Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:51:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Author Topic: Axis and Allies Game II - Round 7 UK - FINISHED: AXIS WIN  (Read 52480 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »

Oh noes, my bomber! Ah well, it was a good turn. I suppose I PM you my noncombat moves now?
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »

The Soviet High Command regrets to announce that the General in charge of the last battles was accidentally killed while standing in front of a firing squad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 06:10:35 PM »

Oh noes, my bomber! Ah well, it was a good turn. I suppose I PM you my noncombat moves now?

You suppose entirely right. Also, I should mention that your fighters in Caucasus have to move away, obviously. They have movements of 1,2 and 3 respectively. Smiley
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 10:46:23 PM »

Even if you can't post dice rolls and such, could you post the moves themselves afterwards?  As in, "the Germans sent three infantry and one tank from X to Y and in the course of the battle lost one infantry while the Soviets were wiped out."
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 03:02:48 AM »

Even if you can't post dice rolls and such, could you post the moves themselves afterwards?  As in, "the Germans sent three infantry and one tank from X to Y and in the course of the battle lost one infantry while the Soviets were wiped out."

Sure.

Ukraine: Russians attack with 3 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
Germans defend with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
Russians roll dice for 3 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 1 : 4,6,3,4,6,4,4,5
Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 1 : 4,3,5,6,1,1
2 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
Russians roll dice for 3 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 2 : 4,4,1,2,3,6
Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Ukraine S.S.R., round 2 : 3,5,1,2,2
1 infantry owned by the Russians , 2 armour owned by the Russians , 2 infantry owned by the Germans , 1 artillery owned by the Russians and 1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
Russians roll dice for 1 armour and 1 fighter in Ukraine S.S.R., round 3 : 5,4
Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 fighter in Ukraine S.S.R., round 3 : 5,1
1 armour owned by the Russians lost in Ukraine S.S.R.
 retreated to Ukraine S.S.R.
Germans win

Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is -15

Belorussia: Russians attack with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 3 infantry
Germans defend with 3 infantry
Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 3 infantry in Belorussia, round 1 : 4,6,5,6,5
Germans roll dice for 3 infantry in Belorussia, round 1 : 5,1,3
1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Belorussia
Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Belorussia, round 2 : 5,2,2,2
Germans roll dice for 3 infantry in Belorussia, round 2 : 5,3,5
1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Belorussia
Russians roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 2 infantry in Belorussia, round 3 : 3,5,1,4
Germans roll dice for 2 infantry in Belorussia, round 3 : 1,5
1 infantry owned by the Russians and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Belorussia
Russians takes Belorussia from Germans
Russians win
Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is 3

Battle in 15 Sea Zone
Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 fighter and 1 transport
British defend with 1 destroyer
Germans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 fighter and 1 transport in 15 Sea Zone, round 1 : 5,1
British roll dice for 1 destroyer in 15 Sea Zone, round 1 : 3
Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Germans
1 destroyer owned by the British lost in 15 Sea Zone
Germans win
Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is 12

Battle in 1 Sea Zone
Germans attack with 1 submarine
British defend with 1 transport
Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 1 Sea Zone, round 1 : 1
1 transport owned by the British lost in 1 Sea Zone
Germans win
Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is 8

Battle in Karelia S.S.R.
Germans attack with 2 armour, 1 fighter and 7 infantry
Russians defend with 3 infantry
Germans roll dice for 2 armour, 1 fighter and 7 infantry in Karelia S.S.R., round 1 : 1,3,3,5,5,3,4,6,3,5
Russians roll dice for 3 infantry in Karelia S.S.R., round 1 : 2,5,6
3 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Karelia S.S.R.
Germans takes Karelia S.S.R. from Russians
Germans win
Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is 6

Battle in Caucasus
Germans attack with 4 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 4 fighters and 2 infantry
Russians defend with 1 aaGun, 1 factory, 2 fighters and 6 infantry
AA guns fire in Caucasus : 1,6,1,5,4
1 bomber owned by the Germans and 1 fighter owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
Germans roll dice for 4 armour, 1 artillery, 3 fighters and 2 infantry in Caucasus, round 1 : 1,2,6,3,6,6,4,2,3,6
Russians roll dice for 2 fighters and 6 infantry in Caucasus, round 1 : 3,2,4,4,5,1,4,2
4 infantry owned by the Russians , 2 infantry owned by the Germans , 1 armour owned by the Germans and 1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
Germans roll dice for 3 armour and 3 fighters in Caucasus, round 2 : 3,4,3,4,5,4
Russians roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 5,6,5,6
2 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Caucasus
Germans roll dice for 3 armour and 3 fighters in Caucasus, round 3 : 3,4,1,2,3,6
Russians roll dice for 2 fighters in Caucasus, round 3 : 1,2
2 armour owned by the Germans and 2 fighters owned by the Russians lost in Caucasus
Germans takes Caucasus from Russians
Germans win
Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is -12

Battle in Anglo Egypt
Germans attack with 2 armour and 2 infantry
British defend with 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 infantry
Germans roll dice for 2 armour and 2 infantry in Anglo Egypt, round 1 : 3,5,1,1
British roll dice for 1 armour, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Anglo Egypt, round 1 : 4,5,5
1 infantry owned by the British , 1 armour owned by the British and 1 fighter owned by the British lost in Anglo Egypt
Germans takes Anglo Egypt from British
Germans win
Battle casualty summary: Battle score (TUV change) for attacker is 18

Phew. I haven't found a way to do this without copying each line by itself so I don't know if it is worth it...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 03:16:07 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2010, 05:47:54 AM by Gustaf »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 05:03:46 AM »

The German air force retreated, spreading out from Norway in the North to the Ukraine in the South. Except for the forces standing idle in occupied France the scattered remnants of German forces moved undaunted towards the Eastern bloodbaths, while fresh armoured and air divisions were mobilized in the German heartland.

I think that you should be able to view and enlarge those pics you want a closer look at by clicking on the link below. At least, let's try that since it saves me time and space here. Tongue Let me know if it works!

http://img22.imageshack.us/g/britainround19.png/
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »

Couple of notes: I sadly realized how I think I can make screenshots of individual moves so I'm going to spend time posting those, within reason. Sad

Fun fact: Axis have now overtaken Allies in number of units: 89 v 88. They're also ahead in total unit value (600 v 574). Of course, America is yet to come, so it won't last. And Allies are still ahead in production terms: 90 v 76. The Axis need to grab another 7 IPC to catch up.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »

The British had studied the situation with grim determination. The Soviets were under heavy pressure and with the loss of Egypt the whole of Africa was looking vulnerable. Under the principle of attack being the best defence, Churchill decided to gamble with an outright attack on Norway.

With the German submarines hampering English transport capabilities, the responsibility for the invasion would lie largely with the RAF, and gathering the squadron leaders, Churchill adressed them personally with the following speech:

"It is of the utmost importance that we free Norway. That proud people has lived under German oppression long enough. We will also aid our Soviet allies in their struggle against this Realm of Darkness. You, pilots of the British empire and aces in exile, will support our brave soldiers landing on the northern shores. British fire shall reign in the skies and force the foul winged serpents of the Luftwaffe out of Norway. Go with God and the blessing of the King!"

While the battleship bombardment proved highly ineffective (the German air bases being too far inland) the British attacked with fervour to avenge their fallen comrades in Egypt. The battle was swift, with the attackers losing an infantry division and the German air force being dealt a heavy blow.

The British otherwise massed their colonial troops in Eastern Canada and India, while merging the Australian and Indian navies in the south of the Indian Ocean, the former bringing with them most of the Australian armed forces. The British naval forces also gathered around the British isles, strengthened by a new destroyer. The infantry lost in Norway was replaced by a fresh corps, while a new military industrial complex was established in South Africa to create a new centre of gravity on the African continent.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:46 AM »

This one was special as it was done directly...in the future I will try and do more close-ups of battles, promise!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »

Time for Japan's turn! Allies are now once again ahead in unit terms (90 v 87)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »

Just sent in orders.  Hopefully, those Flying Tigers will never bother me again.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 05:54:09 PM »

"It is of the utmost importance that we free Norway. That proud people has lived under German oppression long enough. We will also aid our Soviet allies in their struggle against this Realm of Darkness. You, pilots of the British empire and aces in exile, will support our brave soldiers landing on the northern shores. British fire shall reign in the skies and force the foul winged serpents of the Luftwaffe out of Norway. Go with God and the blessing of the King!"

This fired me up.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 03:21:08 AM »

This fired me up.

It should be noted that it was Turin's speech, sent in along with his orders, I just posted it. Smiley Credit goes to him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:48 AM »

Emperor Mikado* had decided to go on the offense. On Mainland Asia dual attacks were launched, both to the North and to the West.

In the pacific theatre dual assaults were also employed, with most naval forces directed against the American forces around Hawaii, with Japanese air forces thrown in for good measure. Further to the South a bold attack on the British naval forces was also launched.

*This just had to be, sorry for historical incorrectness
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 03:38:27 AM »

The Chinese fought valiantly, destroying two thirds of the Japanese ground forces but in the end were forced to surrender to their new overlords.

In the North the Russians gave up without a fight at the mere sight of the Japanese onslaught.

In the South, the battle was fierce and hard-fought from both sides. In the end the Japanese stood triumphant at a costly victory - all that remained was the Japanese battleships. The Southeastern hemisphere had been cleansed of allied ships.

In what was to be known in America as "The Second Pearl Harbour" the Japanese lost a mere submarine while wiping out an American carrier, fighter and submarine.

Overall, Japan could celebrate having wiped out a total of 61 net IPC for the enemy.

(you only get this map for non-combat moves. You can open it in a tab and enlarge it though)

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 03:42:18 AM »

The Japanese were lucky in all the battles except the naval battle against the US, where they were unlucky, but not extraordinarily so.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »

The Japanese air forces returned to their bases, bombers landing on Caroline Island, and fighters gathering on the Chinese mainland. More troops embarked on the voyage to the Asian mainland, prepared for the fierce battle awaiting to liberate the rest of Asia from imperialists and Bolsheviks.

While Japanese scientists failed at developing Heavy Bombers, further mobilization began - a fresh army corps supported by an armored corps, together with new flotillas of transports and submarines.

As before, you can open in a new tab to zoom in on the picture (I believe this might not work with IE though).

US, welcome to the game! You have all (except Mikado Wink) been very quick so far so I'm pleased with the speed of the game. Let's keep it that way!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 07:42:45 PM »

The Americans bear was finally awakening. The whole Eastern Air Command was devoted to cleansing the Atlantic of German submarines and went about their task with commendable thoroughness. Soon the Atlantic was in Allied hands.

This paved the way for the more daring American move - an immediate assault with all available units on Algeria. While suffering light losses the defending German forces were quickly swept aside and an American presence in the African theatre was suddenly threatening the Germans from behind. When Roosevelt sent the news to London there was no question as to who was the most relieved over the outcome of the American endeavors.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

Túrin Turambar
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2010, 06:25:16 AM »

Churchill held a radio speech to the British people, commenting the news of the American invasion of Algeria:

"The new world came to the aid of the old and as we are brethren peoples, so we shall fight. On the vast steppes and in the dark jungles of the African continent, the British and American forces shall fight side by side. The Atlantic is ours and from that power base, Anglo-Saxon might shall hit the German army like a Torrent of Justice. Rest assured that Britains never shall be slaves!"
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »

Gentlemen, I have in my pm box both the US non-combat moves and the Soviet combat moves (kudos to Junkie for sending those in so early - if anyone else ever ends up in a similar situation (i.e. you know the preceding player's non combat moves won't affect you) feel free to follow his example).

Unfortunately, I'm not at my home computer so I will update later tonight, Swedish time.

I'd like to take this moment to congratulate all of you for this first turn - I've seen no big mistakes, some interesting moves, speedy updates and a fairly balanced game so far.

As we open round 2 we have the Axis with a narrow lead in units (82 v 79) and total unit value (539 v 529) but the Allies ahead in total production (91 v 75). 
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »

The Americans moved their Atlantic fleet eastward to protect their transports.

The submarine-hunting fighters moved to the British Isles to support their brethren.

Finally, armed forces were mustered on the East coast...

...while naval forces were mustered on the West coast

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »

The Red Army knew they were fighting for their lives. Not just against the Germans, but also against the wrath of Stalin, should they fail in their attempts to recover the lost ground. The isolated tanks in Belorussia attempted to break out through West Russia, with aid from Archangelsk infantry while the hapless infantry divisions were left behind to sacrifice their lives for the revolution when the German forces started their inevitable assault on Belorussia.

Meanwhile, most of the forces amassed in Moscow poured out of the Russian soil to overcome the German armour in Caucasus and reclaim the vital industries of the South.

The German infantry in Belorussia gave their lives dearly for the Fatherland and the Führer, leaving only the Russian tanks on the battlefield. The German tanks in Stalingrad, however, surrendered after only a token defense.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:50 AM »

Stalin had ordered the move of all infantry around Moscow towards the Southeast, in Novosibirsk. Whether this was to keep the bureaucrats in the capital in perpetual terror or whether the soldiers had displeased him and were being deported to Siberia was anyone's guess. Meanwhile, the lost panzers of the previous battles were replaces by a seemingly endless stream of fresh tanks rolling out of the Soviet factories.

In the Far East, the garrison in Vladivostok decided to leave their positions and join the firewall in Yakut.

The Russian navy, still oblivious to the British navy's gentle hint of constantly moving out without telling them, continued to follow them around like a fawning groupie.

Germany's turn! This is probably the most important turn so far in the game and could spell the difference between doom or defeat. I mean doom and disaster. Or, whatever. You get the picture. Bacon King, let me know if there is any extra information you need, since it's such an important round. Keep in mind that you can open the map in a new tab and zoom in on it (although I'm told it doesn't work with internet explorer).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies