FL-08/Zogby: In his internal, Todd Long (R) beats Rep. Alan Grayson (D) by 8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:28:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  FL-08/Zogby: In his internal, Todd Long (R) beats Rep. Alan Grayson (D) by 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-08/Zogby: In his internal, Todd Long (R) beats Rep. Alan Grayson (D) by 8  (Read 2034 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:06:13 AM »

Internal Zogby poll for the Todd Long (R) campaign:

Long – 46 percent
Grayson – 38 percent
Other – 7 percent
Undecided – 9 percent

Pollsters contacted 500 likely voters in Florida’s 8th Congressional District July 13-15. The poll, which Long said cost his campaign $3,000, carries a 4.5 percent margin of error.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2010/07/todd-long-im-the-guy-who-can-beat-alan-grayson.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:54 AM »

Good thing it's a Zogby.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:26:43 AM »

So this is what Zogby has come to?
Mjh

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »

Man, it would be great to see that giant douche Grayson go down in flames.
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »

Agreed. And I strongly believe he will lose.  Grayson is just ridiculous.  Funny with all the things he's said that he's not described as an "extremist" left and right.  Certain people only like to describe conservatives that way.  Double standard.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 01:18:28 AM »

Agreed. And I strongly believe he will lose.  Grayson is just ridiculous.  Funny with all the things he's said that he's not described as an "extremist" left and right.  Certain people only like to describe conservatives that way.  Double standard.

Maybe they don't call him an extremist because he isn't one? Grayson is actually a pretty mainstream democrat in his belief, but he acts like a Republican. And for some reason the Republicans don't like that.
Mjh

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »

I would rather say that Grayson seems to think that he represent a district as liberal as CA-8th or NY-15, whilst in reality he represents a swing district with a slight conservative bend (R+2).
I mean, you don't see Mark Kirk on television spouting all sorts of BS about how the Democrats want people to die.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »

I would rather say that Grayson seems to think that he represent a district as liberal as CA-8th or NY-15, whilst in reality he represents a swing district with a slight conservative bend (R+2).
I mean, you don't see Mark Kirk on television spouting all sorts of BS about how the Democrats want people to die.

Yeah he seems to be as stupid as say, Joe Barton or Virginia Fox, but doesn't have a safe enough district to engage in those shenanigans. I like him of course. Give the Republicans a taste of their own medicine.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »

I still think Grayson is stronger than he looks, idk why. Money won't be an object to him, if he runs out of campaign cash he will just self finance. Hopefully Orlando knows better than to re-elect that douche.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2010, 12:25:53 PM by Lunar »

An internal House race poll from Zogby?  It's hard to think of anything more useless.

Seriously, i'd rather consult that psychic next to my local bodega
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »

Yeah he seems to be as stupid as say, Joe Barton or Virginia Fox, but doesn't have a safe enough district to engage in those shenanigans.  

He went to Harvard College and Harvard Law School. He says outrageous and inflammatory things, which may be politically stupid, but that's not the same as being actually stupid. Although maybe you meant "politically stupid"? I got thrown off because Barton and Foxx enhance their profiles in their districts with what they say.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 03:08:26 PM »

Yeah he seems to be as stupid as say, Joe Barton or Virginia Fox, but doesn't have a safe enough district to engage in those shenanigans. 

He went to Harvard College and Harvard Law School. He says outrageous and inflammatory things, which may be politically stupid, but that's not the same as being actually stupid. Although maybe you meant "politically stupid"? I got thrown off because Barton and Foxx enhance their profiles in their districts with what they say.

Yeah I meant being politically stupid by saying extreme things. He could do it in a D+15 district and be absolutely safe but not in an R+2 district.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies