2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:24:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28539 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »

Mitt Romney holds a rally at the Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan where he announces his intentions to run for President. Here are clips of his speech...

.....Innovation and transformation have been at the heart of America's success from the very beginning. And if there ever was a time when innovation and transformation were needed in government, it is now.....I believe that the family is the foundation of America and that it needs to be protected and strengthen. I believe in the sanctity of human life.....Today, I announce my candidacy for the Republican nomination. It's time for America to get back on track economically, and I believe I have the best economic record of any candidate in this race. Let's get back on track America. Let's elect true strength for America's future. Thank you, and God Bless!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »

In Concord, New Hampshire, Senator Judd Gregg makes a fiery speech endorsing Mitt Romney for President...

This is a crucial hour in American history. Now more than ever, we need real leaders to work to fix our economic problems. Democrats have been letting Americans down for the past 2 years and it's time to show them we mean business! Now is not the time for timid, reckless, liberal leadership.  Now is the time for strong leadership that will fight for a lower deficit, a smaller government, lower taxes, and more power to the people so that as one nation, we can all come together to bring this nation back to it's glory days! And friends, now is the time for that leader to emerge; a beacon of hope for all America. I am proud to endorse the next President of the United States of America, my dear friend, Governor Mitt Romney!

Romney begins to lay the groundwork to his campaign, focusing heavily on the lead-off states. He has also begun investing in large delegate prizes, such as New York and California, as he hopes to clinch the nomination on Super Tuesday.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 06:32:59 AM »

Governor Mitt Romney campaigns with Governor Charlie Crist in Florida, where he focuses heavily on his economic plan and social issues.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:40 PM »

Governor Mitt Romney campaigns in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. He is accompanied by Governor Charlie Crist, Senator Jim Demint, and Congressman Tom Price.

In 2002, the Salt Lake City Olympics were in ruins. I stepped in there, turned things around, and we had one of the greatest sports events in American history. Soon after I ran a campaign in a state where Democrats outnumber Republicans over 2-1, and prevailed. My friends, I know how to run a strong campaign, and I have in the past. As President Calvin Coolidge once said, "The business of America is business". Let's get America back on track, both economically and morally. Thank you, and God Bless!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »

At a rally in Olathe, Kansas, Sam Brownback endorses Mitt Romney for President...

I actually considered entering this race myself. But when I saw Mitt enter, I knew we had a winner. I knew we had a man who knew business and could get this nation moving forward again. When you head to that election booth, vote for the candidate that has your best interests in mind, not special interests. Vote for Mitt Romney!

- Sam Brownback
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2010, 08:42:58 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

Mitt Romney campaigns with Terry Branstead in Iowa, where emphasizing his economic conservatism...

Ask yourself when voting which candidate will fight for you more, the taxpayer. Will it be the man who raised taxes over 87 times as Governor of Arkansas? No, my friends, it won't. It'll be the man who saved the Salt Lake City Olympics and put the state of Massachusetts on track economically. That man is Mitt Romney!
- Terry Branstead

After the speech, Mitt Romney flies to Florida and South Carolina, where he campaigns with Senators Graham and Demint as well as Governors Crist and Sanford.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »

What the hell?

electoraljew2, tmthforu94 is clearly cheating/going against the rules, because I took Grassley already.

Mike Huckabee garners important endorsements in Iowa, from Senator Chuck Grassley and Representative Steve King, and in Florida, from Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp. Grassley says--

"Iowans and Americans, there is a choice now. There is the Democratic party, which if elected will continue to push a liberal agenda that has done us no good so far. But who are we to support, if not them? After all, the Republicans have a choice as well. That is why I invite you to make the right choice, and vote for my friend, Michael Dale Huckabee. He is the best chance for conservatives to take on the Democrats in 2008."

Huckabee also begins to run advertisements in Iowa and Florida.

I'll also post the PMs on request.
Ah, don't overreact. I just got Branstead and Grassley mixed up. I'll edit it very quickly. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »

By the way, he still didn't remove the Grassley quote.
Seriously, take a chill pill. I forgot I wrote his name down twice. I edited it.

ElectoralJew, feel free to dock me a point or two for this to make Officepark happy. I really don't care.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »

Mitt Romney releases an attack ad on Mike Huckabee, calling him bad for the economy...

Mike Huckabee...he claims to be the conservative candidate, but lets look closer. As Governor of Arkansas, he signed into law tax increases 87 times as Governor. Now you tell me, is that the conservative way? Mitt Romney, a proven businessman with success in the private selector. He's true strength for America's Future.
I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »

Mitt Romney chuckles with his advisors on Huckabee's latest attack.

"I'll be able to wash it away when I simply state that I didn't run for a second term to prepare myself as Governor. We'll have to distance ourselves from Huckster by simply comparing my experience in the private sector to his lack there of. Start digging on him on social issues. We know he's weak on crime, but let's find his other weaknesses."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:31:39 AM »

Mitt Romney campaigns with Senator Judd Gregg in New Hampshire before flying to Iowa for a state tour with Terry Branstead. The same day, Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana endorsed Romney.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »

In Texas, former President George HW Bush makes an official endorsement at the Presidential Library...

I've been watching this race closely, and I truly believe we have two honorable men running. However, I have known Mitt Romney for a long time, and knew his father very well. While I think Huckabee would be a fine President, I think Mitt Romney would go above and beyond the call of duty. His economic experience would bring America into a new era of economics, and I think we could rightfully take our place as the world's lone superpower under a Romney administration. I am proud to endorse Mitt for President, and I sincerely hope that everyone who wants a strong economic future for America will do the same. Thank you.
- George HW Bush

After this stunning endorsement, several more conservatives announced their support for Governor Romney, including Senator's John Thune, John Sununu, and Tom Coburn as well as Governor Jim Gibbons.

Later that week, Mitt Romney makes several appearences with the former President in Texas, then holds several town hall meetings with Senator Coburn in Oklahoma, with stops in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Fort Gibson, Marietta, and New Castle.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »

At a rally in North Carolina, former Presidential candidate Robert Dole and his wife, Senator Elizabeth Dole, endorse Romney, saying his policies will make America  a safer, stronger nation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »

Mitt Romney makes stops in Missouri and Iowa with former Governor Terry Branstead, Senator Sam Brownback, and former President George HW Bush. At a rally in Burlington, Iowa, Romney makes the following remarks...

Iowa, you have a key part in this primary process. The candidate you choose in a couple months could very well likely be the Republican nominee. I've spent years in the private sector, and I know what needs to be done to get this economy back on track: smart, conservative decision. Let's cut our national deficit, create more private sector jobs, and make the government smaller. The people should be running the government, not vice-versa. I promise you all, that as President, I will do everything in my part to implement smart, conservative principles to our economic policy.
- Mitt Romney
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »

Mitt Romney makes a stop in South Carolina with Senator Jim Demint.

While I think Mike Huckabee would serve well, my main concern is the fact that he raised taxes over 87 times as Governor of Arkansas. While I agree with Huckabee on many issues, taxes is not one of them. I support cuts, while he seems to support increases.

- Mitt Romney
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »

Mitt Romney tours the state of Iowa with former Governor Terry Branstead...

America is in trying times, with staggering unemployment numbers, higher taxes, and less and less families being able to send their children to college. My friends, decline can happen quickly, even to a great nation, and it's a sobering thought. Liberty is the right to be free, in our conscience, in our mind, free in our decisions making. We have the pursuit of happiness. This was a radical concept: what I produce belongs to me, not the king, and not the government. These are the ideals that animated the founding fathers, and these are the same ideas that will be implemented under a Romney administration! Thank you, and God Bless!
- Mitt Romney

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2010, 11:18:28 AM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

At a joint rally in New Orleans, Senator's Murkowski and Vitter both endorse Mitt Romney, citing his economic experience as the main reason for their support.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »

At a joint rally in New Orleans, Senator's McCain and Vitter both endorse Mitt Romney, citing his economic experience as the main reason for their support.

McCain endorsed Tancredo. Remember?
ElectoralJew confirmed it, but then messaged me this morning tell me he's been taken. I'll edit it. Thank you for mentioning this in a respectful way.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »

Mike Huckabee campaigns in Iowa, visiting Ames, Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. He appears with Chuck Grassley, Steve King and Tom Latham. He then goes to campaign in Oklahoma alongside representatives John Sullivan and Tom Cole.

Cole says, "This is a very important decision for the Republicans to make. While all of the candidates are very respectable, I think that Mike Huckabee is the best choice for the Republican party, and I encourage all Republicans to vote for him in the primaries. He has the conservative record and the experience to lead the Republicans in 2008."

He then campaigns in South Carolina with Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer, and in Florida with Senator Mel Martinez and Lt. Governor Jeff Kottkamp.
I have Steve King. ElectoralJew just confirmed it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »

Mitt Romney campaigns heavily with Ross Perot and Terry Branstead in Burlington, Ceder Rapids, and Des Moine, Iowa. Afterwards, he takes a bus tour with Ross Perot through Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and finally in South Carolina, where he barnstorms with Governor Sanford and Senator's Graham and Demint.

The fact is, this economy is going to collapse completely at any second, mainly due to the many mistakes made by the last couple of administrations. I'm an economist and a businessman. I know what it takes to fuel and economy and keep it running strong. And friends, the policies that would be implemented under a Romney administration are exactly what this country needs. If you care at all about this nation's economic future, then you should really consider voting for Mitt Romney.
- Ross Perot

After the bus tour, Mitt Romney flies up to New Hampshire and Massachusetts where he appears at multiple fundraisers hosted by Senator Sununu and Governor Rell.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

Mitt Romney makes campaign stops in Iowa, where he participates in multiple town hall events with former popular Governor Terry Branstead.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »

Elizabeth Cheney holds a press conference in Boulder, Colorado...

Today, I am announcing my support for Mitt Romney. Just a few hours ago, I accepted a position as a senior adviser on his campaign, and I look forward to a President Romney in 2009. I have the utmost respect for my father and his candidate, Mike Huckabee, but at the end of the day, I truly believe our nation will see great days under a Romney administration, and I look forward to helping his campaign in every way possible. Thank you, and God Bless.

(While many may accuse this of being unrealistic since she is not supporting the candidate her father supports, Elizabeth Cheney actually did endorse Romney in 2008 and worked on his campaign.)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »

In Iowa City, Iowa, Iowa University President Sally Mason officially endorses Mitt Romney, with Mitt and his family standing beside her...

As a mother, educator, and concerned citizen, I have a lot of issues with the way this nation is being run. Running a country is similar to running a university...it's a lot of work! There's one candidate in this race that I know we can count on to run this nation the right way, and that man is Mitt Romney! I encourage everyone to vote for him for President in January!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2010, 09:49:35 PM by Governor Tmthforu94 »

Mitt Romney travels around the state of Iowa with his family, Sally Mason, and former Governor Terry Branstead. He promises to fight higher taxes and make clean energy, especially ethanol, a top priority in his administration.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »

Mitt Romney campaigns in Texas and Iowa with former President George HW Bush. Afterwards, he flies to California, where he is endorsed by two rising Republican stars: Carly Fiorina and Meg Whitman. Both emphasize their economic experience and how they agree with Romney's ideas.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies