2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:08:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28566 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »

Mitt Romney makes stops in Missouri and Iowa with former Governor Terry Branstead, Senator Sam Brownback, and former President George HW Bush. At a rally in Burlington, Iowa, Romney makes the following remarks...

Iowa, you have a key part in this primary process. The candidate you choose in a couple months could very well likely be the Republican nominee. I've spent years in the private sector, and I know what needs to be done to get this economy back on track: smart, conservative decision. Let's cut our national deficit, create more private sector jobs, and make the government smaller. The people should be running the government, not vice-versa. I promise you all, that as President, I will do everything in my part to implement smart, conservative principles to our economic policy.
- Mitt Romney
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »

November 2007 Week 3

Democrats
Daschle 44.8%
Warner 40.2%

Pink Daschle, Brown Warner

Republicans
Romney 50.0%
Huckabee 32.3%
Tancredo 2.7%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

State Polls

Iowa

Democrats
Daschle 44.5%
Warner 40.5%

Republicans
Romney 39.6%
Huckabee 39.2%
Tancredo 6.2%

Illinois

Democrats
Daschle 49.5%
Warner 35.5%

Republicans
Romney 51.2%
Huckabee 31.1%
Tancredo 2.7%

Kentucky

Democrats
Warner 49.5%
Daschle 35.5%

Republicans
Huckabee 43.0%
Romney 37.0%
Tancredo 5.0%

Missouri

Democrats
Daschle 43.9%
Warner 41.1%

Republicans
Huckabee 42.0%
Romney 37.8%
Tancredo 5.2%
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2010, 10:39:48 AM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee announces a series of town hall meetings in Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, and Florida. In Iowa, he begins campaigning with Representative Tom Latham (IA-4).

Tom Latham says: "Mike Huckabee has the experience and the conservatism that America needs. When you go to vote in January during the Iowa caucuses, please vote for Mike. He'll do what's needed for America."

He also makes a campaign stop in West Virginia, where he gains an unexpected endorsement from Shelley Capito. Representative Capito says, "I'm certain that Mitt Romney would make a fine President. He has serious business qualifications, and I'm sure that no matter who you support in the primaries, you have to acknowledge that. However, I think that Mike is better suited as a nominee this year. He has more experience in running a government--over two terms as Arkansas governor. In today's world, it's very important that a President have enough prior experience in the government, and I have no doubts in Huckabee as far as that's conncerned."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »

Mitt Romney makes a stop in South Carolina with Senator Jim Demint.

While I think Mike Huckabee would serve well, my main concern is the fact that he raised taxes over 87 times as Governor of Arkansas. While I agree with Huckabee on many issues, taxes is not one of them. I support cuts, while he seems to support increases.

- Mitt Romney
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »

Mitt Romney tours the state of Iowa with former Governor Terry Branstead...

America is in trying times, with staggering unemployment numbers, higher taxes, and less and less families being able to send their children to college. My friends, decline can happen quickly, even to a great nation, and it's a sobering thought. Liberty is the right to be free, in our conscience, in our mind, free in our decisions making. We have the pursuit of happiness. This was a radical concept: what I produce belongs to me, not the king, and not the government. These are the ideals that animated the founding fathers, and these are the same ideas that will be implemented under a Romney administration! Thank you, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

Vice-President Dick Cheney endorses Congressman Tancredo: "I think Tom is the best bet to get terrorism and illegal immigration under control. We need someone with a conservative philosophy and the will to do the right things."

Governor Rick Perry (R-Texas) also endorses Congressman Tancredo: "Texas, the border states, and most of the U.S. has been abused by illegals, and I think Tom is the best bet to get this mess under control."
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »

November 2007 Week 4

Democrats
Daschle 44.8%
Warner 40.2%

Republicans
Romney 48.5%
Huckabee 31.3%
Tancredo 5.2%

State Polls

Iowa

Democrats
Warner 43.0%
Daschle 42.0%

Republicans
Romney 39.3%
Huckabee 39.2%
Tancredo 6.5%

California

Democrats
Daschle 50.7%
Warner 34.3%

Republicans
Romney 69.7%
Huckabee 14.7%
Tancredo 0.6%

Colorado

Democrats
Daschle 45.1%
Warner 39.9%

Republicans
Romney 51.7%
Huckabee 16.7%
Tancredo 11.6%

South Carolina

Democrats
Warner 54.1%
Daschle 30.9%

Republicans
Romney 37.1%
Huckabee 36.8%
Tancredo 11.1%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2010, 11:18:28 AM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

At a joint rally in New Orleans, Senator's Murkowski and Vitter both endorse Mitt Romney, citing his economic experience as the main reason for their support.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:07 AM »

At a joint rally in New Orleans, Senator's McCain and Vitter both endorse Mitt Romney, citing his economic experience as the main reason for their support.

McCain endorsed Tancredo. Remember?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »

At a joint rally in New Orleans, Senator's McCain and Vitter both endorse Mitt Romney, citing his economic experience as the main reason for their support.

ElectoralJew confirmed it, but then messaged me this morning tell me he's been taken. I'll edit it. Thank you for mentioning this in a respectful way.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »

It was a mistake on my part.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »

Mike Huckabee campaigns in Iowa, visiting Ames, Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. He appears with Chuck Grassley, Steve King and Tom Latham. He then goes to campaign in Oklahoma alongside representatives John Sullivan and Tom Cole.

Cole says, "This is a very important decision for the Republicans to make. While all of the candidates are very respectable, I think that Mike Huckabee is the best choice for the Republican party, and I encourage all Republicans to vote for him in the primaries. He has the conservative record and the experience to lead the Republicans in 2008."

He then campaigns in South Carolina with Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer, and in Florida with Senator Mel Martinez and Lt. Governor Jeff Kottkamp.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

Mike Huckabee campaigns in Iowa, visiting Ames, Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. He appears with Chuck Grassley, Steve King and Tom Latham. He then goes to campaign in Oklahoma alongside representatives John Sullivan and Tom Cole.

Cole says, "This is a very important decision for the Republicans to make. While all of the candidates are very respectable, I think that Mike Huckabee is the best choice for the Republican party, and I encourage all Republicans to vote for him in the primaries. He has the conservative record and the experience to lead the Republicans in 2008."

He then campaigns in South Carolina with Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer, and in Florida with Senator Mel Martinez and Lt. Governor Jeff Kottkamp.
I have Steve King. ElectoralJew just confirmed it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »

Mitt Romney campaigns heavily with Ross Perot and Terry Branstead in Burlington, Ceder Rapids, and Des Moine, Iowa. Afterwards, he takes a bus tour with Ross Perot through Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and finally in South Carolina, where he barnstorms with Governor Sanford and Senator's Graham and Demint.

The fact is, this economy is going to collapse completely at any second, mainly due to the many mistakes made by the last couple of administrations. I'm an economist and a businessman. I know what it takes to fuel and economy and keep it running strong. And friends, the policies that would be implemented under a Romney administration are exactly what this country needs. If you care at all about this nation's economic future, then you should really consider voting for Mitt Romney.
- Ross Perot

After the bus tour, Mitt Romney flies up to New Hampshire and Massachusetts where he appears at multiple fundraisers hosted by Senator Sununu and Governor Rell.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2010, 02:10:19 PM »

That's not correct. I've used Steve King in my posts before, and you haven't. Also, I requested him, and it was granted. I'll post the PMs on request.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

Mitt Romney makes campaign stops in Iowa, where he participates in multiple town hall events with former popular Governor Terry Branstead.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2010, 02:43:37 PM »

Oh crap, TC's right. I missed it because it was really far back in my PM's. Sorry again. Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »

Elizabeth Cheney holds a press conference in Boulder, Colorado...

Today, I am announcing my support for Mitt Romney. Just a few hours ago, I accepted a position as a senior adviser on his campaign, and I look forward to a President Romney in 2009. I have the utmost respect for my father and his candidate, Mike Huckabee, but at the end of the day, I truly believe our nation will see great days under a Romney administration, and I look forward to helping his campaign in every way possible. Thank you, and God Bless.

(While many may accuse this of being unrealistic since she is not supporting the candidate her father supports, Elizabeth Cheney actually did endorse Romney in 2008 and worked on his campaign.)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »

December 2007 Week 1

Democrats
Daschle 46.8%
Warner 43.2%

Republicans
Romney 50.0%
Huckabee 33.6%
Tancredo 6.4%

NO STATE POLLS REQUESTED
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »

In Iowa City, Iowa, Iowa University President Sally Mason officially endorses Mitt Romney, with Mitt and his family standing beside her...

As a mother, educator, and concerned citizen, I have a lot of issues with the way this nation is being run. Running a country is similar to running a university...it's a lot of work! There's one candidate in this race that I know we can count on to run this nation the right way, and that man is Mitt Romney! I encourage everyone to vote for him for President in January!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2010, 09:49:35 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

Mitt Romney travels around the state of Iowa with his family, Sally Mason, and former Governor Terry Branstead. He promises to fight higher taxes and make clean energy, especially ethanol, a top priority in his administration.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »

December 2007 Week 2

Democrats
Daschle 46.3%
Warner 43.7%

Republicans
Romney 51.1%
Huckabee 33.1%
Tancredo 5.8%

Iowa

Democrats
Warner 48.0%
Daschle 42.0%

Republicans
Romney 43.1%
Huckabee 37.7%
Tancredo 9.2%

Michigan

Democrats
Daschle 50.0%
Warner 40.0%

Republicans
Romney 46.8%
Huckabee 38.4%
Tancredo 4.8%

Nevada

Democrats
Daschle 51.0%
Warner 39.0%

Republicans
Romney 69.8%
Huckabee 10.1%
Tancredo 10.1%

South Carolina

Democrats
Warner 55.0%
Daschle 35.0%

Republicans
Huckabee 44.8%
Romney 35.2%
Tancredo 10.0%

Florida

Democrats
Daschle 48.0%
Warner 42.0%

Republicans
Romney 47.5%
Huckabee 38.7%
Tancredo 3.8%

General Election Matchups

Romney 46%
Daschle 42%

Huckabee 40%
Daschle 40%

Dachle 41%
Tancredo 28%

Romney 46%
Warner 40%

Warner 39%
Huckabee 38%

Warner 37%
Tancredo 25%
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2010, 10:05:28 PM »

Mike Huckabee campaigns in Ames, Cedar Rapids and Iowa City in Iowa, with Senator Chuck Grassley and Representatives Tom Latham and Steve King. He also appears in Florida with Jeff Kottkamp and Mel Martinez. In Tennessee, he appears in Nashville and Knoxville with Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander, and Representative Marsha Blackburn. Finally, he visits the state of Texas, where he recieves 2 new endorsements, from Senators Kay Hutchison and John Cornyn.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »

Mitt Romney campaigns in Texas and Iowa with former President George HW Bush. Afterwards, he flies to California, where he is endorsed by two rising Republican stars: Carly Fiorina and Meg Whitman. Both emphasize their economic experience and how they agree with Romney's ideas.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2010, 06:52:33 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2010, 07:44:32 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

December 2007 Week 3

Upcoming Primaries

January Week 1- Iowa, Wyoming (R)
January Week 2- New Hampshire
January Week 3- Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina (R)
January Week 4- South Carolina (D)

Democrats
Daschle 45.8%
Warner 44.2%

Republicans
Romney 50.3%
Huckabee 34.5%
Tancredo 5.2%

NO STATE POLLS REQUESTED

General Election Matchups