Music Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:44:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 339364 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: January 28, 2013, 07:11:05 PM »

G-Side breaking up was a dark moment in history. At least Kendrick Lamar and Future is there to console me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »

Jay-Z's newest is pretty mixed, but Somewhereinamerica is pretty fun, even if the Miley Cyrus part at the end is a tad weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=263Cnsd0tLQ

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

Got super nostalgic one day and decided to bump some ODB. People write for him, but it hardly matters because he raps like nobody else. Seriously, Ason is one of a kind rapper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbCouTpY5S0
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:26:27 AM »

if you don't like Louis Armstrong, then don' ever talk to me again. The guy is a hero of mine.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 03:20:00 AM »

Digging through some old Indie recs people gave to me a while back, Atlas Sound is particularly good. Multiple listens are probably necessary for most of the sounds, but the song linked is pretty good on the first time around.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »

Been going through an Odd Future nostalgia trip. Tyler and Earl are great, Mellowhype is pretty good (though I wouldn't be far off in calling Hodgy Beats a mediocre beyond mediocre rapper), and there are a couple Domo Genesis songs that are pretty nice ("Supermarket" is particularly fun), though generally Domo is also on the mediocre side.

Haven't gotten back to re-listening to Frank Ocean, but that man has pipes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 08:38:46 PM »

Spoon's newest They Want My Soul is... pretty good.  A little disappointing given the heights I know they're capable of (Gimme Fiction and Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga are both firmly in my top 10 albums all-time), but it's good to have them back, and it's better than 2010's Transference at least.  Honestly, I think the problem is that in some ways it's a little too slick and polished and overproduced, which is the exact opposite of Transference, which felt like an album of incomplete demos.  Pendulum, swinging, etc.

Hopefully they hit that happy medium again next time.

For my taste, the opener "Rent I Pay" and the menacing "Knock Knock Knock" are the best cuts.  Not a fan of "Outlier" at all; they don't even sound like Spoon on that track to me, too much distracting electronic backing there for my taste.

this is old but reflects my thoughts exactly. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga is one of my favorites ever, I could listen to "Don't Make Me A Target" for hours.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 09:26:20 AM »

So excited for new Sun Kil Moon (Universal Truthes). Fascinated by Mark Kozelek's new direction with his writing. The Possum and Ali/Spinks 2 are the first two songs out for the album, and both are great and weird and way too personal.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »

So excited for new Sun Kil Moon (Universal Truthes). Fascinated by Mark Kozelek's new direction with his writing. The Possum and Ali/Spinks 2 are the first two songs out for the album, and both are great and weird and way too personal.

Mark Kozelek is such a sh-t person, but he's such a great musician. I've only had very brief exposure to Sun Kil Moon, but I can appreciate his talents.

I totally agree. That's kind of what makes his music so fascinating to me though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 01:02:24 AM »

One of my favorite weeks in music in a while. To Pimp a Butterfly appears on Spotify, and Earl Sweatshirt is coming out next week (and his new single is perfectly introverted and dark, which is where Earl Sweatshirt does the best).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 01:58:17 AM »

I feel like this forum isn't the right place to find a lot of Purity Ring fans, but they released their second album this month. This record is less weird lyrically and more pop-oriented than the last one, which has been the cause of some lukewarm reviews, but I like it a lot. If before they were a less poppy version of The Knife, now they're Chvrches with hip-hop beats. I'm fine either way.

Nah Purity Ring is fairly solid, though admittedly I haven't heard their 2nd album yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies