NH: Public Policy Polling: After Palin endorsement, Ayotte leads Hodes by only 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:47:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  NH: Public Policy Polling: After Palin endorsement, Ayotte leads Hodes by only 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NH: Public Policy Polling: After Palin endorsement, Ayotte leads Hodes by only 3  (Read 4247 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:59 PM »

Is it possible that Palins endorsement has damaged Ayotte this much?

I mean, this isn't Oklahoma, but it sure isn't Vermont either.

I can't believe Palin is dumb enough to endorse anybody in the NE. Waita minute, yes I can. The woman spends half her time bashing the coastal parts of the country. Why are we suprised they don't love her back?

Fiornia was dumb enough to say that she's "“honored and grateful" to have Palin's support.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 11:36:04 PM »

Taegan seems to agree that the Palin endorsement backfired:
http://www.wopular.com/palin-endorsement-backfires-new-hampshire

But I'm HIGHLY skeptical.  Of course Palin's endorsement means diddly squat in the NH general election, perhaps a slight negative, but I can't imagine that it could sink in so heavily in July that it would cause a noticeable shift away from Ayotte -- like, I presume that Palin's endorsement wasn't on the front page of every newspaper in the state? -- I just kind of doubt that Palin making Ayotte one of her "Mama Grizzlies" has sunk into a large part of the electorate.

When Palin makes an impact, she does it not by doing an endorsement, but by doing events, recording Robocalls, etc.

It would seem that in July, any slightly negative Ayotte action would result in her voters moving to undecideds rather than decisively for Hodes.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:44 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2010, 11:39:22 PM by Lunar »

Is it possible that Palins endorsement has damaged Ayotte this much?

I mean, this isn't Oklahoma, but it sure isn't Vermont either.

I can't believe Palin is dumb enough to endorse anybody in the NE. Waita minute, yes I can. The woman spends half her time bashing the coastal parts of the country. Why are we suprised they don't love her back?

Fiornia was dumb enough to say that she's "“honored and grateful" to have Palin's support.

Meh -- with all of the oppo on Fiorina, why would Boxer even bother raising the Palin issue?  That's an association argument, which is always kinda weak -- Fiorina is directly responsible for the misfortunes of thousands and her managerial mishaps cause her to be hated by anyone who's own fortunes were tied to the company she drove into the ground.

I mean, if Fiorina has had a photo op with Palin, then that'll be used, but the "honored and grateful" bit would only be useful if it were someone like Campbell that Boxer was squared off against.  Fiorina is a goldmine for attack ads, I see no reason to run a second or third tier argument [Fiorina loves Palin, Palin = bad] against her. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 12:59:18 AM »

Taegan seems to agree that the Palin endorsement backfired:
http://www.wopular.com/palin-endorsement-backfires-new-hampshire

But I'm HIGHLY skeptical.  Of course Palin's endorsement means diddly squat in the NH general election, perhaps a slight negative, but I can't imagine that it could sink in so heavily in July that it would cause a noticeable shift away from Ayotte -- like, I presume that Palin's endorsement wasn't on the front page of every newspaper in the state? -- I just kind of doubt that Palin making Ayotte one of her "Mama Grizzlies" has sunk into a large part of the electorate.

It was on the largest newspaper in the state's frontpage (link).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:46 AM »

Youch. 
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »

It would seem that in July, any slightly negative Ayotte action would result in her voters moving to undecideds rather than decisively for Hodes.

The poll here, of course, doesn't show decisive movement over their last blast. It's within the margin of error.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies