Opinion of Obamacare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:01:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Obamacare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support Obamacare?
I oppose it from the left.

I oppose it from the right.

I oppose it from the center (i.e. I would support Wyden-Bennett or similar)

I would prefer something else, but support it.

I wholeheartedly support it.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Opinion of Obamacare  (Read 11196 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: March 29, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »

I oppose it from the Libertarian realm (I voted from the right, because I tend to agree with the right on this issue.)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »

I oppose it from the Libertarian realm (I voted from the right, because I tend to agree with the right on this issue.)

Survival of the wealthiest?

Survival of the ones who don't feel like they need to depend on a "higher power" to take care of them and essentially hold their hand from cradle to grave.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »

I'm sure all the people that lost their jobs and can't pay for their medical treatment anymore or have zero access to insurance even if they wanted to pay for it will appreciate your principled, Randian stance at the ripe age of 16.

And I'm sure they'd appreciate the lottery system-based healthcare overhaul that you're proposing that has produced cases in which patients are told to wait months for anything from routine check ups to life-altering procedures. I'm also sure they'd appreciate the vast expansion of Government that comes along with it because, you know, free healthcare comes with a price.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »

It's not surprising I've yet to hear an actual argument from conservatives/libertarians in favor of that position and instead nothing but idiotic rhetoric (like the nonsense above)

There's definitely an argument that has been and is being made, you just don't want to hear it because you prefer not to hear it. You think you're right and that's it. Childish of you, but what would I know about such behaviour?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 06:21:30 PM »

But I'm sure if they waited long enough, they would die, no? I'll admit that I do reserve some belief that the Government may be able to provide healthcare, but I can't agree with the principle of letting the modern United States Government do it. It is my firm belief that when Government gets involved, sh*t gets f**ked up (see handling of the auto companies, banks, wars, etc.) So while I believe that the idea of universal healthcare is noble and reasonably practical idea, I cannot trust the modern Government to do it. Maybe we could see reform in which the Government only provides care to those who can't afford it, but still allow some aspect of a free market-based system? All in all, I believe we must keep the free market in play in this area. It is crucial. I support the idea of universal healthcare, but I cannot support its implementation into the modern United States.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »

It is my firm belief that when Government gets involved, sh*t gets f**ked up (see handling of the auto companies

If you'll excuse me picking out a single aspect of your post, I feel I should point out that auto bailout's been rather successful.

Moderately successful, but they haven't been fully paid back yet. There's still about 30-40 billion dollars to be paid back. I believe corporate welfare is not how you fix the economy and create a better job environment. Times of hardship are times that industry is tested. The auto companies could have avoided near-bankruptcy if they had better managed their money, but instead they needed help of the Government (which does not exist to keep fiscally irresponsible corporations afloat, by nature) just so they didn't go broke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies