I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:14:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have a new job!!! (Yes, Attention Whoring)  (Read 49732 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: July 18, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »

How are you getting married on that salary?  Is Oklahoma really much cheaper?  I make way more and it's a bitch to pay for things where I live.  I know some guys from Tinker AFB who make a few dollars less than me who were buying 4 BR homes. 

That said, I'd be careful of such firms.  I've had my resume on CB and Monster and got a lot of crap that was not Accounting related and looked like a scam.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

You have to pay them to train you?  SCAM

No, I don't have to pay a dime.  They will pay me.  I can work at the gas company and train at the same time for 2 weeks and then I will put in my two weeks notice at ONG and transition to ON-Company.

My parents are warming to this idea, as well, and my Dad said sometimes you just have to step out on faith and let the Lord take care of you.  This is a big leap, but I've been getting increasingly unhappy with ONG over the last few months and my bank account is struggling.

States, yes my fiancee' is on disability for a medical condition, and that's why I am going to try this new job because $54,000 will go a lot further than $30,800 which is what I would make with her $400 a month.

It sounds admirable why you'd do this.  I don't know how you'd be able to get married on that money you and her are currently making.  However, I'd like to see a months, if not a few months pay before you give 2 weeks notice.  Or get a 2nd job.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:56:24 PM »

Wait, you weren't even interviewed? This is worse than i thought.... Definitely don't quit your job at Ok Natty Gas until you're positive this is real.

I echo Meeker. I don't see this thread ending well. 

WOW!  Even for jobs that pay far less, you can be put through the ringer with interviews.  Well, let's just say NORMALLY put through the ringer.  Hell and as patrick1 said- no LinkedIN, not Hoover's info.  Those are MAJOR red flags for me.  I concur with Snowguy.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »

LOL how stupid can you be? Someone posts a link proving it's a scam....and you still talk about how you researched it extensively.

No pity from me.

Boris probably found out about the scam in 5 minutes, and Bushie's extensive research didn't find it.

Yep, doomsday is here, financially.

I concur.  Nothing to gloat about because I would have fallen for something like this if I were younger.  

I've gotten e-mails off CareerBuilder for the many months I was out of work.  Of course they were all marketing crap that I wasn't interested in anyway so I ignored it.  It was blatantly obvious they didn't even look at my resume.  

Bushie-- COME ON BUDDY!!!! For being in the professional world as long as you have, this should have been fairly easy to know this was fishy.  At the LATEST, I could see someone 18/19 falling for this, not 27/28 and about to be married.  I wish you luck with this.  And as for your parents, they're thinking is it's your judgment.  Hey, I'm in a rent vs. buy a home argument with mine right now so....  you have to know what's best man.  
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »

How is that the moral of the story? I'd say it is rather "listen to anyone who posted in this thread".

I don't think anyone posted anything other than warnings.

Not on the first page.

He was beaten by this.

That said, I'd be careful of such firms.  I've had my resume on CB and Monster and got a lot of crap that was not Accounting related and looked like a scam.

The point was I got the impression he thought because it came from CB it was legit.  Mind you I've had legit interviews from there and it's a good tool, but I wouldn't overly trust it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:05 PM »

And damn do some of us know how some employers can be.  They can jettison you in an instant, but so help you God you don't give 2 weeks notice.  I can definitely empathize with your objective BushOK.  A lot of employers want to be cheapskates right now and love the current workers' mentality of "I'll take anything."  This is a race to the bottom and could lead to a deflationary spiral we don't need right now.  IMO, now more than ever we need EFCA passed, but it seems to be stalled.  That would be FAR more important than the health care bill. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies