New Jersey Municipal Consolidation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:01:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New Jersey Municipal Consolidation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Jersey Municipal Consolidation  (Read 9403 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 12, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »

Also, I doubt the residents of "West Newark" would appreciate the name, but the name isn't that important. I considered calling it "Orange", but that would be pretty audacious considering that the current Orange is absorbed into Newark.

The name "Orange" carries with it about as much desirability of a rotting corpse. You'd be much better off selling the new town as Maplewood or Llewellyn.

I also agree that by consolidating municipalities, New Jersey could easily go the route of the New England states and abolish county government altogether.

Or keep the counties and ditch the municipalities.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:29:52 PM »

Lots of heads will explode over #24. I'd have forced the commuter suburban pieces into other districts. It might make for an ugly or unusually small district, but I'd combine Plainfield with North Plainfield and then call it a day. Honestly, Plainfield sticks out like a sore thumb and has little to do with the towns you grouped it with. North Plainfield, at least, isn't 90% white like many of the other nearby towns.

Combining those two would give you a town of 67200+, which seems workable when given how small Summit is.  Heck, you could even give Summit some of the old Plainfield territory... it'd make more sense that way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies