Senate Races 2006.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  Senate Races 2006.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Senate Races 2006.  (Read 55223 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2004, 05:53:21 PM »

You're right. I stand corrected. It didn't last very long though.

Isn't it amazing how quickly PA takes over threads? Oh well. Local stuff is usually interesting.
Any amusing scandels in Philly recently?

I doubt anything can beat "the scaffolding needs to be restored"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

You're right. I stand corrected. It didn't last very long though.

Isn't it amazing how quickly PA takes over threads? Oh well. Local stuff is usually interesting.
Any amusing scandels in Philly recently?

I doubt anything can beat "the scaffolding needs to be restored"

Some of our Mayor's closest political allies and friends are being indicted. During the 2003 Mayoral election, his office was bugged. He spun the news against the Republicans and cruised to re-election. The Republican, Sam Katz, was going to win, too. Even IrishDem voted for the Republican in that election! The scandal continues to make news these days but it's not that big of a story anymore. However, if the Mayor gets indicted (which some believe will happen) expect to hear about it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2004, 06:07:18 PM »

Where would Philly be without grotesque corruption? Oh... I see... a better place... but still... it's a Tradition. Been going on for about 200 years and Philly is still in a better shape than Camden ;-)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2004, 06:17:49 PM »

Philly is still in a better shape than Camden ;-)

Yeah that's always a plus.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2004, 06:27:19 PM »

Who will it be for Mayor?

Dems:

Jon Saidel
Michael Nutter
Blondell Reynolds Brown
Janine Blackwell
Johnny Dougherty

Reps:

Frank Rizzo Jr.
Brian O'Neill
Jack Kelly
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2004, 06:30:12 PM »

Dems:

Jon Saidel
Michael Nutter
Blondell Reynolds Brown
Janine Blackwell
Johnny Dougherty

Reps:

Frank Rizzo Jr.
Brian O'Neill
Jack Kelly

Saidel over Rizzo 57% to 42%.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2004, 07:05:53 PM »

Dems:

Jon Saidel
Michael Nutter
Blondell Reynolds Brown
Janine Blackwell
Johnny Dougherty

Reps:

Frank Rizzo Jr.
Brian O'Neill
Jack Kelly

Too early to tell who the nominees will be. I think your list for possible candidates is pretty good with one exception: Jack Kelly won't run for Mayor or even consider it.

A few comments on the race: Saidel has a great shot at the nomination but Johnny Doc will have strong union backing. I think Blackwell would like to be Mayor but it just won't work out for her in the primary if she's going up against people like Doc and Saidel.

As for the Republicans, like I said Kelly won't run. I'm not sure about O'Neill. People keep bringing him up but in my opinion he wouldn't be a good Mayoral candidate. That being said, my opinion of an O'Neill candidacy doesn't control whether or not it happens. Rizzo was hinting at running as a Dem but it seems like that talk had died down. He'll run as a Republican and be the favorite for the nomination. However, it's still too early to tell the nominees of each party. If I had to take a guess, I'd say Doc vs. Rizzo.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2004, 08:11:14 PM »

Phil, you didn't explain. Why would a person be a Democrat if they're a 100% conservative?

Also, why did Bush win Westmoreland county and Kerry win Montgomery county then?

You might be able to say Pennsylvania is a SOCIALLY conservative state, but it sure as hell isn't an economically one, or conservative overall.

You have to ask some of the conservative Dems why they stay Dem, BRTD. I obviously don't have the answer to that question.

My position on this will stay the same: More people in the state of Pennsylvania identify themselves as conservative as opposed to being moderate or liberal. You disagree? Fine. We have a difference of opinion and I doubt it will change.

Probably the same reason Zell Miller remained a Dem.  Their fathers, mothers, grandfathers, and grandmothers are all Democrats and they're not going to change their party affiliation because their family link to the Democratic party outweighs the fact that they vote Republican in national elections.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies