CA: Survey USA: Brown in a tight battle with Whitman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:19:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA: Survey USA: Brown in a tight battle with Whitman
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Survey USA: Brown in a tight battle with Whitman  (Read 913 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »

New Poll: California Governor by Survey USA on 2010-08-12

Summary: D: 43%, R: 44%, I: 6%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »

Note: This is actually a pretty big surge for Brown from SUSA's last poll.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »

It will be interesting to see if Survey USA's cross-tab numbers are correct--if they are, Republicans are close to winning non-black minorities in California.

And I can say from (admittedly anecdotal) experience that it's not entirely unlikely.  Outside of Los Angeles Proper, Hispanics don't vote all that Democrat.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 03:16:33 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2010, 03:23:43 AM by sbane »

And I can say from (admittedly anecdotal) experience that it's not entirely unlikely.  Outside of Los Angeles Proper, Hispanics don't vote all that Democrat.

Bay area?

Of course in Southern California, Hispanics who live in OC or the IE seem to be more conservative than their counterparts in LA. Though some of that has to do with the whites living in those areas being very Republican (as opposed to those in LA or the bay area),and thus making it seem like the Hispanics who live there are significantly more Republican than they are.

Also I should mention that asians do sometimes vote similarly to whites for statewide offices. For example in 2006, Schwarzenegger actually got a slightly higher proportion of the asian vote as opposed to the white vote. Hispanics tend to stick with Democrats though, so it will be interesting to see if Whitman is able to change that.
Cato

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 09:46:52 AM »

Asians actually used to vote Republican all across the country.  GHWB got something like 56% of Asians in 1992.

I think a lot of them changed parties, or rather their children all joined the Democrats, because of growing social liberalism.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 12:42:39 PM »

Asians actually used to vote Republican all across the country.  GHWB got something like 56% of Asians in 1992.

I think a lot of them changed parties, or rather their children all joined the Democrats, because of growing social liberalism.

I thought Clinton won the Asian vote in 1992? And from what I've know, the main reason Asians started voting Democratic was due to the end of the Cold War. Many Asians admired the GOP for their staunch anti-Communism, but once the Cold War ended, the main incentive for them to vote GOP disappeared.
Cato

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 04:28:01 PM »

Asians are pretty law and order and they also tend to be higher income earners, so I think a lot of their trending Democrat recently has to do with social issues.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies