Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do you support the Iraq war at this current moment?  Please vote yes or no in PARTY CATEGORIES (unless you are undecided or neutral).
Yes (DEM)

No (DEM)

Yes (GOP)

No (GOP)

Yes (Other Parties)

No (Other Parties)

Undecided/Neutral(Any Party)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES  (Read 7868 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »

Please comment and discuss.

But remember, emotions can get heated, so be considerate and polite. 

(NOTE: I also made the Undecided/Neutral category less specific, because most people on this site have an opinion, and it would be kind of pointless to make even more options when only a few people are going to vote.)

memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »

Every time I get paid, money has already been taken to pay for it. I certainly spend plenty of time supporting it. [/smarta$$]
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:25:29 PM »

Every time I get paid, money has already been taken to pay for it. I certainly spend plenty of time supporting it. [/smarta$$]

I am paid under the table, so none of it is taken to support the war. Grin
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »

No (Dem).
cpeeks
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »

consider my self somewhat of a liberterian,  and absolutely not
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »

I thought you were a paleoconservative?
cpeeks
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2010, 10:49:22 PM by cpeeks »

consider my self somewhat of a liberterian,  and absolutely not

Um I guess I do line up more with paleoconservatives now that you pointed it out and I just read what there all about, but there are things I am very libertarian on especially social issues.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »

Um I guess I do line up more with paleoconservatives now that you pointed it out and I just read what there all about, but there are things I am very libertarian on especially social issues.

Social issues are the biggest bone of contention between libertarians & paleoconservatives, though.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 02:44:07 PM »

Wow, only one GOPer voted in this.  And there are more independants/other party members than Democrats.  Hmmmmm........
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »

Nyet (Other)
cpeeks
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »

Social issues are the biggest bone of contention between libertarians & paleoconservatives, though.

Ya like i dont think the federal goverment has the right to get into things like abortion, gay marriages, or medical marijuana.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »

Ya like i dont think the federal goverment has the right to get into things like abortion, gay marriages, or medical marijuana.

But, how you feel about state government in regards to those issues, would shape whether you are a libertarian or a paleocon.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 04:48:09 PM »

Yes (other), for violations of the 1991 cease fire.
cpeeks
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »

But, how you feel about state government in regards to those issues, would shape whether you are a libertarian or a paleocon.

I think the states have the right to make laws concerning those issues not the federal goverment.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »

I think the states have the right to make laws concerning those issues not the federal goverment.

Yeah, but what do you think your state government should do concerning those issues?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »

cpeeks
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 11:46:44 PM »

Yeah, but what do you think your state government should do concerning those issues?

LOL are you asking if i believe in those issues or are you asking what if my state outlaws or allows said things is that ok those are two different issues I will be glad to address either
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »

LOL are you asking if i believe in those issues or are you asking what if my state outlaws or allows said things is that ok those are two different issues I will be glad to address either

Do you believe that your state, the state you live in, should ban or legalize same-sex marriage?  What about abortion?
cpeeks
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

Ok now were getting into tricky areas. First of we have to decide is marriage a religous institution or is it state sanctioned, because the right wing who profess to want smaller federal goverment are the same ones who want to say its a religous instution and want the federal goverment to ban it. So if it is a religous institution it should be up to the churches and if the church see fit to marry two smae sex people then the state should have to honor it, and thats how I think it should be left up to churches. Me personally I dont care if two people of the ame sex are allowed to marry, so I guess I am for it. As far as abortion goes I am pro-choice and no I do not think my state should ban either.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »

Ok now were getting into tricky areas. First of we have to decide is marriage a religous institution or is it state sanctioned, because the right wing who profess to want smaller federal goverment are the same ones who want to say its a religous instution and want the federal goverment to ban it. So if it is a religous institution it should be up to the churches and if the church see fit to marry two smae sex people then the state should have to honor it, and thats how I think it should be left up to churches. Me personally I dont care if two people of the ame sex are allowed to marry, so I guess I am for it. As far as abortion goes I am pro-choice and no I do not think my state should ban either.

Ah, then you're a libertarian.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 08:12:42 PM »

Undecided (I).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »

Bump.

Opposed since very start (other).
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2011, 06:12:08 PM by Liechtenstein. »

consider my self somewhat of a liberterian,  and absolutely not

If you don't believe in the 'Non Aggression Principle' you are by definition not libertarian, going by their own litmus test. Of course going by such an incredibly strict standard means 90-99% of people will never be considered (or want to identify) as 'libertarian.' But then this is the same group of people that think having a government-owned statue for a mascot makes sense.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

No.  I posted here when it began that it was going to be a costly and bloody quagmire, and I continue to hold that position today.  Moreover, we have succeeded in our goal of disrupting a stable dictatorship and assassinating that dictator and members of his family.  Time to come home.  
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »

Absolutely not.  Needless and costly war that served no purpose to our national interests.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies