bank account information.

The Australian Version is www.on-company.com.

The New Zealand Version is related to it, as well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »

Does anyone but me smell money laundering?

Again, I have checked this company through and through and have left no stone unturned.  They're legit.  I would not involve myself in something I knew was a criminal practice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »

Does anyone but me smell money laundering?

Again, I have checked this company through and through and have left no stone unturned.  They're legit.  I would not involve myself in something I knew was a criminal practice.

But does it make any sense???

It does make sense.  I had the same concern about money laundering when I first made contact with this company, so that's why I investigated them thoroughly, asked for their registration with the Australian Government, and checked with the Aussie's version of the Better Business Bureau.  I have no red flags that haven't been addressed and satisfied.

I will kind of go back on one thing I said earlier that Gustaf mentioned.  They didn't find me out of the blue, rather I had my resume' out on Career Builder and that's how they got a hold of me.  Now, I know you can't trust every company that uses Career Builder or Monster, so that's why I checked these people out before I committed to them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »

I'm going to wait until Monday morning to see what's going on, but I do have a backup plan just in case I need something to use it.  It's too late to do anything else tonight, but I'm going to look at it again on Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »

I need to make a sincere apology...

The more and more I look at this website and line it up against Boris's link that he posted, the more I'm thinking this could really be a scam.  I've been trying to deny it.  It's probably too late for ONG (though I may call Monday morning), but I am going to implement this new backup plan first thing Monday morning.  I will have enough money coming in from ONG to last me through Labor Day (almost $1,800 after taxes).  I have faith in my God that He will put me back in a meaningful employment by September 1.

I made a mistake by leaving ONG, but hopefully, I can cut the losses and get right back into the working world.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »

One last gasp.  Would someone check this website of ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and tell me what you think of this.

http://www2.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?acn=119_068_138&juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »

3 days ago you said "Instead, I'll have a couple weeks to train and work at the same time.  The way it's looking, I have at most one more month at ONG."

How did you go from a month left to no job there so fast?

And please tell me you didn't give them your SS# and bank account info.

The first question - I misjudged the timeline.

The second question - nope, i gave them none of those.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »

So, based on that, I'm still going to give them a couple days to prove themselves since they have none of my very personal informatoin.  I still have the backup plan.  I feel safer doing it this way knowing that if any monies are transferred via payroll, it would have to be by check which then I could see if it is a legit check before I deposit it.  They did contact me by phone, though, yesterday, so now at least I have a voice to put with the e-mails and communications.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies