Colorado Republican Primary Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:15:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado Republican Primary Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who will win the race for Governor/Senator for Republicans?
Maes/Buck

Maes/Norton

McInnis/Buck

McInnis/Norton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Colorado Republican Primary Predictions  (Read 2591 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2010, 04:00:13 PM by Mideast Assemblyman A-Bob »

Discuss.

I think it will be Maes/Buck. The majority of the counties are mail in which means Maes' supporters which are the grassroots will all vote, while McInnis' supporters are less likely mainly due to the fact they aren't as energized in such a large mass.

I think Buck will beat Norton, the birther comment has passed over, not to mention Norton illegally aired the video of Buck talking about Weld County bullsh*t on his cow boy boots by stealing it from a blog. I think that margin will be at least a few points, maybe up to 10 if this week just continues to be awesome for Buck.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »

I agree, Maes/Buck

I think Buck will beat Norton, the birther comment has passed over, not to mention Norton illegally aired the video of Buck talking about Weld County bullsh**t on his cow boy books by stealing it from a blog. I think that margin will be at least a few points, maybe up to 10 if this week just continues to be awesome for Buck.

I originally wanted Norton to win, but after reading that I might have to reconsider. I'm not a huge fan of politicians who run a dirty campaign against someone from their own party. I'm not even sure it would be safe for her to run such a campaign against a Democrat, considering it may expose her as being ignorant. Not to mention Buck seems to have a better chance at winning the overall election anyways.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:59:50 PM »

I agree, Maes/Buck

I think Buck will beat Norton, the birther comment has passed over, not to mention Norton illegally aired the video of Buck talking about Weld County bullsh**t on his cow boy books by stealing it from a blog. I think that margin will be at least a few points, maybe up to 10 if this week just continues to be awesome for Buck.

I originally wanted Norton to win, but after reading that I might have to reconsider. I'm not a huge fan of politicians who run a dirty campaign against someone from their own party. I'm not even sure it would be safe for her to run such a campaign against a Democrat, considering it may expose her as being ignorant. Not to mention Buck seems to have a better chance at winning the overall election anyways.

Buck is more of his own person then Norton, she's pretty much a puppet of a lot of people. She's pratically all plastic and not real. It's quiet depressing considering 2010 was suppose to be about real people standing up.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »

I agree, Maes/Buck

Buck is more of his own person then Norton, she's pretty much a puppet of a lot of people. She's pratically all plastic and not real. It's quiet depressing considering 2010 was suppose to be about real people standing up.

Norton is a puppet,  yes, but so is Bennet. If it came down to the two of them, I'd much rather have Norton because she's OUR puppet Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »

I agree, Maes/Buck

Norton is a puppet,  yes, but so is Bennet. If it came down to the two of them, I'd much rather have Norton because she's OUR puppet Smiley

They are both terrible, really, both parties could have picked a puppets slightly smaller. The Problem is with Romanoff, buck can compete with him, but Norton can't. He's the democrat's grassroots choice, you don't hear that one often in this election cycle. He's way to the left, but he would keep all democrat support and a huge majority of independents and even a decent amount of republicans. He has integrity, and if you haven't noticed, our state is having slight problems at the moment with that one haha
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »

Maes/Buck
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »

They are both terrible, really, both parties could have picked a puppets slightly smaller. The Problem is with Romanoff, buck can compete with him, but Norton can't. He's the democrat's grassroots choice, you don't hear that one often in this election cycle. He's way to the left, but he would keep all democrat support and a huge majority of independents and even a decent amount of republicans. He has integrity, and if you haven't noticed, our state is having slight problems at the moment with that one haha

I'd like to see Buck win, but I don't think Romanoff would be the end of the world. At least he's conservative on some issues, like gun rights. But yes, I have noticed a problem with integrity lately. Not to mention Colorado is a typical swing state. They seem to bounce back and forth between Republican and Democrat every election haha.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »

I'd like to see Buck win, but I don't think Romanoff would be the end of the world. At least he's conservative on some issues, like gun rights. But yes, I have noticed a problem with integrity lately. Not to mention Colorado is a typical swing state. They seem to bounce back and forth between Republican and Democrat every election haha.

If Wadhams wasn't the chair, and Tancredo wasn't in the race we'd be able to win US Senate, The governor's seat, CD-3, CD-4, CD-7 as well as the state house and senate
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »

If Wadhams wasn't the chair, and Tancredo wasn't in the race we'd be able to win US Senate, The governor's seat, CD-3, CD-4, CD-7 as well as the state house and senate

Just out of curiosity, which district are you in? But regardless, I think Republicans will take back CD-4 this November without a problem. As for state government goes, I'm afraid that's only your problem. In Michigan, Republicans have control of the Senate and Democrat have control of the House, and that's just barely acceptable. I couldn't imagine Democrats having both.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »

Just out of curiosity, which district are you in? But regardless, I think Republicans will take back CD-4 this November without a problem. As for state government goes, I'm afraid that's only your problem. In Michigan, Republicans have control of the Senate and Democrat have control of the House, and that's just barely acceptable. I couldn't imagine Democrats having both.

CD-7. Markey wasn't as liberal as most dems so that will play to her favor and there's an american constitution candidate in the race so if Tancredo is viable, he'll also be picking up some points which could kill Gardner in the race.The district went what was it? 11% libertarian in 2006.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2010, 10:23:15 PM by Vepres »

CD-7. Markey wasn't as liberal as most dems so that will play to her favor and there's an american constitution candidate in the race so if Tancredo is viable, he'll also be picking up some points which could kill Gardner in the race.The district went what was it? 11% libertarian in 2006.

11% to a Reform party candidate.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 10:15:50 PM »

Ah you live in a very liberal district just like me. But seeing as how CD-4 is very conservative, I wouldn't be surprised if we take it back. Even if we don't, Markey isn't too bad. I'm more concerned with getting rid of the more liberal members of congress first. Unfortunately I think you're right about the minor parties. I'd be a libertarian if the party was stronger. But the fact of the matter is they just take away votes from the Republicans and don't offer much hope.
timmer123
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 11:19:03 PM »

You guys seem pretty cool, but you're wrong on one key thing:  It's always better to have a conservative Republican than a conservative Democrat, because when push comes to shove, they will tow the liberal party like like all those "Conservative/moderate" Democrat senators voting for the health care monstrosity. (i.e. Baucus, Tester, Conrad, Johnson, Nelson, Pryor, Lincoln, Webb, Warner, Dorgan, Begich)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »

You guys seem pretty cool, but you're wrong on one key thing:  It's always better to have a conservative Republican than a conservative Democrat, because when push comes to shove, they will tow the liberal party like like all those "Conservative/moderate" Democrat senators voting for the health care monstrosity. (i.e. Baucus, Tester, Conrad, Johnson, Nelson, Pryor, Lincoln, Webb, Warner, Dorgan, Begich)

Romanoff is no moderate nor conservative on really any issue. He's as far left as it pretty much comes for personal thinking.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »

Ah you live in a very liberal district just like me. But seeing as how CD-4 is very conservative, I wouldn't be surprised if we take it back. Even if we don't, Markey isn't too bad. I'm more concerned with getting rid of the more liberal members of congress first. Unfortunately I think you're right about the minor parties. I'd be a libertarian if the party was stronger. But the fact of the matter is they just take away votes from the Republicans and don't offer much hope.

everyone claims the 7th is democratic, but really it can swing, and it will swing far to Frazier when he wins the primary. It just has been so democratic because the last two cycles we've had crappy candidates and it wasn't a good year not to mention Perlmutter just keeps raising money, this year that all changes Smiley
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:38:13 PM »

Maes will win. I'm hoping Norton will pull it off. I can't stand Buck, if anything his comments will come back to haunt him in the general where he will be as appealing as Angle. Norton is far more electable no matter what polls say right now.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »

everyone claims the 7th is democratic, but really it can swing, and it will swing far to Frazier when he wins the primary. It just has been so democratic because the last two cycles we've had crappy candidates and it wasn't a good year not to mention Perlmutter just keeps raising money, this year that all changes Smiley

Nice. I wish my district could swing. Here in MI CD-15, we've elected the same Democratic house representative since 1955. Neither party has been able to put up an opponent strong enough to defeat him. The way I see it, he'll be serving til the day he dies. And about his politics... Let's just say he's never met a tax that he didn't like.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »

Maes will win. I'm hoping Norton will pull it off. I can't stand Buck, if anything his comments will come back to haunt him in the general where he will be as appealing as Angle. Norton is far more electable no matter what polls say right now.

obviously you don't live in colorado. Norton isn't electable, she's cardboard. And the only people that said she could win pointed solely at the polls, now she doesn't even have that.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »

New Rasmussen poll out,

Maes is doing better than McInnis Smiley
Dgov
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:22 AM »

From What I can understand, the Western portion leans sort of Republican, but the Eastern portion, especially the heavily minority parts of Aurora, is what tilts it Democrat.  Frazier is probably the best candidate the Republicans can hope for in that regard, as his tenure as mayor of Aurora should help him keep down Perlmutter's margins there.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »

From What I can understand, the Western portion leans sort of Republican, but the Eastern portion, especially the heavily minority parts of Aurora, is what tilts it Democrat.  Frazier is probably the best candidate the Republicans can hope for in that regard, as his tenure as mayor of Aurora should help him keep down Perlmutter's margins there.

exactly. and he is popular in aurora
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »

Buck is nowhere near as extreme as Angle.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »

Buck is no Angle and we could win it with either of them. I will stick with Norton however.

Maes will probably beat McInnis. Getting rid of Tancredo might be a job and a half though.

I think we will win CO-04. I don't think Tancredo will provide much aide to a downballot AIP candidate, especially if the Republican is highly conservative which Gardner is or atleast should be enough so to keep the AIP candidate in the low single digits.

CO-03 could be competative if Tipton could start raising some cash.

CO-07 is a longshot, but we have a great candidate and good fundraiser.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »

Not to mention he's basically matching Perlmutter in fundraising.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09:46 PM »

Not to mention he's basically matching Perlmutter in fundraising.

some Qs he has beat him too
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies