Opinion of Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Obamacare?
I oppose it from the left.

I oppose it from the right.

I oppose it from the center (i.e. I would support Wyden-Bennett or similar)

I would prefer something else, but support it.

I wholeheartedly support it.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Opinion of Obamacare  (Read 11194 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: March 31, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »

But I'm sure if they waited long enough, they would die, no? I'll admit that I do reserve some belief that the Government may be able to provide healthcare, but I can't agree with the principle of letting the modern United States Government do it. It is my firm belief that when Government gets involved, sh*t gets f**ked up (see handling of the auto companies, banks, wars, etc.) So while I believe that the idea of universal healthcare is noble and reasonably practical idea, I cannot trust the modern Government to do it. Maybe we could see reform in which the Government only provides care to those who can't afford it, but still allow some aspect of a free market-based system? All in all, I believe we must keep the free market in play in this area. It is crucial. I support the idea of universal healthcare, but I cannot support its implementation into the modern United States.

In Canada, you are only put on a list if your operation is non-essential.  If your condition is life-threatening or emergency, you're given treatment right then and there.  It's all case-by-case.  My best friend is moving to the US from Canada someday, and she dreads what living under our healthcare system is going to be like for her compared to what she has now.  And personally, I don't think "They screw everything else up" is a very strong argument against any government action, in general.  We'd definitely be worse off if we simply didn't have government.

Also, remember that Obamacare is not NHC.  It forces you to choose a private insurance company and live with the costs.  Part of the reason why the bill sucks is because it, if anything, benefits the private insurance companies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies