Divided or Mandate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:30:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Divided or Mandate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Divided or Mandate?  (Read 27340 times)
dougrhess

« on: November 03, 2004, 04:09:08 PM »

There was talk on the radio of Bush having a mandate since he got over 50 perecent and that hasn't happened in recent elections.

However, I think if the country were not so divided and angry, you would have seen the third parties do better and Bush, or Kerry, would have won with under 50 percent. Make sense? Still musing on that....
dougrhess

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:21:45 PM »

Doesn't matter.  Bush governed as if he had a mandate for the last 4 years anyway.  He'll continue to do so, only more so.  This time he actually got the most votes AND he picked up support in both houses of Congress.  I suspect we'll be in for  more tax cuts, bigger budget deficits, a weak economy, and more war and deaths overseas, with a continual terror threat, along with little movement toward peace between the Israelis and Palestineans.  I only hope that Stevens and Ginsburg can remain on the court for 4 more years.  I'm sure Rhenquist and O'Connor will retire soon.

True. He'll have to satisfy a lot of moderate Republican Senators now though. McCain and whatshisname from IN on the foreign relations committee have been pretty pissed about Iraq.

Cheney did say mandate in his comments today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies