Changing lives of George Wallace, Jim Folsom, John Patterson and U.S. history (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Changing lives of George Wallace, Jim Folsom, John Patterson and U.S. history (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I continue?
Yes

Cut the crap off now, son

tl;dr

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Changing lives of George Wallace, Jim Folsom, John Patterson and U.S. history  (Read 38999 times)
cpeeks
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:35:27 AM »

Being from alabama this is neat.
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »

Nice twist! I can't wait to see what Folsom does as President.

Funny thing is that Folsom due to his 1962 loss and, thus, withdrawing from public life is remembered mostly as a 1940s/1950s man, despite being in quite "presidential" age later (he was born the same year LBJ was, and was just 3 years senior to Humphrey).

Folsom actually didnt reply retire from public life, he ran for governor in every election untill 1982 but never got many votes after he appeared drunk during that debate with wallace. I know his gradson and he told me that the family swears to this day that the wallace people drugged him. He was picked up that night in cullman and was driven to montgomery about a two plus hour drive, and they caimed that he had 2 or 3 drinks on the way down, but by the time he got on stage he was incoherent, and they say the wallace people drugged on the drive down.
cpeeks
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »

Nice twist! I can't wait to see what Folsom does as President.

Funny thing is that Folsom due to his 1962 loss and, thus, withdrawing from public life is remembered mostly as a 1940s/1950s man, despite being in quite "presidential" age later (he was born the same year LBJ was, and was just 3 years senior to Humphrey).

Folsom actually didnt reply retire from public life, he ran for governor in every election untill 1982 but never got many votes after he appeared drunk during that debate with wallace. I know his gradson and he told me that the family swears to this day that the wallace people drugged him. He was picked up that night in cullman and was driven to montgomery about a two plus hour drive, and they caimed that he had 2 or 3 drinks on the way down, but by the time he got on stage he was incoherent, and they say the wallace people drugged on the drive down.

Hm, that's interesting. I've of course read election results with Folsom receiving votes in primaries as late as 1980s, but with many sourced saying about withdrawal, I thought it was rather write-ins,

And yes, I've heard about the accident and belief Wallace people were behind this thing.

No he was actually on the ballot, and I know alot of people across the nation hate Wallace but he did do alot of good here. The 2 year college system and vocationa schools was started by wallace as well as the free text book act of 1964, and he really wasnt a racist he was an opportunist and this kinda shows it :
 When a supporter asked why he started using racist messages, Wallace replied, "You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about ns, and they stomped the floor."
cpeeks
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »

How do you know some much about alabama politicians?
cpeeks
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »

Well your doing a good job.
cpeeks
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 02:00:14 AM »

So is reverand wallace gonna switch to the gop?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies