Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:48:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the Iraq war at this current moment?  Please vote yes or no in PARTY CATEGORIES (unless you are undecided or neutral).
Yes (DEM)

No (DEM)

Yes (GOP)

No (GOP)

Yes (Other Parties)

No (Other Parties)

Undecided/Neutral(Any Party)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Do you support the Iraq war? VOTE BY PARTY CATEGORIES  (Read 7952 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 22, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2011, 06:12:08 PM by Liechtenstein. »

consider my self somewhat of a liberterian,  and absolutely not

I thought you were a paleoconservative?

Um I guess I do line up more with paleoconservatives now that you pointed it out and I just read what there all about, but there are things I am very libertarian on especially social issues.

Social issues are the biggest bone of contention between libertarians & paleoconservatives, though.

Ya like i dont think the federal goverment has the right to get into things like abortion, gay marriages, or medical marijuana.

But, how you feel about state government in regards to those issues, would shape whether you are a libertarian or a paleocon.

If you don't believe in the 'Non Aggression Principle' you are by definition not libertarian, going by their own litmus test. Of course going by such an incredibly strict standard means 90-99% of people will never be considered (or want to identify) as 'libertarian.' But then this is the same group of people that think having a government-owned statue for a mascot makes sense.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:16:26 AM »

You mean when you were 37.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:05:55 AM »

Would I have supported it knowing that we would sacrifice 4,000 young men and women and put our country deeply in debt?  No.
It's a war. That goes with the territory. It could have gone worse in terms of US/coalition military casualties. Much worse.  Imagine if Saddam had WMD's and decided to use them when attacked!

I think most Americans had the vision that the war in Iraq would be more like the first Gulf war rather than more like Vietnam.

Daddy Bush didn't see it that way though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies