Who is the most liked and disliked member of this forum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:21:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is the most liked and disliked member of this forum?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Who is the most liked and disliked member of this forum?  (Read 1780 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »

Who do you think is collectively the most liked and disliked member of this forum?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:14:50 PM »

I'm the most disliked.

#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »

This ought to go under Forum Community.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »

Disliked: Libertas or Derek
Liked:Inks
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:53 AM »

Who do you think is collectively the most liked and disliked member of this forum?

You mean in the same person, or two different people?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »

I'm assuming two different people.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »

Liked: Probably someone like Torie.
Disliked: Derek or Libertas.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 03:59:28 AM »

Cause I think if you're looking for one who is simultaneously strongly disliked and strongly liked I might be in the running.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »

sorry for my short term memory, but what's the knock against Libertas?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »

Cause I think if you're looking for one who is simultaneously strongly disliked and strongly liked I might be in the running.

You mean polarizing?  Yes, you.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

He's supposedly antisemitic, and he can be a bit scrappy.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 01:36:43 PM »

He also refuses to recognize the merits of anything somebody says not in agreement with him. It's maddening how certain he is right, and his refusal to intelligently debate with anybody.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »

He also refuses to recognize the merits of anything somebody says not in agreement with him. It's maddening how certain he is right, and his refusal to intelligently debate with anybody.

There are a lot of people like that, here.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 10:38:54 PM »

Fair enough. I've had the most run-ins with him, though, far more than anybody else on this forum.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 11:36:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure with a VERY FEW exceptions most forumers on here are pretty damned certain they're right.  Very few of us actually take time out of our day to examine the issues we care about (guilty as charged).
And as for intelligent debate? Sh*t...........Libertas is far outclassed in the unintelligent debate category by a few avatards who will remain nameless by yours truly (I do this out of kindness for you, knowing your own failure to argue remotely logical points must be frightening, so I'll leave it at that).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 04:11:30 AM »

I'm pretty sure with a VERY FEW exceptions most forumers on here are pretty damned certain they're right.  Very few of us actually take time out of our day to examine the issues we care about (guilty as charged).
And as for intelligent debate? Sh*t...........Libertas is far outclassed in the unintelligent debate category by a few avatards who will remain nameless by yours truly (I do this out of kindness for you, knowing your own failure to argue remotely logical points must be frightening, so I'll leave it at that).

Libertas is in a league of his own. He has an attitude where he doesn't even acknowledge that other people may disagree with him. That is, he does not just tell people they are wrong, but rather he acts as if their conflicting opinion doesn't even exist.

And, of course, he has never actually had the guts to debate his positions or back up them up with any real arguments.

He isn't my least favourite poster though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »

Most liked? Perhaps Torie, muon2, as I've never heard anyone telling anything negative on them.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:39 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2010, 10:06:39 AM by Uncle Salty »

I'm pretty sure with a VERY FEW exceptions most forumers on here are pretty damned certain they're right.  Very few of us actually take time out of our day to examine the issues we care about (guilty as charged).

Libertas is in a league of his own. He has an attitude where he doesn't even acknowledge that other people may disagree with him. That is, he does not just tell people they are wrong, but rather he acts as if their conflicting opinion doesn't even exist.

And, of course, he has never actually had the guts to debate his positions or back up them up with any real arguments.

I'm not saying he doesn't have bad qualities, hell he is probably one of the least courteous posters on here and I wouldn't hazard to say he makes it his mission to piss people off.  However, there are some posters on here who are so bad they probably earn more scorn than Libertas.  I mean hell, Libertas may be a bit self-righteous, but at least he doesn't fantasize about raping fat chicks or post 50 threads a day.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:04 AM »

I'm pretty sure with a VERY FEW exceptions most forumers on here are pretty damned certain they're right.  Very few of us actually take time out of our day to examine the issues we care about (guilty as charged).

I'm not saying he doesn't have bad qualities, hell he is probably one of the least courteous posters on here and I wouldn't hazard to say he makes it his mission to piss people off.  However, there are some posters on here who are so bad they probably earn more scorn than Libertas.  I mean hell, Libertas may be a bit self-righteous, but at least he doesn't fantasize about raping fat chicks or post 50 threads a day.

I'd agree that Libertas is not the worst poster. I really don't like his attitude, but at least you can coexist with him somehow.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »

Blubb would be a candidate for both.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 12:04:38 AM »

Fair enough. I've had the most run-ins with him, though, far more than anybody else on this forum.

Uh, what? I don't remember the last time I spoke to you....
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »

Yeah, but my views are rather unique around here.

The generic hacks here criticizing me here all pat each other on the back and give themselves the illusion that they're not everything they accuse me of being.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 01:05:02 AM »

Uh, what? I don't remember the last time I spoke to you....
We had some sort of discussion a few days ago I think. Judicial review I believe was the topic. Plus, my posting in the threads that tend to produce the most debate have been pretty sparse lately.

It's been awhile though before that. I never said I thought you were the least liked, or that I liked you least, I was just explaining the complaint some people have. And as Morgan said, it's something that applies to many people here, including myself at times (though I like to think that that is not generally the case, and that I'm usually fairly open-minded).

I have no problem with your having different beliefs, I just wish that the tone you used when discussing them didn't occasionally come off as dismissive of other forum members' thoughts.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 01:59:29 AM »

As would Straha.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 07:32:11 AM »

The fat-raper isn't really a regular poster though.

It is true of course, that Libertas gets more called out on his behaviour because his views are more unpopular. Opebo does more or less the same routine, although phrased a little bit more eloquently and he is adored by many posters here.

Still, that is more a case of leftist posters getting away with things than Libertas getting an unfair treatment.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies