2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28433 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »

At a rally in Providence, Rhode Island, both former Senator Lincoln Chaffee and Vermont Governor Jim Douglas endorse Romney...

It's time for the Northeast to rise again and bring common-sense values back to the White House. We're both confident of Mitt's capabilities, and I have enjoyed seeing him work. I look forward to voting for him, and hope all of you do too!
- Lincoln Chaffee
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2010, 03:30:04 PM »

Mitt Romney is the candidate for America! His experience in the private sector shows that he knows what this country needs to do to keep jobs in America and lower our unemployment numbers. And despite the fact that Huckabee thinks that knowledge is unimportant, it is, even more, arguably, then spending years as Governor, signing tax increases 87 times!
- John Boehner in Cleveland

The choice is clear: Vote for Mitt. If you believe conservative economic principles will get our economy going, vote for Mitt. If you also believe social issues are a deep concern and want a pro-life President, vote for Mitt. And if you think we should be deporting, not rewarding, illegal immigrants, by all means, vote for Mitt Romney!
- Jean Schmidt in Cincinnati
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »

John Boozman stumps with Romney in Texas...

I'm proud to be from the state of Arkansas where Mike Huckabee will be for the next four years! I know firsthand what the effects of a Huckabee administration are, and while they wouldn't be as terrible as a Warner administration, they certainly wouldn't put America in a bright future, specifically on economics. However, one candidate will give America a bright future, economically and morally. And that candidate is Mitt Romney!
- John Boozman
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2010, 05:40:24 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2010, 08:30:00 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

February 2008 Week 3

Upcoming Primaries

February Week 4- No Primary
March Week 1- Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
March Week 2- Mississippii
March Week 3- No Primary
MArch Week 4- No Primary

Republicans
Romney 52.8%
Huckabee 42.2%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

Ohio
Huckabee 47.6%
Romey 47.4%

Rhode Island
Romney 69.9%
Huckabee 25.1%

Vermont
Romney 70.3%
Huckabee 24.7%

Texas
Romney 47.5%
Huckabee 47.5%

Pennsylvania
Romney 49.9%
Huckabee 45.1%

General Election Matchups

Romney 48%
Warner 41%

Huckabee 46%
Warner 39%

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »

On March 3rd, Mitt Romney's campaign manager makes a surprsing announcement...

I regret to inform you all that I will be stepping down as Governor Romney's campaign manager. A few days ago, my family learned that my wife is battling breast cancer. While I would love to continue leading this campaign to victory, my family must take precedence. I wish the Governor the best of luck, and can't wait to vote for him in the fall.

Speculation rises on who Romney will choose. Among those listed is Karl Rove. Later that evening, Mitt has a discussion with his wife, Anne...

Mitt: Wow, I think we can actually win this.
Anne: It looks so. Polling is good.
Mitt: That it is. I was honestly expecting us to be down in Texas by a bit, but we're slightly leading there. Both Ohio and Texas are purely based on turnout, while Rhode Island and Vermont are in the bag.
Anne: We need to have the Bush family campaigning heavily in Texas for you. They hold a lot of weight there. Maybe get Voinovich stumping more in Ohio as well.
Mitt: Of course, we also need Boehner out there more, though he's been a rockstar thus far.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2010, 11:01:58 AM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Another Texan endorses Mike Huckabee, Tom Leppert. Huckabee appears with him and Senators Hutchison and Cornyn in a set of rallies in Dallas and Houston, Texas.

Mike Huckabee also holds several town-hall meetings in both cities and elsewhere in Texas.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »

Former President George HW Bush and current President George Bush announce they will be touring Texas on behalf of Mitt Romney. They have planned stops in all major cities, including Dallas, Austin, Houston, and Wichita Falls.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »

At a press conference in Cleveland, Ohio, Romney formally introduces his new campaign manager...

I'm proud to announce my new selection for campaign manager is Bob Paduchik. Bob served as the chief campaign manager for President Bush's 2004 reelection campaign in Ohio. He has worked various campaigns throughout the state of Ohio and also served as a Deputy Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Department of Energy.

Many see this selection as a play to get more support from Ohio, which the Romney campaign hasn't denied. However, Paduchik is seen as a decent hire across the board.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2010, 05:30:41 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee holds town hall meetings in Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio. Most notably, he holds an event at the City Club forum in downtown Cleveland, where he answers questions pertaining to social, economic and foreign policy. After the events, he campaigns across Ohio with Representatives Chabot, Turner, Latta, and Tiberi.

After that he travels to Texas for a set of rallies in Wichita Falls, Laredo, Houston, Fort Worth and Dallas, where he will campaign with Senators Hutchison and Cornyn, and Dallas mayor Tom Leppert.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »

Mitt Romney holds a major rally in Columbus, Ohio, in front of the capital building...

Thank you all, thank you so much! It is a privelage and an honor to be here.

For years, Washington, and Columbus, have been plagued with corrupt politicians who have no interest in the people they serve, rather themselves. Our nation is spiraling out of control, with great deficits, lack of moral standing, and rising unemployment numbers. It's sad how quickly something like this can happen to a nation. My friends, it would only get worse under liberal leadership. We can turn the tides, and we will.

March 4th could change history forever. It could be a milestone to show that Republicans and Independents from all over the nation are tired of the same old Washington and are ready for change. I'm ready to bring that change, and a heavy dose of it.

I ask for your vote in the upcoming primary. Together, we can make America great!

Around the same time, Former President George HW Bush holds a rally with Congressman Conaway near Houston, Texas...

My friends, there is one candidate in this race whom I admire and respect. He has the passion, leadership capabilities, and commitment to serve as our commander in chief. I'm a big supporter of Mitt Romney, and have been from the getgo. I ask you all to vote for him on March 4th, and let's get America going again!
- George HW Bush

In Indiana, a teenager named Isaac hopes that on his birthday, March 4th, his candidate will clinch the nomination. His eyes are glued to the TV to see if Romney pulls it off...
Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2010, 01:22:45 PM »

Mitt Romney makes a stop in Houston, Texas, where he is hoping a win in one of Republicans' strongest states will seal the nomination. He focuses heavily on his experience in the private sector and conservatism on social issues. He is accompanied by Congressman Barton and former President George HW Bush.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:23 PM »

February 2008 Week 4

Upcoming Primaries

March Week 1- Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
March Week 2- Mississippii
March Week 3- No Primary
MArch Week 4- No Primary
April Week 1- NO Primary

Republicans
Romney 53.8%
Huckabee 41.2%

Blue-Romney, Light Blue-Huckabee

NO State Polls Requested

General Election Matchups

Romney 49%
Warner 41%

Huckabee 47%
Warner 39%

ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »

Ohio
Romney 51.1% 45
Huckabee 48.9% 43

Rhode Island
Romney 74.3% 20
Huckabee 25.7% 0

Texas
Romney 52.3% 73
Huckabee 47.7% 67

Vermont
Romney 80.1% 17
Huckabee 19.9% 0

Romney Red; Huckabee Blue

Delegate Count
Romney 1207
Huckabee 713
Tancredo 0

...In Indiana, a teenager named Isaac hopes that on his birthday, March 4th, his candidate will clinch the nomination. His eyes are glued to the TV to see if Romney pulls it off...
Wink

lol
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #288 on: October 04, 2010, 05:46:58 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!!! MITT ROMNEY IS THE PROJECTED NOMINEE FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!![/b]

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #289 on: October 04, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »

Mitt Romney addresses a riled up crowd in Austin, Texas...

My friends, tonight marks the beginning of a better tomorrow! 4 years ago, very few took our campaign seriously. Yet tonight, we made history, and America has won big time! I thank voters in Rhode Island, Vermont, and Ohio...oh, and Texas (crowd roars) for their vote of confidence tonight, and I look forward to carrying the party banner in November. I thank Governor Huckabee for a good race as well. I know his supporters may be disappointed, and that's understandable. Right now, the alternative is grim, and we must have a conservative administration for the next four years. Thank you all, and God Bless!!!
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #290 on: October 04, 2010, 06:59:19 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2010, 07:05:43 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

Mike Huckabee immediately holds a concession statement at a rally in Cleveland, Ohio.

"My friends, we have come a long way, and to the end of a very long journey. I wish to thank each and every one of you in your support. We've fought the good fight, and I may have lost, but it was never my intention to quit. It was always my first priority to push for conservative values, and I remain no less strong in that pursuit than when I entered the race.

However, the voters have spoken, and now, Mitt Romney has won the Republican nomination for president. This is not the result I, or you, my supporters, have expected or hoped for, but I accept the voters' choice. I promised to concede the nomination if Romney reached the needed amount of delegates, and here I am to fulfill that promise. I am suspending my presidential campaign and wish to congratulate Mitt Romney on winning the Republican nomination.
"
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »

March Week 1

Romney 50.1%
Warner 39.9%

NO State Polls Requested
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2010, 08:26:35 PM by NE Assembyman electoraljew2 »

March Week 2

Romney 50.7%
Warner 39.3%

NO State Polls Requested
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2010, 08:32:40 PM »

Romney announces a Northeastern tour. He has planned stops with Olympia Snowe and Lincoln Chaffee in Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.

Tim Pawlenty, Charlie Crist, Haley Barbour, and Kay Bailey Hutchison are seen as the leading candidates for VP.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #294 on: October 10, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »

March Week 3

Romney 52.4%
Warner 37.9%

Massachuessts
Romney 45.1%
Warner 40.0%

Hawaii
Romney 42.3%
Warner 41.9%

Utah
Romney 86.4%
Warner 6.7%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

Mitt Romney announces a Western tour, with stops in California, Oregon, and Washington. After the trip, he leaves with his family to Hawaii where they spend a couple days at a resort. On his Pacific coast trip, he is accompanied by Meg Whitman, John Ensign, and former Gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »

March Week 4

Romney 52.8%
Warner 36.5%

NO POLLS REQUESTED
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States