2008 GOP primary: Atlas forum style.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:10:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2008 GOP primary: Atlas forum style.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: who would prevail?
Shua

True Conservative

Winfield

Libertas

Duke

tb75

Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: 2008 GOP primary: Atlas forum style.  (Read 1891 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »
« edited: August 18, 2010, 06:48:15 PM by Emperor JBrase »

who would win in a primary if these forumers took the place of McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul, Giuliani, Thompson, and Hunter in that order. Primaries follow same schedule.

Discuss with maps.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »

I think Libertas is going to blow up at you for calling him a Republican.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 11:30:28 PM »

I know but I think he would be a good Ron Paul fit in this scenario. Sorry Libertas.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:10:50 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2010, 07:14:36 PM by Senator Dallasfan65 »

January 3rd: The primary season starts off a tight-race in Iowa between True Conservative and Inks. After an hour or so, Iowa is called for True Conservative by a three point margin, with Inks placing second,  Shua third, and Libertas fourth.

January 5th: The Wyoming caucuses. Winfield invests resources in this for a superficial victory.

January 8th: The New Hampshire primary. Shua overperforms polls and scores an impressive victory in this state - Winfield placing second, Inks third, True Conservative fourth, and Libertas fifth.

January 15th: A narrow but comfortable victory for Inks in his home-state, Winfield places second and True Conservative performs well in the pan-handle.

January 19th: Again, money reigning supreme, Winfield pulls this Nevada in by the end of the night, in the midst of a tight-race, with Shua placing second. In South Carolina, Duke has been losing momentum since day one and his polling nationally has sunk. Despite a concerted effort to secure a victory in his home state, the Duke camp's hopes are dashed as he places second. True Conservative picks up considerable momentum. Tb75, placing only third, suspends his campaign.

January 29th: Polls are all over the place, and inconclusive, showing statistical ties between True Conservative and Inks, with Winfield and shua vying for second. Two days before the election, an endorsement from Governor Daniel Adams provides a shot in the arm for the Inks campaign, and he wins by two points.

February 1st: Shua wins comfortably in the low-profile Maine caucuses.

February 5th: True Conservative comfortably wins Alabama and Arkansas, while also pulling off narrow victories in Tenneesee, West Virginia, and Georgia. Inks edges True Conservative out in Oklahoma and Missouri, wins in Utah, and carries Illinois by the skin of his teeth. Shua carries New Jersey, Connecticut, and Delaware, while placing second in the bitterly contested New York primary between him, Duke, and Winfield. Winfield manages to squeak victories in New York, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, and Minnesota. When the dust settles, Duke, having fallen from front-runner to caboose, winning only Massachusetts, suspends his campaign.

February 9th: Negligible momentum in these elections - Inks wins in Kansas, True Conservative in Louisiana, and Shua in Washington.

February 12th: With True Conservative having a comfortable standing and home-state bonus, he carries Virginia with little trouble. The real battle is Maryland, with, after much counting, falls into the Shua column. Winfield suspends his campaign.

February 19th: A narrow victory for Inks in Wisconsin, with Shua placing in second.

March 4th: Mini-Tuesday finds Shua carriying Vermont and Rhode Island with ease, Inks narrowly winning in Ohio and True Conservative sweeping Texas.

March 11th: True Conservative crushes his opposition in Mississippi.

April 22nd: All three candidates trying to pick up ground here - after a hotly contested Three-Way, True Conservative carries Pennsylvania with 39% by demolishing his opponents in the T, with shua carrying the suburbs.

May 6th: A victory in Indiana breathes new life into the Inks campaign, whilst True Conservative wins in North Carolina.

May 13th: Inks narrowly wins in Nebraska.

May 16th: Little surprise, the Hawaii convention pledges its delegates to Shua.

May 20th: After stiff competition, True Conservative wins Kentucky, and shua carries Oregon.

May 27th: One of the last primaries, Inks devotes the remainder of his warchest in Idaho, and wins the state narrowly.

June 3rd: The final showdown, with the competition being an outspent opponent and a moderate, True Conservative wins solidly in South Dakota.

Dead-locked convention.

Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »

True Conservative would win due to name recognition and charisma.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »

Ok, so I understand Lib is a Paul, Winfield is GodRomney...

Who else?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:52:45 PM »

Who else?

who would win in a primary if these forumers took the place of McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul, Giuliani, Thompson, and Hunter in that order? Primaries follow same schedule.

Discuss with maps.

So, shua=McCain, True Conservative=Huckabee, Winfield=Romney, Libertas=Paul, AHDuke99=Giuliani, tb75=Thompson and Inks=Hunter (why those last two, by the way?)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »

I see that Massachusetts truly is the most liberal state, no? Tongue (Duke is orange and Massachusetts is his only appearance on the map)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 01:07:06 PM »

I see that Massachusetts truly is the most liberal state, no? Tongue (Duke is orange and Massachusetts is his only appearance on the map)

Yeah, I figured "Independents" would break hard for Duke in the primary, (same reason why Shua overperforms in New Hampshire, relative to the polls.)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:06:10 PM »

Haha, there's no way I'm winning a Republican primary unless fezzy can rig the whole thing for me.

Thanks to those 3 who believed in me though. Tongue
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »

Haha, there's no way I'm winning a Republican primary unless fezzy can rig the whole thing for me.

Well, in my scenario you start with a Giuliani-esque lead, but concentrated in later states, so momentum kicks in...
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »

Who else?

who would win in a primary if these forumers took the place of McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul, Giuliani, Thompson, and Hunter in that order? Primaries follow same schedule.

Discuss with maps.

So, shua=McCain, True Conservative=Huckabee, Winfield=Romney, Libertas=Paul, AHDuke99=Giuliani, tb75=Thompson and Inks=Hunter (why those last two, by the way?)
Oops, my bad. The question mark was a typo. yeah thats right.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »

Fixed my map, since it had a couple of discrepancies with my description.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »

Well, in my scenario you start with a Giuliani-esque lead, but concentrated in later states, so momentum kicks in...

It's obvious no one in the Iowa GOP would like my policies, that's for sure.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »

Dukey always gets my vote. It's tradition baby. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: