The Porcupine: The most trusted name in news. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:53:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Porcupine: The most trusted name in news. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Porcupine: The most trusted name in news.  (Read 20784 times)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« on: September 12, 2010, 10:23:19 AM »

Interview with Sam Spade
by hantheguitarman

Question 1: You are currently the Chief Justice of the Atlasia Supreme Court. Is this the highest office that you plan to achieve in Atlasia?

I don't think the citizens of Atlasia would exactly want me in any higher office and I concur.

Besides, didn't you get the memo - this is the highest office in Atlasia!  Trying challenging my decisions.

Question 2: Ernest, a former legislator for the Imperial Dominion of the South has challenged the region's authority to change the title of it's chief executive from Governor to Emperor. What are your thoughts on the lawsuit? If you were to make a ruling on it, what way do you see yourself ruling?

I hate to make comments on pending litigation that might be before the Court, even though Ernest has presently not indicated any willingness to continue pursuing his case yet.

That being said, the titles themselves are quite stupid, imo.  Can't we revert to just naming our Region its proper name - the Confederate States of Atlasia?

Question 3: What are your thoughts on Junkie's Atlasia Law Journal? Do you agree with his articles?

I am happy to see someone trying to analyze and synthesize our decisions, as disjointed as they often look and seem.  Moreover, I was recently amused at being compared to Justice Stevens.  I don't know whether I agree with his articles, but that's not the point - rather, his ideas are quite valid and worthy of consideration, that says enough.

I am also quite grateful that he recently brought his case (which we ruled against him - see most powerful office strikes again!), because his arguments and certain parts of the Bono v. Atlasia II decision needed to be addressed, in my view.

In short, he should continue and do more, not less.

Question 4: What are your thoughts on the Purple State Administration? If you had to give them a grade, what grade would that be?

I don't agree with everything they've done, but at least they've been active and willing, more than I can say for a lot of administrations.  So I guess a B?

That being said, letting ilikeverin into the Constitutional Convention is pretty much one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Question 5: You currently reside in the Southeast/Dirty South, which is now known as the Imperial Dominion of the South. Do you approve of this name change?

See above - Jefferson Davis is rolling over in his grave at the sight of these changes.

Question 6: What are your thoughts on the current Constitutional Convention? Do you approve?

Most of the changes being made are superficial, rather than substantive changes, so if they pass, little will change.  I tend to be opposed to change, especially change without reason, so in general I support this.  But I think they could be doing more than just that in some places.

Of course, even those superficial changes, as I have examined them, will create important substantive changes that, as usual, the drafters are unaware of at this time.  Entirely expected.

Question 7: Pirates or Ninjas?

Pirates always struck me as a little bit fruity, since they're out on the sea all the time.  So, ninjas I guess, even though I don't like the Japanese and hated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies