Music Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:18:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 340044 times)
FairBol
United States

« on: August 09, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »

Just a quick introduction to my music tastes. 

I would say that my favorite genres of music are rock and pop, with an emphasis on 80s and 90s stuff.  I'm very eclectic, as I also enjoy classic rap/r&b, classic rock (primarily from the 70s), country, and jazz.  About the only type of music I dislike is classical....can't get into Bach and Beethoven, LOL.  I also enjoy analyzing and discussing lyrics; I find that the legends of rock/pop have explored some great ideas.  My favorite lyric is this one from the Rolling Stones:

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need" Smiley

Also, I wish to note that I am a DJ for my own internet radio station, which is called "Radio Free Connecticut".  I don't have a real schedule at this time; I'm just on whenever I feel like it, LOL.  If you want to check the station out, go to my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Radio-Free-Connecticut-680518518760296/.  Keep rockin', people! Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »

Playing some 90s stuff at the moment....specifically, "She Drives Me Crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals.  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 01:09:03 PM »

What does everyone think of the current music scene? Personally, and to quote Bob Seger, I think it "ain't got the same soul".  However, I have been known to enjoy listening to a few recent songs, such as Shawn Mendes' "Stitches".  That's pretty much all I'll admit to, LOL.  Wink
FairBol
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »

I'm really mad at myself because I only discovered their existence this past summer.

Um....WHAT?? Come again? LOL
FairBol
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 10:00:14 PM »

As usual, I'm doing my own thing, and streaming music on my internet radio station.  Playing El Debarge with "Who's Johnny" right now.  http://us1.internet-radio.com:8006/listen.pls or https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/start/fairbol
FairBol
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:37 PM »

Right now, I'm listening to The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming.  It might just be my new favorite (recent) song.  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 11:54:33 AM »

Right now, I'm listening to Depeche Mode - Policy Of Truth.  I hear the band has a new album coming out in the middle of the month.  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »

Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill is stuck in my head right now.  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 02:25:48 AM »

Two recomendations:

Greta Van Fleet
New band from Michigan (although they started in 2012, its first material got published last year) which could signal the revival of classic rock. They sound great and epic. The singer is just 21 and reminds me of Robert Plant. Summary: Classic rock with a fresh air.

They rock.  I dig their song on the NHL 19 soundtrack...."When The Curtain Falls".  Smiley
FairBol
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 02:34:20 AM »

Really into Tequila by Dan + Shay. The music video is a bit odd, but the song is great.

I'm a sucker for country love songs, including that one.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies