2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:33:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28510 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »

Mike Huckabee tours the state of Missouri, where he appears with an important new endorsement, Senator Kit Bond. Bond says, "As a former Governor myself, I cannot understate the importance of experience to presidential candidates. Mike Huckabee has served the people of Arkansas for ten years, and he has what it takes to carry the Republicans to victory in November. I am endorsing his Presidential campaign, and encourage Republicans to vote for him.  He's the best man in the race, and we can win with Mike!" He subsequently visits Ames and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and holds a series of town hall meetings. He also appears in several rallies with Senator Chuck Grassley.

He then travels to North Carolina, where he is endorsed by Richard Burr, and to Virginia, where he appears with Rob Wittman, Eric Cantor and Frank Wolf, as well as a new endorsement, Represenative Randy Forbes.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »

Tonight on Sean Hannity, conservative writer and columnist Laura Ingram sits down with Hannity...

Hannity: What do you make of the 2008 race, and who do you support?
Ingram: Well, I'm surprised there are only three candidates in this race. In open elections in the past, we've seen as many as 10-15 candidates. I think Mitt Romney has definitely benefited with some big name endorsements, including Mark Levin who endorsed him today, and we see him with a large lead in national polling. Personally, I'll go ahead and announce it, but I have decided to endorse Mitt Romney. I'm skeptical our economy isn't quite as good as many believe, and I think Mitt as President could ensure economic security for years to come. His road to the nomination isn't as easy as it may appear. He's struggling against Huckabee in Iowa, and is also trailing by moderate margins in South Carolina and Florida. It also should be troubling to his campaign when he is only winning in Michigan by 8 points.
Hannity: Thank you, Laura. I also plan on voting for Mitt Romney on Super Tuesday, and I sincerely hope he becomes our party's nominee. What we need now more than ever is a conservative leader who won't raise taxes, and Mitt's the only candidate who fits that bill.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2010, 07:53:25 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

At a rally in Ceder Rapids, Iowa, Mitt Romney thanks his latest endorsers, accompanied by Terry Branstead, former President George H.W. Bush, Mike Pence, and Senator Orin Hatch.

Each day, more and more Americans are joining our campaign, and I thank them for that. Our message is clear and precise: It's time to get a government working for the people, not people depending on the government. Smaller government, lower taxes, and finding alternative fuel sources, like ethanol, are only a few of the major policies that will be implemented under a Romney administration. Let's extend the Bush tax cuts to provide relief to Americans. I can promise you, taxes will not be raised 87 times if I am President of America, and I will not pardon anyone I please. I'm proud of my record on crime, and I'm proud that I'm not the Governor who's given out a record amount of pardons. Thank you all, God Bless, and God Bless America!
- Mitt Romney

After a tour of Iowa, Mitt Romney heads to the Rust Belt, where he makes stops in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Along the way, he is accompanied by Congressman Pete Hoekstra, Senator Arlen Specter, Governor Tim Pawlenty, Andy Reid, and Robert Dole.

America can only stay a great nation if we have great leaders! Mitt Romney is a great leader, and will be a great President. I ask all of you Minnesotans to give your vote to Mitt Romney. Give your vote to a man who will fight for you, not the special interests!
- Tim Pawlenty
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »

Mitt Romney makes two stops in Missouri and Tennessee, where he is endorsed by former actor and Senator Fred Thompson as well as former Senator Jim Talent.

I actually considered a run myself. But one thing that stopped me from running is the fact that we already have a candidate with true conservative credentials in this race, which is Mitt Romney. I endorse him, and I ask all of you to vote for him with me on Super Tuesday.
- Fred Thompson
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 08:02:22 PM »

Mitt Romney holds a massive rally in Marietta, Georgia, where he receives the support and endorsement of the following Georgians:
Secretary of State Karen Handel
Lt. Governor Casey Cagle
Congressman Nathan Deal
Congressman Tom Price

Friends, I am well aware of the importance of Georgia. Many say the South is lost for the Romney campaign, and that Huckabee will sweep this region. Friends, lets prove those pundits wrong. We can win in the South, and we will. We're going to take Iowa! We're going to take New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina! Georgians, we're going to take this state of Georgia! The people of Georgia and all across this nation are tired of the partisan games being played in Washington. It's time for a leader who can bring everyone together under one banner: Americans. That will be my goal as President. Earmarks will not only be wiped out of liberal bills, but out of conservative ones as well. I ask for your vote on Super Tuesday. Thank you, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney

My constituents, one candidate sticks out in this race as a true conservative who will fight for our dollars in Washington, and that man is with us today - Mitt Romney. Let's show Washington who's boss and elect an outsider who will go in there and shake things up! Let's elect Mitt Romney!

- Congressman Tom Price
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »

Mike Huckabee pays a visit to Atlanta, Georgia, where he appears with Governor Sonny Perdue and Senator Johnny Isakson, as well as a new endorsement, anti-tax Representative John Linder. In an interview after the event, Linder states that he endorsed Huckabee in part because "no matter what the Romney campaign says to the contrary, I'm convinced that Huckabee is an opponent of excess taxation. In particular, I very much appluaded his Tax Me More Fund which he established as Arkansas governor. It may make Mike look pro-tax, yes, but it was actually established to call out the hypocrisy of those calling for tax increases. I don't think anyone who's actually pro-tax would do that." It is speculated in the media that Huckabee is looking to seriously address the issues of taxation brought up by Mitt Romney.

He then visits Tennessee where he appears with 2 new endorsements, Jimmy Duncan and Zach Wamp, and Missouri, where he is endorsed by Represenatives Sam Graves and Kenny Hulshof. Finally, he makes visits to Grand Rapids and Lansing, Michigan. He has just recieved 3 endorsements from the state--Representatives Dave Camp, Mike Rogers and Thad McCotter.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »

Mark Warner makes his first appearance in a long time, campaigning in Iowa and New Hampshire
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2010, 01:08:22 AM »

Mike Huckabee makes a tour of the state of Iowa. He campaigns with Chuck Grassley, Tom Latham and Steve King, as well as Kit Bond, from the neighboring state of Missouri. In particular, Huckabee appears at a local Republican rally in Iowa City.

"My message is simple--we need a true conservative Republican. As far as policy is concerned, I won't reverse my stance from recognizing the sanctity of human life to preserving and protecting a woman's right to choose, or back. I won't sign legislation that makes it even harder to own a gun. More than that, I also have the needed experience to run for president. I've served 10 years as governor of Arkansas, and I've remained on good terms with Arkansas voters. Shortly before leaving office, a University of Arkansas poll indicated that I had a 55% approval rating, with only 32% disapproving. So, if you want a conservative Republican with the experience and what it takes to win, I hope you'll consider voting for me in January. Thank you all, and God bless America!" --Mike Huckabee

Representative John Linder also stumps for Mike Huckabee in Iowa. Asked about taxation, Linder says, "Though some taxes have been raised in Arkansas, I think Huckabee's the more conservative candidate, and I think we're ignoring the many tax cuts that took place under his administration. Further, the Tax Me More Fund, despite seeming like a new tax, was actually Huckabee's idea to expose the hypocrisy of those calling for higher taxes. It was a huge success in proving its point, and I don't think it's a very pro-taxation thing to do. For that matter, let's look at Mitt Romney. It's true that he didn't raise taxes--he raised fees instead. And consider this: would you rather pay an additional $100 in taxes, or an additional $100 in fees? Whatever the case, Romney was open to increasing revenue, he simply bypassed the tax label and called the hikes 'fees.'"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »

Mitt Romney holds a series of townhall meetings in the heart of Iowa. He is accompanied by former Governor Terry Branstead.

I'm asking for your vote on the upcoming Iowa caucus. I'm a family man, with sons of my own, and I'm concerned about my kids and grandkids future. I'm running for President in the hopes that I can leave them, and your children, a better world. I'm running as a compassionate conservative, and I will lead as a compassionate conservative. If elected, I will fight for you, your children, and their future. Thank you.
- Mitt Romney
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »

Mitt Romney releases a new ad in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida. He also has the ad going in the Atlanta stations, as well as other major-city ones across America...

Announcer: Crime...an important issue. America has rising crime rates, and more and more Americans are at risk. What has Mike Huckabee done to help this? Nothing but pardon exactly 1,058 criminals. Is that a record America can afford?
Romney: I'm Mitt Romney. As Governor of Massachusetts, I didn't pardon criminals. I made them pay the price, many of them who endangered other innocent Americans. Elect me as your President, and I won't be soft on crime, I'll be tough on it. Protecting your children and mine will be one of my top priorities as your President.

Mitt Romney is continuing to campaign across the state of Iowa, but also has planned stops in Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee in the coming days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »

This is KWWL, channel 7 in Ceder Falls, Iowa...

Reporter 1: With the important Iowa caucuses coming up, today was a big day with many news stories. Both Republican candidates and Democratic candidate Mark Warner have been traveling all across the Hawkeye state in hopes of clinching a win on caucus night.
Report 2: Today was a big day for Mitt Romney. Today, former Governor Robert Day, as well as many Iowa state Representatives, Senators, and other Republican leaders all endorsed Mitt Romney at a press conference today. Mitt Romney was not on hand, as he was at the northern part of the state barnstorming with former Governor Terry Branstead. He will be holding a meet and greet/fundraiser with many of these leaders tonight in Des Moine Iowa. This is certainly a boost for the Romney campiagn, and it will be interesting to see how it affects the polls. Here is a complete list of all the Republicans who endorsed Mitt today:

Christopher Rants (Minority Leader in Iowa House)
Paul McKinley(Minority Leader for Iowa Senate)
Former Governor Robert D. Ray
Bob Vander Plaats
Former Congressman Jim Ross Lightfoot
Chuck Soderberg State Representative (R)
Rich Anderson State Representative (R)
Linda Miller State Representative (R)
Steven Olson State Representative (R)
Dave Deyoe State Representative (R)
Doug Struyk State Representative (D)
Greg Forristall State Representative (R)
Tami Wiencek State Representative (R)
Ralph Watts State Representative (R)
Jodi Tymeson State Representative (R)
Dave Tjepkes State Representative (R)
Brad Zaun State Senator (R)
Dave Mulder State Senator (R)
David Johnson State Senator (R)
James F. Hahn State Senator (R)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »

Mitt Romney continues a blitz on Iowa with former Governors Branstead and Ray as well as local state representatives and senators.

Now is the time for a true conservative. Someone who will stand up to Washington lobbyists and put the people over politics! Friends, now is the time for Willard Romney to be elected President of the United States! Let's start this journey with a win in Iowa and end it with the White House. Thank you, and I ask you all vote for Mitt Romney on caucus day!
- Bob Vander Plaats
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »

With hopes of sealing up the nomination on Super Tuesday, Mitt Romney has prominent Republicans from all over the nation campaigning for him in both leadoff and Super Tuesday states...

Tim Pawlenty: Bloomington, Minnesota; Plymouth, Minnesota; Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Nathan Deal/Casey Cagle: Dalton, Georgia; Calhoun, Georgia; Rome, Georgia
Tom Price: Marietta, Georgia; Alpharetta, Georgia
Judd Gregg: Pittsburgh, New Hampshire; Colebrook, New Hampshire
John Sununu: Concord, New Hampshire; Newport, New Hampshire
Bobby Jindal: Alexandria, Louisiana; Leesville, Louisiana
John Thune: Linton, North Dakota; Ft. Yates, North Dakota
John Ensign/Jim Gibbons: Reno, Nevada; Las Vegas, Nevada
Mark Sanford: Columbia, South Carolina; Charlestown, South Carolina
Lindsey Graham: Seneca, South Carolina; Anderson, South Carolina
Jim Demint: Greenville, South Carolina; Spartanburg, South Carolina
Charlie Crist: St. Petersburg, Florida; Clearwater, Florida
Pete Hoekstra: Detroit, Michigan; Lansing, Michigan
Jim Talent: King City, Missouri; Columbia, Missouri
Fred Thompson: Clarksville, Tennessee; Nashville, Tennessee
George HW Bush: Dallas, Texas; Austin, Texas (Fundraisers)
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »

December 2007 Week 4

(IOWA TOMORROW)

Upcoming Primaries

January Week 1- Iowa, Wyoming (R)
January Week 2- New Hampshire
January Week 3- Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina (R)
January Week 4- South Carolina (D)
January Week 5- Florida, Maine (R)

Democrats
Daschle 45.0%
Warner 45.0%

Pink Daschle, Brown Warner

Republicans
Romney 50.8%
Huckabee 35.5%
Tancredo 3.7%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

Iowa

Democrats
Warner 49.0%
Daschle 41.0%

Republicans
Romney 43.6%
Huckabee 40.5%
Tancredo 5.9%

New Hampshire

Democrats
Warner 46.0%
Daschle 44.0%

Republicans
Romney 71.3%
Huckabee 15.3%
Tancredo 3.4%

Nevada

Democrats
Daschle 47.0%
Warner 43.0%

Republicans
Romney 73.9%
Tancredo 9.2%
Huckabee 6.9%

Georgia

Democrats
Warner 50.0%
Daschle 40.0%

Republicans
Huckabee 42.6%
Romney 41.9%
Tancredo 5.5%

Oklahoma

Democrats
Warner 52.0%
Daschle 38.0%

Republicans
Romney 40.3%
Huckabee 40.0%
Tancredo 9.7%

General Election Matchups

Romney 47%
Daschle 41%

Huckabee 41%
Daschle 39%

Dachle 41%
Tancredo 29%

Romney 46%
Warner 40%

Warner 39%
Huckabee 38%

Warner 39%
Tancredo 25%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »

Romney places a call to his top political strategist...
Adviser: Hello, Governor Romney. What can I do for you?
Romney: You can advice me. How do things look?
Adviser: Well, Iowa is looking good for us, but we have to keep the momentum on our side, and not Huckabee's. We're looking great in New Hampshire, Wyoming, and Nevada, and I really don't think we need to spend much more time there besides a stop on election day. From then on, we've fallen behind in Michigan, but I think we'll gain that back, and South Carolina and Florida go either way. If we can win at least three of Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina, and Florida, I think we'll be great going into election day.
Romney: Thanks. We have some free time between Iowa and Michigan. In between, let's solidify Michigan and start peeling away some Southern states, such as Missouri, Tennessee, and Georgia. All are winnable for our campaign. I'm actually surprised we're up in Oklahoma, but we'll take that.
Adviser: Let's focus on a win tomorrow in Iowa. I think we have it, but we need to keep campaigning to make sure.
Romney: Great. Thank you, and God Bless

Romney spends the afternoon touring the Northern half of Iowa, and even attended a Methodist church, saying he was extremely accepting and tolerant of all Christian religions, but recognizes there is a separation of church and state and won't use the Presidency as a pulpit.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »

Vice-President Dick Cheney tours Iowa in support of Congressman Tancredo.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »

Senator John McCain tours New Hampshire in support of Congressman Tancredo.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »

At a D.C. press conference, Senator Joseph Lieberman makes a stunning announcement...
The fact is, I'm sick of the partisan politics being played in Washington. That's why I'm proud to be an Independent - someone who will vote for whichever party has the best ideas. I think we need a President who shares the same values which I why I announce my support for Mitt Romney. This evening, I will be driving to New Hampshire, where I am excited to begin my first campaigning of 2008, campaigning for "My Man Mitt".

Also that day, Arkansas Congressman John Boozman endorsed Romney...
I know many expect me to endorse Huckabee simply because we're from the state. But I cannot do that, simply because I have a problem voting for someone for our nominee who raised my taxes as a citizen of Arkansas. I have more faith in Mitt than I do Mike, which is why I'm endorsing him.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »

Mark Warner's campaign speech in Iowa:

"America believes in change. Change has occurred all across our history, both in good times in bad. We are in a bad place right now Ladies and Gentleman, our economy is mediocre, we are in two foreign wars that are in stalemate, and reputation around the world is a joke. We deserve better, our country is not a joke, our country is the best nation in the world, but we can do better. If i am elected, we will be back to were we deserve to be, the economy will be at it's bets for the first time in seven years, and we will win the wars that we are involved in. But, our campaign starts with everyone of you. You the voters, are the King and Queens of American Politics, as each and every one of you make important decision in the booth every chance you all get. I need your help, vote for Warner in the Iowa Caucus and you all win not be disappointed. Thank You!"

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »

Tom Tancredo and his supporters hold a rally in Olathe, Kansas, where several conservative icons endorse him. Among those are:

Former Vice-President Dan Quayle
Former First Lady Nancy Reagan
Arizona Senator Jon Kyl
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
Conservative radio personality and activist Glenn Beck
Conservative radio personality, activist, and Dr. Michael Savage
General David Patreus (spoke via satellite)
Wyoming Senators Mike Enzi and John Baraso
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
Arizona Lt. Governor Jan Brewer

Also in attendance were Senator John McCain, Chris Simcox, Congressman Ron Paul, Vice-President Dick Cheney, and Governor Rick Perry.

Each spoke in support of Tancredo's fights for reform. They compared him to Ronald Reagan, John Kennedy, and even Abraham Lincoln.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »

Romney makes a quick stop in Wyoming, where he hopes to maintain his lead. He is accompanied by former President George HW Bush. Afterwards, Romney flies quickly to Iowa, where he starts a tour of the eastern part of the state, namely Des Moine.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

Tancredo tours much of the American West (Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, California, etc.)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 05:40:03 PM »

Mitt Romney slams Tom Tancredo in Ceder Rapids, Iowa on term limits and integrity...

Before he remade himself as the "Scourge of Immigration," Tom Tancredo had a successful and lucrative career as a "Champion of Term Limits." In fact, his support of term limits was key to his getting elected in the first place. "I made a pledge, I took the pledge, I will live up to the pledge," said Tancredo in 2001 to the Rocky Mountain News, promising to serve only three terms in the House of Representatives. But then the chickens came home to roost and - guess what? Mr. Tancredo has now utterly broken his solemn vows, and is still in, despite it being more than three terms. Even worse, he has gutlessly tried to conceal his fraud from his constituents.

Right now, Americans need a leader who will act on their promises, not ignore them once elected. That's what I'll do as your President, as your leader. I am asking for your vote tomorrow, so that the America of tomorrow can be better than the America of today.

feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2010, 06:05:52 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2010, 06:11:58 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Tom Tancredo releases a counterattack against Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney flipped on abortion...

Mitt Romney flipped on gay rights...

Mitt Romney supports gun control...

Mitt Romney wrecked Massachusetts' health care system with RomneyCare...

Mitt Romney calls killing embryos for stem cell research "ethical"...

Mitt Romney raised taxes...

Mitt Romney's lawn care company hired illegal immigrants...

In short: Mitt Romney is a LIAR, a LIBERAL, and a HYPOCRITE!!!

America needs someone who knows where they stand on all the issues at one time. Mitt Romney is not that person.

And about his attacks on me - I am retiring at the end of my House term, whether I'm in the Oval Office or not.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 06:17:52 PM »

Mitt Romney responds to Tancredo's attack at a rally in Burlington, Iowa...

Right now, America needs honesty more than ever, and Tom Tancredo's low blow my campaign clearly shows he does not have America's best interests at heart. I stand by my criticism of him because it is correct. Tom Tancredo lied to the people of Colorado when he promised to serve only three terms then went on to serve more than that. And the reason he's not running again this election is probably so that he could run for President.

Now, more than ever, America needs a true leader who will stand up for our values. As President, I will fight liberals head on so that this nation can get back to where it needs to be, both economically and socially. Right now, more than ever, this nation needs honesty, integrity, and leadership. I believe I possess all three, which is why I'm asking for your vote tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies