2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:19:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28680 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: August 16, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
« edited: August 16, 2010, 08:36:51 PM by Assemblyman Barnes »

Governor Richardson travels to Kansas and talks about his pro Second Amendment views:

"I believe in the right of each American to keep and bear arms.  I think that that's just a common sense issue.  Of course, we need some restrictions on gun ownership, however, I carry a gun, and if you are a law abiding, taxpaying citizen, you should be allowed to carry one, too!"

Next, Governor Richardson travels to Kansas City, Missouri and give a speech about Universal Health Care:

"The right to be healthy is a fundamental right for every American. Rich or poor, black, white, Latino, you name it, we all have the right to a free, quality healthcare system. It's truly a shame to me that the richest nation in the world can't afford to keep its own people healthy."

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:48:49 PM »

Governor Richardson travels to Iowa, and holds a series of town hall style meetings throughout the day. They are focused mainly on ending the Iraq War and energy independence. The day cumulates with Richardson in Cedar Rapids, blasting the energy policy of the Bush Administration:

"While I wouldn't grade President Bush highly on many thing, one issue, energy, the new frontier of the 21st century, I would give him an F.  No questions asked.

While the Republicans have been giving tax breaks and loopholes to oil companies, we've had to pay more on gas, and watch as America is left behind as other countries race towards a green energy future."

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2010, 10:14:57 PM by Assemblyman Barnes »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".

A Daschle spokesman is asked about the advertisement and responds humorously with "Well, since Governor Richardson is a in fact a month older than Senator Daschle, that makes him the old Democrat."

Out of game: Wink
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:21:56 PM »

(I'm sorry, I don't have the time for this right now)

Governor Richardson drops out of the Presidential race and endorses former Senator Tom Daschle:

"You know, I have criticized Tom's campaign before, but, the worst of you can really come out in a campaign some times. Tom really has the right idea for America, and I'm glad to be supporting him!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies