Music Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:41:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 341980 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:44:07 PM »

The Roger Waters Us + Them tour is awesome. Went to the one in DC on August 4th. Love all classic rock, big Pink Floyd fan.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:10:16 AM »

The Roger Waters Us + Them tour is awesome. Went to the one in DC on August 4th. Love all classic rock, big Pink Floyd fan.

I grew to like PF from when I was in TN and they had an independent classic rock station that would play their longer album tracks as well the usual ones like the Wall Pt 2 and a few tracks from DSOTM. Yes, they played a bit more Southern rock than I liked - but they mixed it up a bit and didn't seem like the precursor of XM radio's generic channels.

It sort of hurt their rep to limit such a great band to so few songs just like mainstream US classic rock radio had done to post Ziggy, pre-Let's Dance David Bowie (same 3 songs over & over again). Fleetwood Mac is reduced to about 4-5 songs, Heart to maybe 3 songs, Led Zep, Sabbath, Rush, Yes same thing. Sad.

I wish I had been able to get overseas broadcasts from England, Europe, or even more independent programs I've heard about in places like NYC or Cleveland or Chicago from years' past.

Try these, two great rock stations in VA, both streaming with a great variety:

http://3wv.com/
http://wbig.iheart.com/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies