Senate Races 2006. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:53:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  Senate Races 2006. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Races 2006.  (Read 55874 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: November 05, 2004, 11:49:32 PM »

How about Mass?  Is Kennedy going to run again?  I remember him saying in 1994 that he wasn't going to run again.  Guess his word is good as gold :-).  This could be a competitive race if he retires, especially if Weld makes another run for the Senate.

Romney for Senate!

He wouldn't win

It would be nice to see him get maybe 46-47% of the vote though.

And if he's going against someone like Ben Affleck, he can win.

he's not William Weld. Only was elected governor because he had a very weak candidate. He is not insanely popular. He'd probably be facing one of the congressman, and he'd lose. It doesn't matter, he'll most likely run for reelection anyway, and lose to Rep. Marty Meehan.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 05:48:05 PM »

If PA-4 is an open seat in 2006, Heinz wins it. Probably as convincingly as Hart did in 2000.

How? Named ID alone isn't how you win an election. Yeah it helps but that doesn't seal the deal.

Perfect example: PA 17. PATERNO vs. Holden

Actually that was more like PATERNO vs HOLDEN. Voting out one of the best constituency reps in Congress is plain daft.

You didn't answer my question, did you?

Name ID favored Paterno. People across PA know that name especially those in PA 17. I didn't ask you your opinion on whether or not it was a good idea to vote out Holden.

Heh, believe it or not, with the crappy football season and overwhelming support of Holden...I think the name ID would go to Holden. It's hard to figure out but you don't live in this area.

I agree.  Joe Paterno is a fossil and has sh**tty football teams.  Scott Paterno looks like a "Tommy Boy". 

Scott Paterno is a fat moron.

I don't mean to bust on KeystonePhil, but I wish all Republicans had his mentality and cockiness.  He must think the GOP is going to invade certain areas.  He also thinks PA is a solidly conservative state.  I know PA is far from a liberal state, but it is nowhere near as right a KP would think. 

IrishDem, once again, I love how you tell me how I think. I have stated that PA is a conservative state. We're no Utah, we're no Wyoming. However, you're the one saying we're a "centrist" state. Sorry to bust on you, IrishDem, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm sixteen but I know my stuff.

51-49 for Kerry, pretty split, that sounds centrist to me. And the fact that Kerry won by itself means the state isn't conservative.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 11:21:48 PM »

But why would it be partisan Democrat if it was conservative? Are you saying there are lots of conservatives who voted for the guy who was labeled the #1 liberal in the Senate? (not true, but that's what was said about him)

Using your logic, I could argue Montana is a liberal state.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 11:46:18 PM »

why are the Democrats conservative? They'd have to be liberal on at least some issues if they were Democrats. Therefore while PA might be a conservative state on some issues, it'd have to be liberal on many as well. That evens out to a centrist state.

As for the poll, I'd say moderate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 02:54:31 PM »

Phil, you didn't explain. Why would a person be a Democrat if they're a 100% conservative?

Also, why did Bush win Westmoreland county and Kerry win Montgomery county then?

You might be able to say Pennsylvania is a SOCIALLY conservative state, but it sure as hell isn't an economically one, or conservative overall.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies