I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:12:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49750 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: July 18, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »

Why would the bank's hours be in the middle of the night? New Zealand time is very different than ours.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »

Bushie, are the issues others are pointing out concerning to you? Even a little?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:42 PM »

I have more sympathy for Bushie than most of you guys. Yes, he's too way trusting, but it's obvious he really just wants to get married and get a better job and get out of Oklahoma. I feel awful for him now that he has no job, enough savings for a month, and his soon to be wife is disabled. Now, he's going to have to find a new job in a time of high unemployment. Assuming the utility won't take him back, he's almost certainly going to have to settle for an undesirable, low-paying job, at least until he can find something better. He's not even eligible for unemployment because he voluntarily left his job. My advice to him would be to apply for lots of jobs waiting tables until he can get something more permanent. While the pay is not amazing, it's better than you might think, and turnover at restaurants is very high so they are always hiring.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »

It's alright guys.  Yes, I made a mistake by leaving ONG, but I am trying to cut everything there as I have told the scammers no deal.  So, Monday morning, I am going to call on these jobs and hopefully, Lord willing, be able to find something relatively quickly.  Remember, the recession didn't hit Oklahoma as hard as other parts of the country, so that's a plus.  I'm also going to call ONG back on Monday morning and see if I can go back to work for them at the same job and same pay.

Note:  None of this conversation makes it to facebook.  I'm trying to save face there.

Best of Luck, Jeff.  If you can't get it back, you can move on and find something else.  You weren't that happy there so maybe a new job will come up that will be even better.  Stay positive and don't let a misstep hold you back.

I know I need to be positive, and I'm trying.  I just don't want to end up going into September with still no job and no means of income.

This is why you need a temporary job. Swallow yur pride, and don't worry if it's not your dream job. It's just to get you enough time to find a "real" job. Your savings will go faster than you anticipate. I've been in a similar place. I learned that delivering pizzas is actually a lot of fun Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2010, 08:59:20 PM by memphis »

That damn crap ruined my old car.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »

It's impossible for him to be a fake. The Facebook activity is far too complex to not be real.
^^^^^^^^^^^

Everything about him is too complex. Parts of his back story may be embellished. That's true of a lot of members though.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »

This thread is a f'ing train wreck. And nobody can stop watching.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »

There is a lesson here about not quitting your job without two weeks notice. Even if you get a new obviously legitimate one it's quite possible it just won't work out. In BushOK's case if he had bothered to do so he could've just rescinded his resignation now and the whole thing would've just have been a rather embarrassing experience instead of the crisis it is now.

Very true, though in general it is highly inadvisable for any poor to quit a job, and most particularly a job at a public utility.

Really BushOK was incredibly lucky to have as good a position as he had - the majority of poors work for $7-8/hour and have to do backbreaking labour.

Working at a big box store or fast food outlet is backbreaking labour? We have illegals to do the hard jobs.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:28 AM »

Does Bushie not have a cell phone? He can't be out doing something and take a call? Even my grandmother had one before she passed away.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 05:24:11 PM »

Yes, but I can't make $1,300 a month worth of bills on $8.00 an hour.

Well how does the rest of the country do it?

(seriously I don't know how about 60% of the population even survives)

A variety of means. Help from family. Crime. Government assistance. Not paying bills. Charity. A combination of many of these.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »

Just go into town and apply at McDonalds Chili's.  The internet is your worst enemy at this point.

There is reasonable money to be made waiting tables. It's pretty demanding and the money's not 100% consistant, but it's a decent temporary job that's fairly easy to get.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 11:50:15 AM »

Yeah, I don't see bushie busing tables.

How do you like driving a truck? I hear that pays fairly well.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »

Absolutely. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avon_Products
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies