2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28440 times)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »
« edited: August 16, 2010, 08:09:05 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

You know the candidates and scenerio.
Polling every two days will be worth a week. PM me for endorsements, and state polling. Be Kind to each other. Go.

Democrats
Bill Richardson-Barnes
Mark Warner-tb75
Tom Daschle-sirnick

Republicans
Mitt Romney-Tmthforu94
Mike Huckabee-True Conservative
Tom Tancredo-feeblepizza

Starting Point Polling (Week 4 September 07)

Democrats
Richardson 40%
Warner 30%
Daschle 20%

Pink Daschle, Brown Warner, Red Richardson

Republicans
Romney 52.5%
Huckabee 25.5%
Tancredo 3.5%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

This national polling was done scientifically.
For the democrats I used the Dec 06 polls and times them by ten. (Because Warner and Daschle weren't included in the polls after that.
The Republicans were more simple, as I just multiplied Romney, Huckabee, and Tancredo's number averages from October 07 by 5.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:03:39 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2010, 06:07:13 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee starts his campaign with visits in Iowa, Michigan and Florida. Among his more important campaign stops, he adresses crowds in Ames, Iowa and St. Petersburg, Florida. There, he takes note of his socially conservative credentials, and states that he is the best chance for conservatives to win the Republican nomination, and from there, the White House.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »

Mitt Romney holds a rally at the Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan where he announces his intentions to run for President. Here are clips of his speech...

.....Innovation and transformation have been at the heart of America's success from the very beginning. And if there ever was a time when innovation and transformation were needed in government, it is now.....I believe that the family is the foundation of America and that it needs to be protected and strengthen. I believe in the sanctity of human life.....Today, I announce my candidacy for the Republican nomination. It's time for America to get back on track economically, and I believe I have the best economic record of any candidate in this race. Let's get back on track America. Let's elect true strength for America's future. Thank you, and God Bless!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »

In Concord, New Hampshire, Senator Judd Gregg makes a fiery speech endorsing Mitt Romney for President...

This is a crucial hour in American history. Now more than ever, we need real leaders to work to fix our economic problems. Democrats have been letting Americans down for the past 2 years and it's time to show them we mean business! Now is not the time for timid, reckless, liberal leadership.  Now is the time for strong leadership that will fight for a lower deficit, a smaller government, lower taxes, and more power to the people so that as one nation, we can all come together to bring this nation back to it's glory days! And friends, now is the time for that leader to emerge; a beacon of hope for all America. I am proud to endorse the next President of the United States of America, my dear friend, Governor Mitt Romney!

Romney begins to lay the groundwork to his campaign, focusing heavily on the lead-off states. He has also begun investing in large delegate prizes, such as New York and California, as he hopes to clinch the nomination on Super Tuesday.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2010, 08:36:51 PM by Assemblyman Barnes »

Governor Richardson travels to Kansas and talks about his pro Second Amendment views:

"I believe in the right of each American to keep and bear arms.  I think that that's just a common sense issue.  Of course, we need some restrictions on gun ownership, however, I carry a gun, and if you are a law abiding, taxpaying citizen, you should be allowed to carry one, too!"

Next, Governor Richardson travels to Kansas City, Missouri and give a speech about Universal Health Care:

"The right to be healthy is a fundamental right for every American. Rich or poor, black, white, Latino, you name it, we all have the right to a free, quality healthcare system. It's truly a shame to me that the richest nation in the world can't afford to keep its own people healthy."

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »

Mark Warner declares his intentions to run in his hometown of Alexandria, Virginia:

"My Fellow Americans, today i am announcing my intentions of running for the Democratic nomination of President of the United States. This is the beginning of  along, and arduous road, but a road the i believe me and my campaign will survive and conquer.  Let's face the facts, for the last six years we have had unsteady and at times horrible leadership by the Republicans and President Bush, who despite having strong religious and personal beliefs, has not been the leader we need in tough times. But, I believe that I am the man to fix everything. I believe in the America that has not been since the start of the decade, a strong and prosperous country with strong and respectable leadership. But, me and my campaign needs your help, we cannot do it alone. It will be a long journey, but starting today, America will have a clear and logical choice. Thank you all for coming, and see you all on the campaign trail."

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 08:48:49 PM »

Governor Richardson travels to Iowa, and holds a series of town hall style meetings throughout the day. They are focused mainly on ending the Iraq War and energy independence. The day cumulates with Richardson in Cedar Rapids, blasting the energy policy of the Bush Administration:

"While I wouldn't grade President Bush highly on many thing, one issue, energy, the new frontier of the 21st century, I would give him an F.  No questions asked.

While the Republicans have been giving tax breaks and loopholes to oil companies, we've had to pay more on gas, and watch as America is left behind as other countries race towards a green energy future."

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »

Former Senator and Majority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota announces his candidacy for President of the United States in Des Moines, Iowa.

"Let there be no doubt: the state of our union is strong - stronger than the terrorists who seek to harm us and stronger than the challenges that confront us. At the same time, we know that our union can be stronger still. It is my goal as President, to strengthen this union amongst our sometimes bitterly divided people...Bipartisanship isn't an option anymore; it is a requirement. The American people have divided responsibility for leadership right down the middle. We must work together to keep America ahead of China, ahead of Russia, ahead of Japan and on top of the world. Together we keep America great, together we keep America safe, strong and secure, and together we can keep the American dream a reality for millions of people"

Tom Daschle will finish out the week on a listening tour in Iowa.

I would also like to note, Tom Daschle have privately made sure that he is up to date on all his taxes and finances.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2010, 10:14:57 PM by Assemblyman Barnes »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".

When asked who the Richardson advertisement was pointed at a Daschle spokesman  responds humorously with "Well, since Governor Richardson is the oldest person in the Democratic primary, I think that makes him the old Democrat!"
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".

A Daschle spokesman is asked about the advertisement and responds humorously with "Well, since Governor Richardson is a in fact a month older than Senator Daschle, that makes him the old Democrat."

Out of game: Wink
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »

A Daschle spokesman is asked about the advertisement and responds humorously with "Well, since Governor Richardson is a in fact a month older than Senator Daschle, that makes him the old Democrat."

Out of game: Wink

Out of game: Hah, I altered it a little bit but the same idea Tongue
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »

Governor Warner updates his campaign, even creating the motto for the Warner campaign "Hope for America", and releases campaign items across the country.

Warner Hope Sticker

Warner Campaign Logo
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2010, 05:34:14 PM by feeblepizza »

Congressman Tom Tancredo starts his presidential campaign in April 2007 with speeches in Colorado, Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina:

"I am starting this presidential campaign here and now for you - I am tired of our way of life being corroded by weasly politicians who do not want economic prosperity, who do not want secure borders, and who do not want a strong national defense. I'm not backed by big money or lobbyists, so I need you the American people to back me up here. You are the reason I am running and the reason I will stay in the race until the very end, fighting for you!!!"

700 people or so come to each rally, and he gains a moderate web of supporters all over the Internet. His the biggest grassroots campaign of the 08 election season.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »

Tom Daschle continues his trip around Iowa and says during a brief press conference "I'm hearing a lot about peoples problems here in Iowa and more importantly their ideas. These are ideas I've heard in South Dakota, and I'm looking forward to hearing from more Americans in the coming months and incorporating their ideas into my campaigns before we roll out our plan for America."
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »

October 2007 Week 1

Democrats
Richardson 34.3%
Warner 26.4%
Daschle 19.3%

Pink Daschle, Brown Warner, Red Richardson

Pickups:
Daschle- DE, IA
Warner- OK
Richardson- MO

Republicans
Romney 50.8%
Huckabee 24.6%
Tancredo 4.6%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

Pickups:
Romney- KY, IN
Huckabee- GA, MO

State Polling

Florida

Democrats
Warner 28.9%
Richardson 25.9%
Daschle 25.2%

Republicans
Romney 51.1%
Huckabee 24.4%
Tancredo 4.5%

Iowa

Democrats
Daschle 29.3%
Warner 28.4%
Richardson 22.3%

Republicans
Huckabee 39.6%
Romney 34.8%
Tancredo 5.6%
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »

Mike Huckabee garners important endorsements in Iowa, from Senator Chuck Grassley and Representative Steve King, and in Florida, from Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp. Grassley says--

"Iowans and Americans, there is a choice now. There is the Democratic party, which if elected will continue to push a liberal agenda that has done us no good so far. But who are we to support, if not them? After all, the Republicans have a choice as well. That is why I invite you to make the right choice, and vote for my friend, Michael Dale Huckabee. He is the best chance for conservatives to take on the Democrats in 2008."

Huckabee also begins to run advertisements in Iowa and Florida.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Tancredo gains over 500,000 fans on FaceBook, MySpace, and YouTube. He gains crucial endorsements from Chris Simcox, Arizona Senator John McCain, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul. He has an Internet campaign in full swing, and is traveling all over Iowa:

"I hope to God that we can save this nation from illegal immigrants, suppressed economic growth, and radical jihad. People are coming to together in a grassroots movement, and are speaking out for the real change that they need. I am proud of my nation and I hope you are ready to maintain our greatness."
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 06:20:06 PM »

Tancredo gains over 500,000 fans on FaceBook, MySpace, and YouTube. He gains crucial endorsements from Chris Simcox, Arizona Senator John McCain, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul. He has an Internet campaign in full swing, and is traveling all over Iowa:

"I hope to God that we can save this nation from illegal immigrants, suppressed economic growth, and radical jihad. People are coming to together in a grassroots movement, and are speaking out for the real change that they need. I am proud of my nation and I hope you are ready to maintain our greatness."

I don't remembr ever giving you those endorsements.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry Tongue

Please forgive me, I just kind of glazed over the instructions......do I PM you for permission or something?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry Tongue

Please forgive me, I just kind of glazed over the instructions......can I PM you for permission or something?

yeah. You can keep the post though because luckily for you no one has taken them yet. They're yours.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 07:21:56 PM »

(I'm sorry, I don't have the time for this right now)

Governor Richardson drops out of the Presidential race and endorses former Senator Tom Daschle:

"You know, I have criticized Tom's campaign before, but, the worst of you can really come out in a campaign some times. Tom really has the right idea for America, and I'm glad to be supporting him!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »

Tom Daschle thanks Governor Richardson for his endorsement at a campaign event in New Mexico. "I know that Governor Richardson will continue standing up for the people of New Mexico and all Americans...I look forward to working with the Governor in the future..."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 06:32:59 AM »

Governor Mitt Romney campaigns with Governor Charlie Crist in Florida, where he focuses heavily on his economic plan and social issues.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »

Senator McCain campaigns heavily for Congressman Tancredo all over Arizona: "Tom is a reformer like me. He wants to work with you, not for the lobbyists in Washington. Tom is a servant of the people, and he wants you - not just in Arizona but all around the nation - to come out and rally behind the cause for reform."

Ron Paul's massive Internet following now moves in full mobilization toward Tancredo. He has reached 1,000,000 fans on FaceBook and MySpace. In a CBS interview he says: "I'm honored to have people get so geared up about reform, and their getting behind me. I just think it's great."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies