2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28453 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds rallies in Richmond, Virginia, with Representative Eric Cantor and former Governor Jim Gilmore, and in Winchester with Bob Goodlatte and Rick Santorum.

"I've long been associated with the social conservative wing of the Republican party. I'm conviced that Mike Huckabee is the best candidate for values voters, like myself. If you want someone who's unwavering in his support for the unborn, vote Mike Huckabee. If you want someone who's succeeded in pushing for traditional marriage, vote Mike Huckabee. If you want someone who understands and recognizes the second amendment, please vote Mike Huckabee. Thank you and God bless!"

--Rick Santorum, in Winchester
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2010, 07:18:48 AM »

DC
Romney 89.6% 19
Huckabee 10.4% 0

Maryland
Romney 59.9% 22
Huckabee 40.1% 15

Virginia
Huckabee 55.0% 35
Romney 45.0% 28

Romney Red; Huckabee Blue

Delegate Count
Romney 1003
Huckabee 583
Tancredo 0
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2010, 09:54:39 AM »

Mitt Romney holds a press conference in Madison, Wisconsin, making the following statement...

We were hoping to win Virginia, but came up just short. I congratulate Governor Huckabee on his win there. However, we still had a great night overall, and have increased our delegate lead by 19, and we are now closer than ever to clinching the nomination! Our campaign is focusing heavily now on the wonderful state of Wisconsin, and we hope to clinch the nomination on March 4th when primaries in Texas, Ohio, Vermont, and Rhode Island take place. Thank you all, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2010, 02:20:57 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee holds a press conference in Madison, Wisconsin.

"I wish to thank the people of Virginia. I wish also to congratulate Governor Romney for his strong showings in Maryland and the District of Columbia. We will now be focusing on Wisconsin, where we hope to achieve another win. Thank you and God bless!"

--Mike Huckabee

He then immediately starts campaigning with rallies in Milwaukee and Madison, with three new endorsements: representatives Paul Ryan and Jim Sensenbrenner, and former Governor Tommy Thompson.

"I'm looking forward to voting for Mike Huckabee in the primary, and I hope that other Wisconsin voters do likewise. I have faith in his conservatism and I think he's the best candidate in the race. Thank you and God bless."

--Paul Ryan
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds a series of town hall meetings in Wisconsin, visiting Appleton, Eau Claire, Green Bay and La Crosse and addressing the concerns of voters throughout the state.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »

Mike Huckabee holds rallies in Janesville and Middleton, Wisconsin, with Paul Ryan and Jim Sensenbrenner.

"I'm pleased to endorse Mike Huckabee, and look forward to voting for him in the primary. If you're a conservative Republican, like me, I hope you'll agree, and consider voting for him on primary day. Thank you all, and God bless America!"

--Jim Sensenbrenner
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »

President George W. Bush holds a press conference at the White House...

Today, I'm proud to endorse Mitt Romney for President. It's becoming more apparent each day that he will be our party's nominee, and I wish him the best of luck. To his opponent, Governor Mike Huckabee, I ask him to withdraw from the race with his dignity and integrity intact. A divided primary will lead to a divided party, and in this case, could lead to a Democrat in the White House, something this nation simply cannot afford.

I've made mistakes during my time as President, and I regret those. However, now, America needs a leader who can fix those mistakes and make this nation stronger and safer. There is only one candidate who can do that, and that man is Mitt Romney.

Thank you all, and God Bless. I'm pleased to be voting for Mitt Romney on March 4th in the Texas primary.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

Mitt Romney responds to the President's endorsement in Milwaukee, Wisconsin...

I thank the President for his endorsement. It is greatly appreciated. Despite some of his mistakes, I think we can all agree that President Bush has had some really strong moments in his nation.

I am brought back to 9/11. A tragic day in America, and a day everyone remembers. My question to you all, "Where were you when the world stopped turning, on that September day"? There are millions of answers, and hundreds of thousands of touching stories. This event brought America together, and made everyone proud to be an American.

America cannot afford to have another event like 9/11 occur. As your President, I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen. We must stay strong, both economically and on defense. Republicans are being attacked for the Iraq war, but I can tell you all something now: I would rather lose an election than lose a war. It is vital that we stay strong in Iraq and remain our presence until the mission is accomplished. Thank you all, and God Bless!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »

Minority Leader John Boehner holds a rally for Mitt Romney in Ohio...

Today, I'm proud to endorse Mitt Romney for President of the United States! It's time for America to unite around it's leader, not continue to try and divide this party further. That's why I'm supporting Romney. But not only that, Mitt has the courage, leadership, and integrity to lead this nation. I'm proud to support him, and can't wait to vote for him on March 4th!

Later that day, multiple members of Congress endorse Governor Romney from Texas and Ohio...

Jean Schmidt
Jim Jordan
Steve Austria
Steve Latourette
Rob Portman
Joe Barton
William Thornberry
Kevin Brady
Kay Granger
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2010, 03:45:30 PM »

Jean Schmidt makes an appearence in Ohio on behalf of Governor Romney...

Mitt Romney is the man. He has the guts to stand up to liberals, instead of siding with them like his opponent does. He won't take no for an answer, and will fight his hardest to get the job done. We need a leader like that in the White House, not one who supports educating criminals and lets convicted rapists roam the streets! I'm supporting Mitt because he is that leader, and his opponent is not. I ask you all to do the same.
- Congresswoman Jean Schmidt

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »

Former President George H. W. Bush makes an appearance for Governor Romney in Madison, Wisconsin...

Well, I must say, I'm proud of my son for endorsing Romney. Not that I'm playing favorites, but his Christmas card may be shinier than the one I send to Jeb. (crowd roars) No, I'm kidding. Politics and family never mix, even in a family as political as mine.

Today, I'm here to give you all an exciting speech. This is it. (crowd laughs) Seriously though, I'm sick of the games being played in Washingtons. I'm sick of fake politicians who claim to be the most conservative candidate despite wanting to educate criminals and let rapists free, as well as supporting tax hikes multiple times. I'm ready for a leader who will play it straight up, not the political way we're used to. I support Mitt Romney for those reasons, and I ask you all to support him too. Thank you, and God Bless!
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »

Congressman Tom Tancredo holds a rally in Boise, Idaho in support of Mitt Romney:

"Mitt Romney is a healthy and health-wise American. Massachusetts is one of the healthiest states in the Union. Do I support RomneyCare? No, but at least Massachusetts-ans are healthy!

But Mike Huckabee? No! Arkansas is one of the unhealthiest states in the Union (by contrast), and Mike Huckabee at one point did weight 200+ pounds! He is a bad example for Americans and American children.

We shouldn't let some unhealthy jerk waltz into the Oval Office to ruin our progress as a nation.
"
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »

While campaigning in Wisconsin, a reporter asks Romney to comment on the attacks made by Tancredo...

While I wouldn't go as far to call Mike a jerk, I do find it concerning the unhealthy state of Arkansas. With obesity at an all time high, we need a President who can be a good role model to young kids struggling with weight problems. And while I'm sure Governor Huckabee is a great guy, I can't see him being that role model, given his weight problems. I supported bills that got Massachusetts on track as one of the healthiest states in the nation, and I hope to do something similar on a national level.
- Mitt Romney
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

The Mike Huckabee campaign releases a statement on the recent Tancredo/Romney attacks:

"We consider it disturbing that Romney is resorting to Mike Huckabee's health as a means for new attacks. Not only is it dishonest (Mike is in great health, and though he was formerly overweight, he has since lost 110 pounds), it's also disgraceful because it's not an issue and has nothing to do with either candidate's abilities, especially since Huckabee no longer has a weight 'issue'"

Mike Huckabee also holds a rally in Milwaukee with Tommy Thompson and a new endorsement, Tom Petri.

"Here's someone who boasts about his health and the health of his former constituents, and who talks of being the true economic conservative in the race. Yet, let's not forget he signed legislation that forced Bay Staters to buy health insurance, which most certainly is not economically conservative. I realize that now Romney will talk about how I'm dividing the party, but let's not forget that just now Mitt was the one who brought up the health care issue in the first place, and he started the attack."

--Mike Huckabee
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »

Governor Mitt Romney campaigns with Vice President Dick Cheney and Governor Tim Pawlenty in Rockford, Wisconsin...

Now Mike's at it again, calling out campaign dishonest! The fact is, whether he wants to admit it or not, Mike Huckabee is still overweight, and I think that's pretty much a given to anyone who's seen him. This campaign is not about trying to smear our opponent with baseless attacks. The facts are this: Each day, hundreds of children across America are being diagnosed with diabetes, and more and more are severely overweight. Obesity in America is now over 40%, as more Americans are getting lazier and more "fat" foods are being encouraged. America needs a leader who will fight to turn the tide against obesity. How can Mike Huckabee manage our children's health when he can't even manage his own!?!?
- Vice President Dick Cheney
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #240 on: September 27, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »

Mike Huckabee is endorsed by the following people:

Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker (MS)
Steve Chabot (OH)
Michael McCaul (TX)

Cochran: "Mike Huckabee is a true conservative Republican, and I'm glad to endorse him. He has the experience, and in my opinion, he's best on the issues too. He's pro-life, pro-second amendment and pro-traditional marriage. I also think he's best on economics, health care for example. Therefore, I ask Mississippi voters to support him on primary day."
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #241 on: September 27, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »

Sorry Im really busy today so polling will have to wait to tomorrow afternoon.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2010, 07:37:52 PM »

Mike Huckabee announces a series of town hall meetings in Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin. He will be addressing the economic concerns of voters in both cities.

Also, Paul Ryan, Jim Sensenbrenner and Tommy Thompson stump for Huckabee in both cities and elsewhere in the state.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #243 on: September 27, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2010, 08:52:00 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee holds more rallies in Wisconsin, visiting Oshkosh, Milwaukee and Green Bay. He mentions the recent endorsements from Cochran, Wicker, Chabot, and McCaul.

"I'm glad to see more people across America joining our campaign and our message of true conservatism. If you want a conservative Republican in the White House, I hope you'll consider voting for Mike Huckabee on the 19th of February. Thank you, and God Bless!"

--Mike Huckabee
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #244 on: September 27, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »

Mitt Romney holds another rally in Wisconsin with Senator Sam Brownback. He also tours the state with Senator Lisa Murkowski and Governor Timothy Pawlenty. Romney focuses on his conservative credentials, and makes a strong emphasis on fighting illegal immigration, improving the natural surroundings and taking good advantage of the Great Lakes, and helping the elderly with social security and veteran benefits.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2010, 10:39:03 AM »

Mitt Romney continues to campaign heavily in Wisconsin, and also makes a couple stops in Ohio with Jean Schmidt. Mitt Romney focuses on his experience in the private sector. Also, John Kasich appears in Ohio with Romney and offers his endorsement.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »

Jean Schmidt continues to tour Southwest Ohio on behalf of Romney...

I support Mitt Romney simply because he's the best candidate. This country, this party, does not need a leader who supports giving college degrees to illegal aliens, supports even more tax hikes, lies about it, and is soft on crime! We need a leader who will set a good role model for our children and future generations, and that man is clearly Mitt Romney!
- Jean Schmidt
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »

I'm a big supporter of Mitt Romney. Mike Huckabee wouldn't be terrible, but right now, Ohio, as well as the rest of America, needs a fiscally responsible leader, not one who has a history of raising taxes. I'll be voting for Mitt on primary day, and I hope you all do too!
- Senator George Voinovich

Mitt Romney has continued a hard blitz of Wisconsin, where he hopes a decisive victory will force a quick withdrawal from Governor Huckabee.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2010, 04:24:46 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee releases an advertisement to Wisconsin regarding Mitt Romney and so called "RomneyCare" implemented in Massachusetts.

He also holds a new series of town hall meetings in Appleton, Madison and Milwaukee.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »

Mitt Romney releases an ad of substance in Wisconsin focusing on Huckabee's liberal tendencies...

Announcer: Mike Huckabee...He claims he's the conservative candidate in the race. Is he? Let's look at the facts...
As Governor he signed legislation to raise taxes as 87 times. The Governor supported legislation to provide college education to illegal immigrants, and pardoned more criminals than any other Governor in America.
http://Mitt Romney: America's in trying times, and now more than ever, we need a true conservative, not just one in name. I'll be that person, and I ask for your vote on February 19th.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies