Supreme Court and the Individual Health Insurance Mandate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:17:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Supreme Court and the Individual Health Insurance Mandate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supreme Court and the Individual Health Insurance Mandate  (Read 49107 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:17:04 PM »

health-care reform survives its first constitutional challenge

Some would say, "sad, but true," but I have long argued that the congress should not allow the courts and the executive branch to usurp its authority, as those branches have been doing for over two hundred years.  When I read this story earlier today on-line, I was glad.  Not that I'm in favor of the bill, but if we're going to be rid of this monstrous piece of legislation, we need to do it using the democratic process, by removing the elected officials who made it law and replacing them with folks will make laws superceding it or repealing it.  I'd like to see every one of these lawsuits go down in flames, and then to see those flames under the collective ass of the so-called "constitutionalist" faction of the voting public, motivating it to action.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies