Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 20, 2019, 06:53:17 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: New features added! Click here for more information. Click here to configure new features.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Gustaf, Torie, The Mikado)
| | |-+  Music Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Music Megathread  (Read 235577 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:19 am »

I wish I could've seen the Beach Boys when they came to my area but I heard that they really weren't that good. Sad  I say this as quite a big Beach Boys fan too.

Oh, and BTW, is there anyone here from my generation who has ever listened to (or for bonus points, played) vinyl records???  Or are you all asking me, "Dude, what's vinyl???"  I'm not some hippie or audiophile, but I was just curious, especially because I was born around the time that vinyl was declining.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of
her citizens cannot cure.
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34:47 am »

I know the old timers like to joke about my generation not knowing what vinyl records are, but I think it's way more than they assume.

There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

Band I'm in recorded a few weeks ago. Here's track one, if any of y'all are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umtpfYYPtj0
Have you considered releasing on vinyl? Smiley

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:14:37 pm »

I don't really feel like creating another thread for this, so I'll just ask it here.  Do any of you think there's a good reason to buy or listen to vinyl records?  I know a lot of people think they sound better, but I've tried to compare it to digital, and I can't do it.  So if it doesn't sound better, then is there really any point in spending more money on that than you could for a digital download?

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout